SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the album is coming out this year. there's been too much noise. too many listening parties. it's not a one-off.

I guess the actual song that was filmed was 3rd hand info. He sang The Best Thing to his friend who works at the venue and his friend said that it's not the song.

https://twitter.com/u2_se/status/891015488423292930

This tweet says multiple songs were performed and a security guard claimed it wasn't "The Best Thing" after the fan sang it to him... So who really knows..

Based on previous shoots I'm guessing it'll be over around 11pm local time so we should hear something more substantial in a few hours at most.

Latest intel suggests that there was actually a video shoot, and then afterwards there was also a miniconcert. Songs unknown.

I guess the actual song that was filmed was 3rd hand info. He sang The Best Thing to his friend who works at the venue and his friend said that it's not the song.

maybe he's a really crap singer :D

The audience might be under non disclosure agreements so may not be able to say much about what they saw/ heard

Either way this and all the other things going on points to a new album this year. Willie Williams has also talked about new album this year and tour next year, hell even Larry agreed that it would be coming out this year

they flashed up what I assume is the cover of the new album at the end of the Dublin show

Guess I'd better start saving for ticket buying around December

The audience might be under non disclosure agreements so may not be able to say much about what they saw/ heard

Either way this and all the other things going on points to a new album this year. Willie Williams has also talked about new album this year and tour next year, hell even Larry agreed that it would be coming out this year

they flashed up what I assume is the cover of the new album at the end of the Dublin show

Yep. They certainly did as I've seen a couple tweets that said they signed something.

Looks like TBT was played. Along with two others

From Valencia

#U2 has released up to 3 new songs in the secret concert of #Amsterdam between them #thebestthing next new single from #songsofexperience

I wouldn't be surprised if they played I Will Follow along with the new song(s). Especially given the intimate setting and the shape of the venue. "Your eyes make a circle..."

well, only a month and change to go. it seems like this is definitely a Thing That Is Happening (TM).

I'm very happy that this at least turned out to be a shoot for a new song(s). Seems all is on track for an early fall announcement. Time to get excited again :hyper:

Supposedly a track called "The Lights Go Out" was performed 5-6 times in addition to another song (most likely Best Thing).

Found this clip of Bono meeting fans outside the hotel a few minutes and he either seems hoarse or is being protective of his voice for the weekend shows: https://twitter.com/Twann0/status/891042372758458369

Wonder if we'll hear anything (songs or teases) at the Amsterdam shows? :hmm:

Can anyone translate what's being said in this video?

https://twitter.com/U2Valencia/status/891048452150448130
"Bono threw himself in the crowd"
"It was hot as hell inside, we were drenched in sweat"
"They were doing a music video for the next single...no, it's not The Best Thing, it's another one - When the Lights Go Out"
"It was really lovely"
"Once filming finished, they played a recording of another song for the crowd, so in the end we heard 2 new songs"

Supposedly a track called "The Lights Go Out" was performed 5-6 times in addition to another song (most likely Best Thing).

Found this clip of Bono meeting fans outside the hotel a few minutes and he either seems hoarse or is being protective of his voice for the weekend shows: https://twitter.com/Twann0/status/891042372758458369

Wonder if we'll hear anything (songs or teases) at the Amsterdam shows? :hmm:

That security guard from the hotel wasn't letting the bloke on the bike past was he :) shoved him off his bike.

Thank you for translating!! I honestly can't believe they signed an NDA yet are discussing it immediately after. On film. Right outside the venue. lol Crazy!! Hope they don't get in trouble for this.

I'm curious as all hell what it'll sound like. Saw someone on Twitter call it "very powerful" and "amazing." Hoping it means they're not taking the lead single "rawk" route again.

Back
Top Bottom