SOE 23 - Return of the Trolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty And The Bastard.

tumblr_nykt19jTk61tm81zho1_1280.png

I think it's safe to say it won't be in color. They already screwed the pooch when they went with a somber b&w image for the Best of 1990-2000, completely misrepresenting that decade. So why do it now?

It seems like a petty thing to nitpick about but their monochrome obsession this past 15+ years just makes me really frustrated, along with everything else.

love the ATYCLB art, but yeah, I'm totally with you. Atomic Bomb was ok too, but man, they could use some color.

Atomic Bomb was ok??

That pose was absolutely terrible. Let's just sit down because...we're old.

Atyclb was a great cover , bomb was shit, nloth was alright, Soi was a total embarrassment the worst cover the bands ever done!

The font/red bars for Bomb were great the way it carried through everything. But the photo sucks.

Well that's the design. The design was good. I didn't mind the font or the "web address" way it was written out.

But Corbijn and the band should have their heads examined for picking that photo.

The video camera photos inside the booklet was crap, too.

I really liked the special edition book, however.

Atomic Bomb was ok??

That pose was absolutely terrible. Let's just sit down because...we're old.

oh, no, not the album cover. that sucked. but the general artwork for the era. i didn't mind the red slashes and all that.

I just stared at that picture for a full minute, wondering what they were thinking.

Anyone find it bizare that u2 are doing another leg in north america again next month... I mean that is now Songs of innocence leg, now two seperate joshua tree legs.

There must be some other reason they are going back to do another joshua tree leg in north america.and surely i guess its to help promote a single. Will they have enough time inbetween shows in the us to do tv apperances though??

Is it just me or nothing much is making much sense.

Anyone find it bizare that u2 are doing another leg in north america again next month... I mean that is now Songs of innocence leg, now two seperate joshua tree legs.

There must be some other reason they are going back to do another joshua tree leg in north america.and surely i guess its to help promote a single. Will they have enough time inbetween shows in the us to do tv apperances though??

Is it just me or nothing much is making much sense.

It really doesn't make sense against the number of European dates. They really underplayed Europe, which suggests they will return very soon with Experience dates. Problem is that they'll have met so much North American demand that it would be tricky to do Experience legs there before 2019. The two NA legs together make for a very extensive North American tour (30 stadium dates is a lot), while Europe was rather tiny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom