SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one thing about beachclips is I hate how they lose their nerve once the album comes out and they remove all the experimental parts like birds chirping and dogs barking.

They left the birds in Unknown Caller.

Ruud de Wild was indeed invited to the listening session with Bono, Edge and Adam present. Only thing he said that what he heard was the best he ever heard from them. (and he is a known fan)

And there it is folks. The "best I've ever heard" hype begins.

And there it is folks. The "best I've ever heard" hype begins.

Yeah. Didn't we even hear something similar from Eno before No Line came out? Of course, this is probably before they fucked it up so bad.

Just because someone is a longtime fan doesn't mean they're operating with any kind of rational thinking. When you're invited to hear something like that 4-5 months before it's going to hit the streets, all kinds of excitement bias is going to creep in.

Songs of Ass (Scent)
thatsthejoke.jpg

I got another little tidbit, a famous DJ/artist here, Ruud De Wild, just said in his own radio show that he was invited to a listening party this weekend by the band. They played him the whole album, so it's actually finished already! More info might be available tonight as he's going to a talkshow later or so.
Was this talkshow aired already?

Ruud de Wild was indeed invited to the listening session with Bono, Edge and Adam present. Only thing he said that what he heard was the best he ever heard from them. (and he is a known fan)

I'll take this guy at his word. But i would imagine that if Bono invites you to a listening party before an album comes out and the songs are blasted at 11, Bono is lip syncing to himself and playing air guitar, that it would be really hard to say to Bono or the press, "Nah, i wasn't really feeling it".:shifty:

He said that the Morrocan elements sounded tacked on and didn't work. He didn't disavow the sessions as a whole be he wasn't happy with that aspect of it.

Correct, he came out and said the sessions just didn't work or turn out as they hoped. So it wasn't the band saying nah let's go modern, it was the same issue with HTDAAB. The original idea didn't workout so they were left with no real direction again. So they glossed everything up.

Back
Top Bottom