Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times do we have to say this? Registered Dude is a longtime user whose source has proven right on numerous occasions. And he was told to expect something in the next day or two. We're not pulling this out of our asses by overoptimistic speculation or from some suspicious source.

That makes sense. FYI this is my second time asking and this is the first time RD was cited as the source (did not see previous "day or two" post).

I will now happily proceed with the hyped parade :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeah my advice is to not go into tomorrow expecting new music, but if it happens, that's a bonus.

The only thing I expect tomorrow (if tomorrow is a thing) is the start of official cryptic teasing from U2... changing the website/social media teases, maybe snippets/video teasers, that kind of stuff.

I don't expect they just hit us with a song out of the blue. We'll know when it's going to be released.

Agreed.

80% of me is saying that there's no chance in hell they're actually releasing something tomorrow (just an announcement) but the other 20% is reminding me that i was saying the exact same thing the day before the apple event three years ago.

I think U2.com crashes, creating what appears to be a marketing ploy for Blackout when in reality their website just sucks

I would be more convinced by those letters if they were shown with the ripped-open envelope displaying a return address and stamped. Plus, if they were real, wtf! I want one too! I'll be pissed if they are real and I didn't get one!

Do you want me to post my ripped open envelope with the postmark? I still have the envelope

Ya know what? I think you're right. I think they're fake. It makes much more sense that some prankster happened to have a bunch of emails of U2 fans, and that this prankster was also adept at Photoshop.

Maybe it was the Russians.

He got me. I am fake news. Sorry everyone

Which asshole even does that?!

I doubt it.

I met Joyce the night after the Blackout film shoot. She's legit. The tweet thread is legit.

I have no idea. According to that map on U2songs(?), a total of 30 letters were sent.

Er, no, that's the amount of people who got letters and reported their location so that U2songs could map it. You think even the majority of people do that? Of course not. It's a self-selecting sample.

See you next Tuesday,
or if you believe U2Valencia's photoshopped troll job:

See you this Tuesday

oh and new music is now typically released on Friday

:lol: I can't believe anybody is falling for this. The letter's off a standard printer. There's nothing under the blacked out portion to read. There would've been once, but not on the copies anybody got. For U2Valencia to pretend there's a readable date hidden under there is just silly.

If I'd been wrong about as many rumours as U2Valencia have been, I'd fucking shut my site in shame.

How many times do we have to say this? Registered Dude is a longtime user whose source has proven right on numerous occasions. And he was told to expect something in the next day or two. We're not pulling this out of our asses by overoptimistic speculation or from some suspicious source.

Yep, RD has come through with the goods on numerous occasions. Anything he posts, or that U2Songs posts, I consider as reliable as a rumour is going to get.

I don't doubt they can create a database of fan emails (and use it). I doubt why they would selectively target 150 people to help promote something to the entire world. And exclude a majority of their own paid subscribers in the process.

This doesn't make sense. Of course that email would only go to people who attended the Blackout film shoot because it's fucking asking them to try spotting themselves in the audience. It would make no sense to go to anybody except those ~150 people. And, since they're massive fans, of course U2.com knows some of them will screengrab it and put it on social media.

I know we're all pessimistic and think 2018 it is, and I'm one of the most pessimistic of all of us, but some of these attempts to claim the letter and email are fake are plain daft.

I met Joyce the night after the Blackout film shoot. She's legit. The tweet thread is legit.

Okay, plot twist. Surprise.

I was there. :lol: And yes I met you, also this last tour once in Berlin. when you joined Galeongirl.

Who would've thought! Also , can confirm. My thread is legit.

Okay, plot twist.

I was there. :lol: And yes I met you, also this last tour once in Berlin. when you joined Galeongirl.

Would've wouldv'e thought!

I should look at screen names more when I bulk-reply huh.

I wouldn't really expect you to know my screenname on here TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom