SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also LOL at two people from the forum being at a music video shoot but the other guy from the forum not being legit in regards to Chris Evans. That's the shit I'm talking about. You only hear what you want to hear. Year after year.

First of all, I don't know what you're talking about, I've never harassed anyone because they came in with news of a delay. You have me confused with someone else.

Secondly, let's apply some logic, I know that's frowned upon in this post fact world but humor me:

Posters who have posted in here for years and never tried to spread lies come in and back up other accounts of the event, vs someone who just tried to spread another lie just the week before, telling a story that makes absolutely no sense.

You tell me, who's hearing what they want to hear?

Last edited:
guy comes in and tells a story about how it's actually rattle & hum being released this year and not SOE, a story which completely flies in the face of all the hard evidence that the promos being done are all for SOE. story is dismissed out of hand within a couple hours.

and then only 2 or 3 days later the same guy comes in and tells a WAY MORE BELIEVABLE story about how he just so happened to be delivering something mysterious to the most famous person who works for the BBC, and just so happened to ask him an unprompted question about u2's new album on a whim, and the most famous person who works for the BBC then casually gave a response *to a random deliveryperson he doesn't know at all* that also flies completely in the face of all the evidence that things are happening this year. despite contradicting himself more than once in the follow up posts, and despite absolutely no one else on earth - including anyone actually associated with the band - supporting this delay rumour, people rush to "give him the benefit of the doubt" and stand in defense of him against those who question this highly specious story.

this fucking place sometimes :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"I talked to Bono yesterday and despite recent actions and statements by the band, they have had a change of heart and decided to wait and release SoE next year" would be a completely fair and credible take. I'd still take it with a grain of salt, but I would factor it in to my expectations.

By contrast, "the band decided to tour the Joshua Tree because they're unhappy with SoE" is news from 7 or 8 months ago. Outdated. Not a credible reflection of the band's thinking at this point in time, given the video shoots, statements by Bono on stage, etc.

guy comes in and tells a story about how it's actually rattle & hum being released this year and not SOE, a story which completely flies in the face of all the hard evidence that the promos being done are all for SOE. story is dismissed out of hand within a couple hours.

and then only 2 or 3 days later the same guy comes in and tells a WAY MORE BELIEVABLE story about how he just so happened to be delivering something mysterious to the most famous person who works for the BBC, and just so happened to ask him an unprompted question about u2's new album on a whim, and the most famous person who works for the BBC then casually gave a response *to a random deliveryperson he doesn't know at all* that also flies completely in the face of all the evidence that things are happening this year. despite contradicting himself more than once in the follow up posts, and despite absolutely no one else on earth - including anyone actually associated with the band - supporting this delay rumour, people rush to "give him the benefit of the doubt" and stand in defense of him against those who question this highly specious story.

Yeah, this whole fiasco is clear and utter rubbish. Like, the future actions of this band are best viewed with pessimism, but come on guys.

First of all, I don't know what you're talking about, I've never harassed anyone because they came in with news of a delay. You have me confused with someone else.

Secondly, let's apply some logic, I know that's frowned upon in this post fact world but humor me:

Posters who have posted in here for years and never tried to spread lies come in and back up other accounts of the event, vs someone who just tried to spread another lie just the week before, telling a story that makes absolutely no sense.

You tell me, who's hearing what they want to hear?

So. Much. This.

This time always brings out the fucking crazies, but just wait Rasta hasn't peeked in yet. There's more to come.

You're the leader of crazies, man. I come in here hoping for news about the band once every couple months and it's always the same thing. You're here in this forum, posting every 10 minutes, being a complete dick to whoever tries to give us any news. I saw the same behavior with you when the album was definitely coming out in 2015, then 2016. So glad you're the definitive source on what U2 is doing every year. And you only happen to be right when they eventually do put out an album.

Hope you're right this year.

You're the leader of crazies, man. I come in here hoping for news about the band once every couple months and it's always the same thing. You're here in this forum, posting every 10 minutes, being a complete dick to whoever tries to give us any news. I saw the same behavior with you when the album was definitely coming out in 2015, then 2016. So glad you're the definitive source on what U2 is doing every year. And you only happen to be right when they eventually do put out an album.

Hope you're right this year.

Did you see me be a dick to anyone giving legitimate news?

This has to be the most bizarre hill to die on :crazy:

Last edited:
Also LOL at two people from the forum being at a music video shoot but the other guy from the forum not being legit in regards to Chris Evans. That's the shit I'm talking about. You only hear what you want to hear. Year after year.

Ok...I don't have a dog in this fight, but c'mon.

It wasn't just two people reporting on a video shoot. The shoot happened. For real. And it was more than just a rumor supported by two people.

Context as well...same Chris Evans courier told us Rattle & Hum is being done up for a big anniversary release with not a single word about it out there in any form of existence.

You clearly have your wounds from prior Interference wars, but this particular quoted comment is pretty absurd.

I'm involved in many a forum across the World Wide Web but this has to be the one that surprises me the most.

Obviously you do get trolls in every forum but in a forum where the core subject is band in their 41st year together, there appear to be more children on here than adults.

For the record i am a courier working in the ascot area, a very rich area full of so called 'celebrities' I deliver to Chris multiple times per week, he is never usually there as he's doing his radio show in the morning.

Also I have mentioned in a previous post that my comment regarding Rattle and Hum was off the cuff and made at a time where there were many throwaway comments. The Rattle and Hum comment was a joke and I thought I made that pretty clear.

Whatever Chris told me does not call for some of the responses I've seen on here from childish individuals who probably haven't got anything better to do other than troll on a U2 forum.

Like I said, it was a no lose situation I was in, I asked the guy a simple question and he had the decency to give me an answer, I decided to share it with the forum. Clearly people are more desperate for the albums release that I thought [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom