SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SFS may be in my bottom 3 songs on SOI for me, but like I have said about SOI before, even the weak songs are pretty good. And like Iris and Reach, has grown on me considerably
I think the song has its moments. For whatever reason, The - I'm a long, long way from your hill of cavalry, and i'm a long way from where i was, where i need to be...
Always gets me. Even gotten a little teary a couple times, which kinda surprised.

And if you look at the Youtube views, it is narrowly second to EBW for views. The top 5 videos of EBW have about 20 million views and SFS has 19 million. So while these songs might not be the favorites around here, they do seem to go over well with the public.

3rd Sao Paolo show added and confirmed as the last show in JT 2017 tour.
Hope yet for SOE in 2017?! Although they may have said that before!!

Listened to SOI. Still a solid album, but no real standout tracks. RBW to the end is a great stretch if songs though, some of their best since ATYCLB.

Also, the JT tour ending in October is a good sign.

Listened to SOI. Still a solid album, but no real standout tracks. RBW to the end is a great stretch if songs though, some of their best since ATYCLB.

Also, the JT tour ending in October is a good sign.

Agreed. All though I'd call it a great album not solid. My issue is I love the album, don't skip a track but if I was to pick a stand out track and for instance put it on a u2 greatest cd I'd struggle to come up with one.

Where as with atyclb there's 4 or 5 same with htdaab. But I think I'd class soi a better album if that makes any sense

Think the album is a great album without any outstanding singles

Agreed. All though I'd call it a great album not solid. My issue is I love the album, don't skip a track but if I was to pick a stand out track and for instance put it on a u2 greatest cd I'd struggle to come up with one.

Where as with atyclb there's 4 or 5 same with htdaab. But I think I'd class soi a better album if that makes any sense

Think the album is a great album without any outstanding singles

I agree on atyclb and htdaab. skip about 4 or 5 each. Same goes for nloth. Where i usually don't skip any with SOI, maybe SFS or Reach once in a while.
Still think that EBW is a classic U2 song, that isn't really given its due around here. Although i would rather listen to RBW, SLABT or the Troubles, i think EBW could have been a great lead single and is a standout song.

Is there a link to this statement somewhere??

And while i understand they have added shows before after saying "this is the final stop" - they haven't added a whole new country to the list. So i think any talk of Australia can be shelved now.

I can only hope this means SOE in December, and Australia/NZ/Asia get the E&I Tour in the early part of 2018 (I'm thinking March-May, then Europe in the summer). An Australian arena leg would probably have 4 shows each in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Auckland (no Adelaide, that arena is too small and out of date), maybe 6 shows in Melbourne due to the arena being relatively small. Then maybe throw in a few shows in Japan, and maybe try Seoul, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Manila, Dubai, etc. Maybe.... we'll see....

Wow. So despite Greg Caroll no New Zealand/Australia, Japan, and a mere 12 shows for the entire EU.

The baffling decisions of 2017 keep on coming.

Wow. So despite Greg Caroll no New Zealand/Australia, Japan, and a mere 12 shows for the entire EU.

The baffling decisions of 2017 keep on coming.

Well, it doesn't necessarily mean they wont add any in Europe i suppose. Just that the Sao Paulo is the definite last stop.

U2.com!! Where else would you get all your official up to date, completely trustworthy and reliable news?! Sheesh

Got it. Thanks. With the extension into the Fall, I wonder why they decided not to play Australia, New Zealand and Japan. Especially since those places never got to see the original Joshua Tree Tour since they got the Lovetown version of things. I could see them doing 11 shows. 2 in New Zealand, 7 in Australia and 2 in Japan. Or maybe they just mean they are done for the year and there might be more shows in 2018.

Done for JT. Great news for SOE, bad for old school Aussie/nz fans. If they do arenas here for EI early in the tour, it will be worthwhile for mine.

However unlikely it looks now, there have been so many "final" dates announced this year, I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.

:scratch:

What...you think that U2 might add MORE JT Tour dates, even though they just OFFICALLY CONFIRMED that this will be the last date?

Are we all being pessimistic so we're not disappointed if SOE is pushed to next year?

I think with this being announced as the final date, it's pretty obvious that U2songs.com's source is right.

Works well with Adam's comments that the album is done.

I guess we'll find out in July boys.

I also don't believe JT Tour will last beyond the Sao Paulo shows... they must be planning Innocence and Experience for Australia. Then again, I wouldn't put it past them to do JT shows in Australia/NZ/Asia in early 2018 either. The fact that it's 31 years since the JT's release wouldn't make a bit of difference in their decision.

July 2018

:wave:

:applaud::applaud:

I do believe we'll get the album in December, but also am not discounting the possibility that they'll put it off until March-ish, just because they might come up with some thing like "we wanted to go back to it after the JT Tour ended, just to make sure we were comfortable with what we had", something like that. I'm not sure I believe this single in July business if they album isn't coming until December, but would love to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom