SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few too many people getting their hopes up that the tour will start in Aus/NZ.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

A few too many people getting their hopes up that the tour will start in Aus/NZ.

It's possible, but I wouldn't say it's likely.

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm from England so I don't care if they go to oz or not. Sorry Aussies that's for all those beatings you given us in the ashes :) (not now though)I'm all for a European spring start :)

Last edited:
I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm from England so I don't care if they go to oz or not. Sorry Aussies that's for all those beatings you given us in the ashes :) (not now though)I'm all for a European spring start :)

As an American, I will be pissed off if they announce ANOTHER US leg before they play Australia/NZ/etc. They have throughly toured the US 3 times since their last visit to Australia. I know touring the US is where the big money's at, but come on! Seems strange that they would not take this JT Tour down under after the South American leg. 7 years since their last Aussie tour, plus the fact that it's the JT, should make for stellar attendance. Plus the whole Greg Carroll connection to the album would make the NZ shows extra special, etc. Seems like a winner.

The only reason I can think of for why they aren't touring the JT in Australia is because they plan to take the Innocence & Experience Tour there, and want to play several nights in each city. I'm pretty indifferent on the whole arena vs stadium debate, but it does seem like arenas get more setlist variation. Doing 4-6 arena shows in Melbourne would definitely cause them to dig a little deeper than if they just did 2 nights at the stadium.

Whenever I open the where the album has a name page in the app I'm greeted by a still from one horrible, droll sitcom with a gif from another horrible sitcom playing on repeat underneath it. I hope someone links some more agreeable content soon.

Whenever I open the where the album has a name page in the app I'm greeted by a still from one horrible, droll sitcom with a gif from another horrible sitcom playing on repeat underneath it. I hope someone links some more agreeable content soon.

Big Bang Theory is a pretty funny show.

White As Snow, based on my last listen some years ago, is a decent track.

WAS is IMO a definite highlight of NLOTH and specially Bono delivered a great vocal performance on that song.
In fact, I would also mention this in regards to TIWYCRMN.

How many arena shows did they play in Aus/NZ?

And according to the Adam Interview, i+e Tour will resume indoor

Last time they played arenas in Australia was LoveTown

Perth 3
Sydney 8
Brisbane 3
Melbourne 7
Adelaide 3

I could see a similar number of shows if they did arenas again. Except maybe 6 in Sydney and Melbourne. Its worth noting they spent 21 Sep to 19 Nov touring Aus and NZ during LT, not sure they would want to do that again.

Last edited:
And according to the Adam Interview, i+e Tour will resume indoor
Just about all of those September JT30 shows in the US are indoors.

(for non-US folks who aren't familiar with those stadiums:
indoors - Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, St Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix
outdoor - Buffalo, Kansas City, San Diego)

Just about all of those September JT30 shows in the US are indoors.

(for non-US folks who aren't familiar with those stadiums:
indoors - Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, St Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix
outdoor - Buffalo, Kansas City, San Diego)

Yeah .. I know ... but I was referring to Aus/NZ .. and I just doubt that U2 will play in arenas in these markets. Just my opinion.

As it's still just my opinion that we'll get SOE this year

You can turn off those image previews in the app settings.

So it appears that the band is flying in and out of NYC while on this east coast swing. Could be just because they all have places in NYC, although the hotel Bono posted a picture from last night on Instagram is a short jump away from Electric Lady Studios. Just sayin'

They've started recording again. SOE 2019.

In all seriousness, great news. Listening to final mixes, prepping a release, last minute tweaking. New single in less than two weeks.

2018 it is.

I tend to agree. I'm probably 75% leaning towards an early 2018 release. That December 1st rumor is the only reason I'm not completely in the 2018 camp, along with Registered Dude's info. However, as we've seen before, things can change very quickly with this band. I just feel like they're going to sit on it until this JT Tour is done, and then fine tune it a little more after the tour ends, up until Christmas, just to make sure they're happy with it. Then 1st single in January, album in March, 2018 is going to be our year, etc.

The month between the Europe leg and the 2nd North American leg will be vacation time, and next to no work will be done during that time.

I'm still holding out for this year , but if we get nothing in between the US and UK legs in July, than its prolly looking more 2018. If we get nothing in September or October than its def looking 2018.

I figured with the extension of the Joshua Tree tour, Songs Of Experience probably would not be out until late 2018. I still think there is a desire to release a new album near Christmas to generate more album sales. Plus with the Joshua Tree tour extension, they may want to take 2018 off from the road. Then be fresh in ready to head out in 2019 for over 100 dates or so. But who knows, we'll see.

I still think there is a desire to release a new album near Christmas to generate more album sales.

Well, having previous albums be released in March and April show that's not necessarily the case in this day and age (along with other factors like streaming and digital sales maybe taking a bigger slice of the pie).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom