SOE 22 - 2018 it is... (it isn't)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how long
to leak a song
how long
to leak a song

how long
how long
how loooong
how long
to leak a song

What also annoys me is that the band doesn't employ some of the gimmicks that actually work and so many artists use.
Jay-Z was the latest big one. He pretty much did what U2 should have done with Apple.
Samsung or Sprint, or whoever he was working with "bought" a boatload of albums (on paper) from him, and then allowed users to log in and download it for free with a code word, for a very limited time.
Because of the shell "buying" of the album, these were counted as downloaded albums.

So if U2 had Apple "buy" the copies of SOI, then had a link sent out to all iphones to go and enter a code and download it, SOI would have had tens of millions of album sales.
But no. They are U2 after all...

Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Could be a video shoot for The Best Thing as U2 Valencia tweeted with the hashtag #TheBestThing

What also annoys me is that the band doesn't employ some of the gimmicks that actually work and so many artists use.
Jay-Z was the latest big one. He pretty much did what U2 should have done with Apple.
Samsung or Sprint, or whoever he was working with "bought" a boatload of albums (on paper) from him, and then allowed users to log in and download it for free with a code word, for a very limited time.
Because of the shell "buying" of the album, these were counted as downloaded albums.

So if U2 had Apple "buy" the copies of SOI, then had a link sent out to all iphones to go and enter a code and download it, SOI would have had tens of millions of album sales.
But no. They are U2 after all...

Let's not forget the absolute HATE for Bono. It's so strong that it doesn't matter if you're liberal, conservative, or whatever label you associate with. People hate this man.

Their music won't stand a chance because of it.

Bono from a few minutes ago..
DF1fI77XYAEK8JP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/timveer/status/890971761780633600

He clearly spent some time in hair & makeup today. But looks like those damn glasses are staying with him through the next promo period :down:

According to tweets, they are filming at the Gashouder in Amsterdam's Westergasfabriek. Searched for some pics and got this:

536173231_f7a65a36cb_z.jpg

Quite spacious for only 40 contest winners.

Bono from a few minutes ago..
DF1fI77XYAEK8JP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/timveer/status/890971761780633600

He clearly spent some time in hair & makeup today. But looks like those damn glasses are staying with him through the next promo period :down:

Jesus Christ. It's like Donald Trump. No one around him to give him the hard honest truth! lol. Seriously. The worst glasses ever. I liked the aviators from SOI period. Age appropriate and badass.

According to tweets, they are filming at the Gashouder in Amsterdam's Westergasfabriek. Searched for some pics and got this:

536173231_f7a65a36cb_z.jpg

Quite spacious for only 40 contest winners.

Maybe the 40 contest winners will join a larger group of extras?

Let's not forget the absolute HATE for Bono. It's so strong that it doesn't matter if you're liberal, conservative, or whatever label you associate with. People hate this man.

Their music won't stand a chance because of it.
Meh... The hate is overrated.

It's certainly the #1 thing people dislike about U2, but more people like Bono then you think. He's not this universally hated figure like people sometimes portray him as.

Just went and listened to the Kygo remix of TBT.

I think it's pretty easy to hear what the more straight-forward rock version will sound like. And I still hold out some hope for this one. I think if it gets a chance out there in the public domain, its sort of got an irresistible catchiness that could make it a moderately popular song.

I think the light "bounciness" in the chorus that is there because of the Kygo synth and beats will be improved on the regular version.
There is a part of me that likes the skittering vocal part (holding you, ah, oh, oh, ah, you, holding, you, etc..) is actually kinda cool. That i'm assuming will be gone, so I am holding my breath for what the real version will be like.
Really hoping to get some clarity on that later today!!

I just remembered that in 2015, the band did a SoE album art photo shoot near Amsterdam.

Now they're shooting a music video there... they must like the place!

Just went and listened to the Kygo remix of TBT.

I think it's pretty easy to hear what the more straight-forward rock version will sound like. And I still hold out some hope for this one. I think if it gets a chance out there in the public domain, its sort of got an irresistible catchiness that could make it a moderately popular song.

I think the light "bounciness" in the chorus that is there because of the Kygo synth and beats will be improved on the regular version.
There is a part of me that likes the skittering vocal part (holding you, ah, oh, oh, ah, you, holding, you, etc..) is actually kinda cool. That i'm assuming will be gone, so I am holding my breath for what the real version will be like.
Really hoping to get some clarity on that later today!!

yeah that vocal you refer to is pretty much a Kygo hallmark.

yeah that vocal you refer to is pretty much a Kygo hallmark.

I kinda like that part, but definitely dance-mixy sounding, which in the end i hope will not appear on the proper version.
That's the one part of the song I can't get my head around of how it will sound un-mixed...

I bet that for TBT they are reaching for that Nile Rogers /Get Lucky vibe

Yeah, with a bit more substance i guess.
Sometimes all it takes is a catchy chorus and getting it out in front of enough people to catch on.
While I'm hoping it's not the best song on the album. Would love to see them get a little radio play again.
One can dream...

Meh... The hate is overrated.

It's certainly the #1 thing people dislike about U2, but more people like Bono then you think. He's not this universally hated figure like people sometimes portray him as.

Agree.

You usually find with a lot of things in life that when a great deal of people hate then, just as much or more love them(being reasonable of course because a shit stain like Hitler is the exception).

Yankees/Cowboys/Duke Basketball/Norte Dame Football- in their respective sports those are some of the most hated teams but also the most loved and known.

I always said that the worst thing for U2 or anything seeking relevance for that matter is indifference. Hate means you are impacting people and known to them and relevant enough to them to evoke an emotion. Same thing with love. Indifference however, that's when you no longer matter.

Ask people where he rank The Edge as a guitar player and you will have a ton of positive and negative responses.

Ask people where they rank Dik Evans as a guitar player and while Ax might put him too 10 :) no one else will have an opinion.

I bet that for TBT they are reaching for that Nile Rogers /Get Lucky vibe

I'd say two good examples of alternative bands that have released alt/pop, catchy songs are The Killers and Weezer. Both of which have been better received than anything they've done for years.

daaaaaaaaamn. It's quiet up in here...:|:ohmy:

anyone wanna help my lazy ass and tell me when the video shoot was to begin and possibly wrap up in EST time?

I'm not sure, but it's after 9 PM there right now. Thought we would have gotten even the slightest info so far.

Back
Top Bottom