Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so if its subscribers only that get first access to The Blackout, some kind soul will figure out a way to get it to the rest of us non-subscribing losers, right? asking for a friend. :shifty:

The use of the hashtags makes me wonder if they want people who were there to share this pic on social media, tag themselves, and use those hashtags to help promote the single and album.

But if The Blackout was meant to be a second single not released until November, there's no way they would be dropping these things this early.

At this point, it has to be either The Blackout coming out first or a double single. And if we go by officially released info by the band (the letter, this announcement), we have evidence for Blackout and not much for Best Thing. All we have for the latter are industry rumors.

I think people are getting their wires crossed.

I think The Blackout will the September single. I know there's been a lot of industry rumors and listings for TBT, but it just doesn't make any sense given what we know.

It's totally ok and not unheard of for the band to throw an album track out there and then release TBT as the lead off single. That way, if TBT flops, they can easily shift marketing behind the Blackout.

AT this point, if they come out with 2 songs now, it would beg for a third before the album comes in December. I'm confused and happy.
This is all very exciting and it gives me more hope that we will hear a completely new song and not just the TBT U2 version.

MORE please, NOW

Releasing 2 songs upfront might create a larger-than-desired conflict with the last leg of the Joshua Tree tour. In the bands' eyes, I mean. In an interview, Adam mentioned that they didn't want to shift focus to a new album prematurely.

It's totally ok and not unheard of for the band to throw an album track out there and then release TBT as the lead off single. That way, if TBT flops, they can easily shift marketing behind the Blackout.

At this point what's the difference? The traditional nature of a single has gone out the window in a sense. Are they even going to release a CD single for anything? Are we talking about what will be available on iTunes for a one-song download? What gets sent to radio?

If we're talking billboard charts I guess it matters but the band isn't likely to make a big splash there anyway.

Whatever gets released in any form is theoretically a single. So if there's a video for The Blackout that premieres, you better believe the radio will be playing it. And that makes it a single by my definition. It would look dumb to have that come out and then a couple weeks later be like "No wait THIS is the first official single!"

The first thing we get to hear is the first single.

:up::up::up:

Releasing 2 songs upfront might create a larger-than-desired conflict with the last leg of the Joshua Tree tour. In the bands' eyes, I mean. In an interview, Adam mentioned that they didn't want to shift focus to a new album prematurely.

To be honest, i don't think they really care that much anymore. In fact I would bet they are just dying to be done with this part of things.
While the JT shows were cool, I'm guessing with all the new stuff swirling, the band is probably over this whole JT tour thing and are excited for the new stuff. In my view, their new material was always the engine that drove them and created great live shows.

I don't think releasing 1 song or 2 is going to conflict any more or less with what's going on. I think they are ready for the next phase - like us!

They want to let that picture make the rounds on social media so I guess we won't see anything else for another day or two. Drip, drip, drip.

All signs from Team U2 would be that it's The Blackout, but everything else is telling us it's TBT.

Interesting! Hopefully things are revealed soon.

At this point what's the difference? The traditional nature of a single has gone out the window in a sense. Are they even going to release a CD single for anything? Are we talking about what will be available on iTunes for a one-song download? What gets sent to radio?

If we're talking billboard charts I guess it matters but the band isn't likely to make a big splash there anyway.

Whatever gets released in any form is theoretically a single. So if there's a video for The Blackout that premieres, you better believe the radio will be playing it. And that makes it a single by my definition. It would look dumb to have that come out and then a couple weeks later be like "No wait THIS is the first official single!"

The first thing we get to hear is the first single.

You're right. Streaming has totally opened up the field on multiple songs. No one is heading down to Sam Goody to grab the new U2 cassingle anymore.
So two songs could chart with streams and downloads and youtube views.

The radio issue is a different story... U2 does has decent crossover, but i can't see how both songs would get airplay on a single format. Looks like TBT is supposed to go to Alternative and AC stations, and I would guess the Blackout would as well, maybe along with Rock stations... So could be odd with a double release in that respect.

I think it is still in the realm of possibility, that The Blackout is a U2.com Subscriber exclusive (which we will see tomorrow/this week), and YATBTAM will be the first official SOE Single, coming on September 8.

That's my vision of things unfolding at least

Considering the amount of promo for Blackout, it would seem it is the first single.

If U2 really wanted a song to go up the charts, wouldn't it make sense to focus on one song and promote the hell out of it?

I don't mind getting two songs, in fact I'd prefer they just release the entire album to the public. But they ALWAYS talk about having a hit. Their Apple promo last time did nothing for the Miracle, so not sure how releasing two songs does any better?

Again, this is only for the relevance talk, unless they just want to be talked about and not have a high charting song

Considering the amount of promo for Blackout, it would seem it is the first single.

Should we disregard the "Mediabase Impact" screenshots for TBT completely?

Between now and then there is not much room for an" official" Single other than TBT, no?

Should we disregard the "Mediabase Impact" screenshots for TBT completely?

Between now and then there is not much room for an" official" Single other than TBT, no?

It's possible... I mean, TBT was the name floating out there for quite a while as the first single. Possible that the name never got updated or something... But who the hell knows.

On a side note - good ol' U2Valencia just blacked out their entire FB profile pic. But gave no info, update, hints or anything. So yeah. Bravo again Valencia...

It's possible... I mean, TBT was the name floating out there for quite a while as the first single. Possible that the name never got updated or something... But who the hell knows.

On a side note - good ol' U2Valencia just blacked out their entire FB profile pic. But gave no info, update, hints or anything. So yeah. Bravo again Valencia...

Uh. U2Valencia... .

yeah U2Valencia have just tweeted out the full date of the thing they've been teasing.

DIVqJs4W0AE8CpZ.jpg:large

I dont think they're totally leading us on with made up info, but they've def been a bit troll-y about it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom