SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Yeah hopefully a new song.

Details about location to follow, don't know.
Don't know how many people.
Got confirmation email from U2.com last night.

Will post a report tomorrow night.

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Thanks! Yeah hopefully a new song.

Details about location to follow, don't know.
Don't know how many people.
Got confirmation email from U2.com last night.

Will post a report tomorrow night.

Very cool!

Sounds like something similar to Invisible and I want to say the fans who were part of that were not allowed to say anything about it, so if you can't then no worries.

Hope it's a new song and then the band say fuck it and make a listening session out of it and you hear the whole album ;)

Very cool!

Sounds like something similar to Invisible and I want to say the fans who were part of that were not allowed to say anything about it, so if you can't then no worries.

Hope it's a new song and then the band say fuck it and make a listening session out of it and you hear the whole album ;)

Yeah that was my thinking. Sounds almost exactly like the Invisible video shoot.

I can confirm 100% that another industry/press listening party is scheduled around Amsterdam show, and that there's a bit of extra buzz around this one, for reasons I'm not privy to.

something's up! could be big, could be small

I can confirm 100% that another industry/press listening party is scheduled around Amsterdam show, and that there's a bit of extra buzz around this one, for reasons I'm not privy to.

Nice!!!

I wonder if this is the last listening party or something. And maybe a video shoot then. It would be cool if they just randomly picked a group to preview the album, but not sure why they'd need a filming crew for that.

giphy.gif

Just a thought. U2's single may line up with Apple's iphone 8 announcement!!

I kid, i kid... :wink: Just waiting to hear heads explode. hahahahahahahahaha

Just a thought. U2's single may line up with Apple's iphone 8 announcement!!

I kid, i kid... :wink: Just waiting to hear heads explode. hahahahahahahahaha

Tuesday Sept 5th is most likely the day of the announcement.

Rumor has it that the new album will just start playing on all AirPods at the same time.

I'm excited. I've been on a little U2 kick lately, which is always nice to return to. watched that Zane Lowe interview on YouTube last night, and then watched some random videos.

Yay, U2.

Someone sneak a recording on their phone please. I don't care if you put your career on the line...just kidding. No but really.

I'm wondering when the embargo will be lifted on all these secretive press listening sessions. Will they come out in August, in the lead up to the single, or in September after the single/album is announced?

I think the latter is more likely. There will probably be a dam burst of promotion (including previews/descriptions) once SoE is officially announced (assuming all goes to plan).

do we know how these listening parties are actually going?

like, are they getting positive feedback? constructive feedback? negative feedback?

Honestly this is fairly ordinary, not really that "secretive" or bizarre. It's actually kinda old school, the number of these parties seems to be a bit much, but since they're on tour I guess they thought 'what the hell'?!

Great to hear more rumblings from RD, and I'm sure we should get a few interesting details based on the video shoot tomorrow!

Also went back and watched the video for Edge's signature Strat and got super excited for SOE all over again... those riffs at the end of the video were sweet.

Back
Top Bottom