SOE 21 - It comes down to this... - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,244
Local Time: 12:56 AM
SOI is my least favorite 2000s album. Every Breaking Wave and Cedarwood Road are amazing, and RBW was great live, but other than that I haven't gone back to it. I haven't listened to California, Iris, Volcano, Sleep, or Reach in probably six months. So I have to believe I'll like SOE more. I really like what we've heard of TBT and Little Things, so I'm very optimistic.
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,759
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
Yeah, this still doesn't rule out a November leg in Australia.

The only issue would be that people would have just spent a lot of money on McCartney tickets and it might dent sales for U2 a bit, especially since folks would need to buy those U2 tickets sooner.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, this might explain why a JT30 November leg hasn't been announced yet. There may have been contract-signing reasons that forced the promoters and venues to announce the McCartney gigs first, so U2 have to wait until his have gone on sale. First-signed first-sold or something like that.

On the other other hand, maybe McCartney was trying to decide whether to tour Australia or not, and 4 little birdies told him that U2 would not be touring Autralia, so he decided to jump at the opportunity.
Or maybe it's because, like Bono said, there won't be an Australian/New Zealand JT30 leg.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,455
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Or maybe it's because, like Bono said, there won't be an Australian/New Zealand JT30 leg.


Bono also said there wouldn't be anymore JT shows after Brussels. Since then they have added 18 shows. He don't know shit!!
__________________
The_acrobat is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #94
War Child
 
TheGeekyU2Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Universal Studios Hollywood JURASSIC PARK
Posts: 698
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
Bono also said there wouldn't be anymore JT shows after Brussels. Since then they have added 18 shows. He don't know shit!!
We all know that Bono lies.
__________________
TheGeekyU2Fan is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #95
War Child
 
TinKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 725
Local Time: 09:56 PM
I can't believe people don't like Iris.
__________________
TinKnight is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #96
Refugee
 
Gonna Run 2 U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,490
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
I can't believe people don't like Iris.


Let's show these people to the door
__________________
Gonna Run 2 U is online now  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,578
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Count me among those who skip Iris.. by no means do I hate the song. In fact, I really like the verses..but the chorus falls flat to my ears..

I love Boots.

to each their own, right?
__________________
Registered Dude is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #98
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,759
Local Time: 01:56 AM
I prefer the live version of Iris to the album version.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #99
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 150,757
Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Or maybe it's because, like Bono said, there won't be an Australian/New Zealand JT30 leg.
I doubt Michael Coppel was in Philly for a social visit.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 06-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,578
Local Time: 01:56 AM
anyone taken a stab at the Best Thing lyrics? atu2 has a version but there are some bits that dont seem right...

When you look so good
The pain in your face doesn’t show
When you look so good
Baby, you don’t even know

Well the world is ours
And every door smells of fresh paint
When the ?
Says it’s friction that makes you a saint

When we've seen enough (?)
To know it’s children that can teach
When you’re free enough
To wake up on a bed of beach

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Why am I walking away
Why am I walking away

I’ll be crying out
How bad can a good boy be
Shooting off my mouth
That’s another great thing about me

I got everything
But I feel like nothing at all
There’s no risky thing
For a man who’s determined to fall

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Saved me from myself

I’m honestly in love with the way you dance
I’m honestly in love with you

The best thing
The best thing
__________________
Registered Dude is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,578
Local Time: 01:56 AM
also, someone over at atu2 says Dallas was asked about whether SOE would sound like the raw rocking sound we hear in the fender clip, and he says there are a couple songs like that but that there are many "heartfelt songs"
__________________
Registered Dude is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 09:45 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,759
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I doubt Michael Coppel was in Philly for a social visit.
Unlikely. He was probably there to talk e/i
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #103
Acrobat
 
Zoo_Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 358
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
anyone taken a stab at the Best Thing lyrics? atu2 has a version but there are some bits that dont seem right...

When you look so good
The pain in your face doesn’t show
When you look so good
Baby, you don’t even know

Well the world is ours
And every door smells of fresh paint
When the ?
Says it’s friction that makes you a saint

When we've seen enough (?)
To know it’s children that can teach
When you’re free enough
To wake up on a bed of beach

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Why am I walking away
Why am I walking away

I’ll be crying out
How bad can a good boy be
Shooting off my mouth
That’s another great thing about me

I got everything
But I feel like nothing at all
There’s no risky thing
For a man who’s determined to fall

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Saved me from myself

I’m honestly in love with the way you dance
I’m honestly in love with you

The best thing
The best thing
I kind of thought I heard "when the golden book says it's scripture that makes you a saint". Not long till we find out!
__________________
Zoo_Fly is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,942
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
I can't believe people don't like Iris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
Let's show these people to the door
And the sign above the door reads "People With Good Taste - VIP SECTION"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
Count me among those who skip Iris.. by no means do I hate the song. In fact, I really like the verses..but the chorus falls flat to my ears..

I love Boots.

to each their own, right?
Same on both.
__________________
lazarus is online now  
Old 06-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #105
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 34
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
anyone taken a stab at the Best Thing lyrics? atu2 has a version but there are some bits that dont seem right...

When you look so good
The pain in your face doesn’t show
When you look so good
Baby, you don’t even know

Well the world is ours
And every door smells of fresh paint
When the ?
Says it’s friction that makes you a saint

When we've seen enough (?)
To know it’s children that can teach
When you’re free enough
To wake up on a bed of beach

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Why am I walking away
Why am I walking away

I’ll be crying out
How bad can a good boy be
Shooting off my mouth
That’s another great thing about me

I got everything
But I feel like nothing at all
There’s no risky thing
For a man who’s determined to fall

You’re the best thing about me
The best thing that ever happened to a boy
You’re the best thing about me
I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy

You’re the best thing about me
The best things are easy to destroy
You’re the best thing about me
Saved me from myself

I’m honestly in love with the way you dance
I’m honestly in love with you

The best thing
The best thing
When the girl involved says it's friction that makes you a saint ...

When you're free enough to wake up on a bed or a beach ...

I've been finding out (or maybe: trying out?) how bad can a good boy be ...
__________________

__________________
TooFree is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com