Soe 24 - s - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #61
War Child

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmaxfield View Post
I thought it was clever. Maybe you could dub it over the video for Stuck. Kind of like those bad lip reading guys do.
Thanks (even if you were being sarcastic, even though I dont think you were), I do suffer for my art.

In all seriousness though, I apologise if I played a part in stoking any fires... I honestly forgot the FYM rule.

Speaking of, I'll repost the song there, see if it gets any more traction...

Old 08-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
And yes I think the new Tyler swift song sucks arse! Sadly it's breaking all kind of records on amount of views and downloads! Shows the state of music these days and what people
Consider good music. Sad! I'm glad U2 decided not to release anything on Friday! Would have been pretty hard to compete with TS's song sadly. Ps: I find this song almost but not quite as annoying as Beibers despacito.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #63
New Yorker

Quote:
And yes I think the new Tyler swift song sucks arse! Sadly it's breaking all kind of records on amount of views and downloads! Shows the state of music these days and what people
Consider good music. Sad! I'm glad U2 decided not to release anything on Friday! Would have been pretty hard to compete with TS's song sadly. Ps: I find this song almost but not quite as annoying as Beibers despacito.

I listened to it and I don't think it's as bad as so many people (not just here) are saying. It's just okay but here is the thing....

This is Taylor Swift and the expectation for a first single is very high and it should be a "big" song that even non fans would go "yeah, I get it". This song is similar (oh, boy here I go...) to Boots. Boots isn't a lead single, it's just okay(on a good day) but the expectations are high and U2 didn't come close to meeting them.

I feel Taylor (similar to Katy Perry this year) will suffer the "poor lead single choice" decision.

When it comes to "listening" records, those are going to be broken all the time because it doesn't cost anything to listen. Hell, I listened to it 3x but not a chance in hell I spend money on it. I also listened to Gangnum Style about 10x but that's because that video is GOLD!!! Lol
Old 08-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:59 PM
Quote:
U2 needs to sing in Spanish to keep themselves relevant in 2017 music scene
Old 08-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #65
New Yorker

Soe 24 - s

12 days until the lead single from Songs Of Experience. Seems surreal. I've been looking forward to this album since Bono wrote about it in his letter to fans on the day SOI dropped.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #66
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post

Actually, the last time they sang in Spanish is the last time they had a hit song.

I think you're on to something!
Old 08-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #67
War Child

Local Time: 11:59 PM
my guess:

Blackout next week in some form (U2 subscriber content maybe)

The Best Thing on September 8
Old 08-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #68
War Child

Did the band officially recognize the Blackout letters? (Ruling out that they were hoaxes)
Old 08-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post

Las catorce mejores cosas sobre tu
Old 08-27-2017, 04:08 PM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You're not worth my breath so whatever
Aaahhhhh that's the good stuff.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:59 AM
God I'd rather have some petty political cripple fight than completely random discussion (or shitting on) about the music of an artist who has no connection to U2.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Soe 24 - s

Despite being a full grown man in my mid 30's who lives and breathes rock, I must admit I secretly enjoy some of her songs. I would never even admit that to my wife! But I couldn't even make it through that new song. Just awful. But it does remind me of what the general public probably thought about Boots, especially casual fans. I'm talking the people who bought HTDAAB because they liked Vertigo. Take one listen and think "well, that sucked, not gonna buy that album!"

The first single is more important than a lot of people realize. If the first single flops, the album flops (the exception is The Fly,but that was a different time). Hopefully U2 get it right this time.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Soe 24 - s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
Despite being a full grown, heterosexual man in my mid 30's who lives and breathes rock, I must admit I secretly enjoy some of her songs. I would never even admit that to my wife! But I couldn't even make it through that new song. Just awful. But it does remind me of what the general public probably thought about Boots, especially casual fans. I'm talking the people who bought HTDAAB because they liked Vertigo. Take one listen and think "well, that sucked, not gonna buy that album!"

Sorry, the relationship between being heterosexual and liking/not liking Taylor Swift is....?
Old 08-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Soe 24 - s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Sorry, the relationship between being heterosexual and liking/not liking Taylor Swift is....?

Well, I was just illustrating that I'm very far removed from her typical fan base. But I apologize if that offended anybody, I truly have ZERO prejudice against homosexuals. If anything, I was kind of poking fun at myself being a straight, middle aged, white, midwestern farmboy, and how people think it's funny that I secretly like a few songs by TAY SWAY. Sorry for the insensitivity!
Old 08-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
says the guy who quoted irrelevant posts from four pages back just to whine about them