SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only hope.

Otherwise, Edge is going to play the songs on his acoustic, decide that if the songs aren't good enough to play on acoustic guitar, then they're not good songs.

Band has to go back into the studio to fix this problem.

2018 it is

Must be time to break out that jump to conclusions map again. Holy shit people it's just a picture of an acoustic guitar. They could just be recording one acoustic track and that's it.

Must be time to break out that jump to conclusions map again. Holy shit people it's just a picture of an acoustic guitar. They could just be recording one acoustic track and that's it.
I doubt they are recording anything,look like they are posing to me. To what end,I don't know.

This would be a major shocker. I'm assuming you don't mean longer than Rattle & Hum, which is 72 minutes. You'd have close to a double CD at that point and certainly it would be a double album in traditional terms like R&H was.

Other than that the longest is Pop at 1 hour. And even them going beyond that would fly in the face of their over-cautious, pessimistic attitude towards listeners.

I would welcome it gladly if true.

Should have clarified - the most new, studio cut tracks on a new album.

Psssht. What would Julian Lennon know about strong vocals and album cohesion?!?

Oh wait....

(This was sarcasm. Please don't kill me.)

After what "little hands trump" said today(I INTENTIONALLY LEFT TRUMP LOWERCASE AND AM SHOUTING!!!) I hope U2 make the most politically hard and heard album they can at this point in their career. I'm ashamed to to be associated with this man. Not ashamed to be an American but ashamed he comes from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Fanning's first review

You’re The Best Thing About Me
Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer.

The Little Things That Give You Away
Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic.

Much More Better
Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014.

The Showman
Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: “The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.”

Summer of Love
U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as “achingly beautiful and empty”. I agree.

Dave Fanning's first review

You’re The Best Thing About Me
Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer.

The Little Things That Give You Away
Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic.

Much More Better
Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014.

The Showman
Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: “The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.”

Summer of Love
U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as “achingly beautiful and empty”. I agree.

Shit, does this mean the press embargo has been lifted? We may be about to get a lot of these previews! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom