Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hoping we get The Blackout soon as well. Or at least some other teaser clips or something. While TBT will be cool to hear in the non-Kygo way, it still won't be a truly new song for us, so that's a bit disappointing.

This makes me glad in some ways that I haven't heard any of the clips associated with The Best Thing yet. When I get the studio version, I can pretty much judge whether I like it on the merits, and not the "remix" or "beach clip" parts I might keep hearing in my head.

It makes zero sense to send that letter out and then release Best Thing first. The only thing that keeps it a possibility that Best Thing is still up first is the fact that U2 have done a lot of things that don't make any sense over the past 4-5 years.

Exactly. I know that you had knocked me for thinking the TBT would probably still be the lead even after the letters came out. But you're right, it doesn't make much sense at all. The letters had what you would assume would be the desired effect. They hit social media and everyone from NME to COS wrote pieces about it. It was a great move. So now to come out with TBT just seems strange, and counterproductive.

I have my fingers crossed that it is The Blackout, and that possibly the Mediawhatever site that had the info about TBT impacting radio, was them going with older title information that had been floating around.

Hopefully this all becomes clear this week, and there is an actual plan. But right now it seems like convoluted second guessing that has plagued them for too long now.

Last edited:
It makes zero sense to send that letter out and then release Best Thing first. The only thing that keeps it a possibility that Best Thing is still up first is the fact that U2 have done a lot of things that don't make any sense over the past 4-5 years.

Well, at least it's keeping it on our toes.

I wonder if we're due for another Linear/Films of Innocence kind of thing, where Blackout is the central theme?

I wonder if we're due for another Linear/Films of Innocence kind of thing, where Blackout is the central theme?

i see your point, as maybe an explanation for the whole Blackout thing.
But while Linear was interesting, it was probably seen by a minuscule amount of people. I wish they would spend their time on more productive promotionals and extras.
I think Linear and the acoustic SOI sessions were a huge waste of time and energy. Would much rather see them doing surprise promo gigs, TV appearances, bonus songs from leftover material, or things like that.

I don't think we've ever had so many pieces of information and known so little...

Last edited:
DIVLPsXWsAARDlC.jpg

It'd be a weird, but cool experiment to play a small show and debut the new album by playing it in its entirety live.

You will probably only get the email if you were at the Gashouder, right?

99.9% of U2.com subscribers were not at the Blackout filming and the message ("Remember the Gashouder? See yourself in the picture?") would make no sense to the majority of them.

I'm guessing that email is categorized as a "Special Announcement" because it's targeted to a very specific group of people and isn't a general news blast. But it's not so much an announcement as it is a picture. Nonetheless, I hope it's a sign that the band is ready to "lift the veil" on that evening very soon.

Use #U2TheBlackout to promote U2's hot new single, You're The Best Thing About Me!!!1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom