Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was clever. Maybe you could dub it over the video for Stuck. Kind of like those bad lip reading guys do.
Thanks (even if you were being sarcastic, even though I dont think you were), I do suffer for my art.

In all seriousness though, I apologise if I played a part in stoking any fires... I honestly forgot the FYM rule.

Speaking of, I'll repost the song there, see if it gets any more traction...

And yes I think the new Tyler swift song sucks arse! Sadly it's breaking all kind of records on amount of views and downloads! Shows the state of music these days and what people
Consider good music. Sad! I'm glad U2 decided not to release anything on Friday! Would have been pretty hard to compete with TS's song sadly. Ps: I find this song almost but not quite as annoying as Beibers despacito.

:up::up::up::up:

And yes I think the new Tyler swift song sucks arse! Sadly it's breaking all kind of records on amount of views and downloads! Shows the state of music these days and what people
Consider good music. Sad! I'm glad U2 decided not to release anything on Friday! Would have been pretty hard to compete with TS's song sadly. Ps: I find this song almost but not quite as annoying as Beibers despacito.

I listened to it and I don't think it's as bad as so many people (not just here) are saying. It's just okay but here is the thing....

This is Taylor Swift and the expectation for a first single is very high and it should be a "big" song that even non fans would go "yeah, I get it". This song is similar (oh, boy here I go...) to Boots. Boots isn't a lead single, it's just okay(on a good day) but the expectations are high and U2 didn't come close to meeting them.

I feel Taylor (similar to Katy Perry this year) will suffer the "poor lead single choice" decision.

When it comes to "listening" records, those are going to be broken all the time because it doesn't cost anything to listen. Hell, I listened to it 3x but not a chance in hell I spend money on it. I also listened to Gangnum Style about 10x but that's because that video is GOLD!!! Lol

U2 needs to sing in Spanish to keep themselves relevant in 2017 music scene

12 days until the lead single from Songs Of Experience. Seems surreal. I've been looking forward to this album since Bono wrote about it in his letter to fans on the day SOI dropped.

Despite being a full grown man in my mid 30's who lives and breathes rock, I must admit I secretly enjoy some of her songs. I would never even admit that to my wife! But I couldn't even make it through that new song. Just awful. But it does remind me of what the general public probably thought about Boots, especially casual fans. I'm talking the people who bought HTDAAB because they liked Vertigo. Take one listen and think "well, that sucked, not gonna buy that album!"

The first single is more important than a lot of people realize. If the first single flops, the album flops (the exception is The Fly,but that was a different time). Hopefully U2 get it right this time.

Last edited:
Despite being a full grown, heterosexual man in my mid 30's who lives and breathes rock, I must admit I secretly enjoy some of her songs. I would never even admit that to my wife! But I couldn't even make it through that new song. Just awful. But it does remind me of what the general public probably thought about Boots, especially casual fans. I'm talking the people who bought HTDAAB because they liked Vertigo. Take one listen and think "well, that sucked, not gonna buy that album!"

Sorry, the relationship between being heterosexual and liking/not liking Taylor Swift is....?

Sorry, the relationship between being heterosexual and liking/not liking Taylor Swift is....?

Well, I was just illustrating that I'm very far removed from her typical fan base. But I apologize if that offended anybody, I truly have ZERO prejudice against homosexuals. If anything, I was kind of poking fun at myself being a straight, middle aged, white, midwestern farmboy, and how people think it's funny that I secretly like a few songs by TAY SWAY. Sorry for the insensitivity!

Last edited:
Well I also like a couple of her songs, but just not my kina music. And this song (to me atleast) is horrible. But the point I was trying to make in my original post is that her song still got a a ton of attention and even though her music is not at all related in any way to that of U2, Friday would have still been a bad day for U2 to release anything with her song getting most of the spotlight. My other point was that it is sad the type of music that makes it big these days. Most of these artists are sugar coated crap tbh with not much substance to the music they release. This is why I cherish the fact that U2 and other bands are still releasing some decent songs even if they are way far past their prime. When I listen to radio, today's pop music is mostly crap. But maybe I'm old and I just don't have an open mind to the music kids like today! I am sure today's kids will think the next generation of music is crap too and so on.

IMG_7687.JPG

So I've been in the hospital for three weeks after a stomach surgery and just got back to my apartment today...checked my mail and look what I find...

View attachment 11423

So I've been in the hospital for three weeks after a stomach surgery and just got back to my apartment today...checked my mail and look what I find...
Cool eh? These just started arriving in mail boxes these last couple days. Fueling speculation we're about to get something new this week!

Hope you're feeling better.. Take it easy

I'm alright, surgery went okay, recovery took a long time because I've had so many abdominal surgeries before (this was my 6th since December 2014, 2nd this year, and I'm only 22...), it took forever for my intestines to wake up, I needed to be able to eat and drink without throwing up before they could discharge me, I'm mostly alright now but still recovering

Last edited:
Bought this magazine last month, U2 The Complete Story, and currently reading an article on the ZOOTV era. See the reference to their next album, Songs of Innocence and Experience. Article was written in 1992. Hmmm, didn't think this concept has been around that long. :). IMG_2300.JPG

I'm alright, surgery went okay, recovery took a long time because I've had so many abdominal surgeries before (this was my 6th since December 2014, 2nd this year, and I'm only 22...), it took forever for my intestines to wake up, I needed to be able to eat and drink without throwing up before they could discharge me, I'm mostly alright now but still recovering

Good lord, take care man.

Yikes man, hope you'll fully recover.

Bought this magazine last month, U2 The Complete Story, and currently reading an article on the ZOOTV era. See the reference to their next album, Songs of Innocence and Experience. Article was written in 1992. Hmmm, didn't think this concept has been around that long. :). View attachment 11424

didn't David Axelrod have 2 albums named Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom