Soe 24 - s - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #46
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 900
Local Time: 12:50 AM
So, no love at all for the Stuck Trump parody, inspired by Lazarus's song title? Admittedly, I was not rowing with both oars when I came up with that and am not terribly proud of it, but you can actually sing it to the first half of the song. It works...

You guys suck.
__________________

__________________
CMIS is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #47
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,635
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
Please no snowflake stuff.. This is one precious refuge on this planet from that


Now, a moment of silence for beach clips. For the first time since early 2000s, we don't have a beach clip just prior to release


I loved the beach clips but they also were "dangerous".

I say that because we are hearing a recording of a recording usually from a distance of greater than 100 feet with farm animals or some form of water around. This inevitably leads to some people saying "greatest song ever" or " they are done". Then the song comes out and we get "I liked the original beach clip version"(even if nothing changed) or "this is so much better than the beach clip"(even though...). I also am too weak not to listen to them and that makes it anticlimactic when the fresh/clean version comes out.

But as I said, I loved the beach clips too....

I remember hearing Love and Peace or Else in the beach clip and I thought it sounded cool and it turned out to be just as cool as I thought it would be.
__________________

__________________
CosmoKramer is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,164
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You're not worth my breath so whatever
You mad bro?
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,325
Local Time: 07:50 PM
This should be a Trump free zone.

Beach clips generally suck but it never stopped me from listening to them. Can't wait until we hear some news and new tunes.
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,583
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
I loved the beach clips but they also were "dangerous".

I say that because we are hearing a recording of a recording usually from a distance of greater than 100 feet with farm animals or some form of water around. This inevitably leads to some people saying "greatest song ever" or " they are done". Then the song comes out and we get "I liked the original beach clip version"(even if nothing changed) or "this is so much better than the beach clip"(even though...). I also am too weak not to listen to them and that makes it anticlimactic when the fresh/clean version comes out.

But as I said, I loved the beach clips too....

I remember hearing Love and Peace or Else in the beach clip and I thought it sounded cool and it turned out to be just as cool as I thought it would be.
Yeah this pretty much sums it up...
__________________
Registered Dude is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,313
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Or, perhaps it's because you chose a shitty candidate. YOU were conned.



Go for it. The potus is obviously living rent free in your head, which is why you keep posting about him in a new album thread instead of FYM where it belongs. Now who is the snowflake again?
wow, someone's triggered
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 12:55 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,164
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb1075 View Post
This should be a Trump free zone.

Beach clips generally suck but it never stopped me from listening to them. Can't wait until we hear some news and new tunes.
Agreed...it should be a politics free zone....new album thread and all.
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,164
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
wow, someone's triggered
They sure are. I will continue to keep them in my prayers.
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #54
New Yorker
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 2,840
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
wow, someone's triggered
Ladies and gents, let's keep the trump talk/in fighting to the FYM thread, there is a place for everything but this is not the place to talk about trump. Lets all be excited at the fact that in just a few short days we may actually have a new song or get more info!
__________________
dabiggestu2fan is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,164
Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Ladies and gents, let's keep the trump talk/in fighting to the FYM thread, there is a place for everything but this is not the place to talk about trump. Lets all be excited at the fact that in just a few short days we may actually have a new song or get more info!
thank you
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,313
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
thank you
says the guy who quoted irrelevant posts from four pages back just to whine about them
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,587
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
Mayweather won. Edge needs to think about the album....
I think Bono got so traumatized by the result
__________________
Mack_Again is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #58
New Yorker
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 2,840
Local Time: 12:50 AM
anyway, I am still sticking to my prediction that we hear something in the next week! Maybe even tomorrow! It's getting close ladies and gents! In the meantime I'm keeping mysef busy with my eclipse shots! My eclipse animation is taking forever as I have to process each of the 160 photos I took to create my animation! Hopefully before I'm done with all my photos, I'll be listening to atleast a snippet!! Woohoo
__________________
dabiggestu2fan is online now  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #59
War Child
 
ndmaxfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Tampa (physically), New York City (mentally)
Posts: 547
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIS View Post
So, no love at all for the Stuck Trump parody, inspired by Lazarus's song title? Admittedly, I was not rowing with both oars when I came up with that and am not terribly proud of it, but you can actually sing it to the first half of the song. It works...

You guys suck.
I thought it was clever. Maybe you could dub it over the video for Stuck. Kind of like those bad lip reading guys do.
__________________
ndmaxfield is offline  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #60
New Yorker
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 2,840
Local Time: 12:50 AM
And yes I think the new Tyler swift song sucks arse! Sadly it's breaking all kind of records on amount of views and downloads! Shows the state of music these days and what people
Consider good music. Sad! I'm glad U2 decided not to release anything on Friday! Would have been pretty hard to compete with TS's song sadly. Ps: I find this song almost but not quite as annoying as Beibers despacito.
__________________

__________________
dabiggestu2fan is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com