SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NIN's doing the EP thing now and the last one was great and new songs are very good too. Cocteau Twins' EPs are better than their albums. Deerhunter's EPs are great. Animal Collective release excellent EPs.

they toyed with the idea of EPs during NLOTH. They should have done it. They should do it now too if they're being truthful when they say they have a lot of material. That way they could release a few songs they all agree are done and fit together while working on the rest. Do that a couple times a year. I don't understand why they don't.

ACTUALLY I DO, THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE TRILLION SONGS AS THEY CLAIM, THEY HAVE THREE SONGS AND BY THAT THEY MEAN RIFFS WITH MUMBLING

despite the fact that releasing bunch of EPs seems like a better idea, those EPs never sound good. or this idea never works, somehow. like, Green Day did that and all EPs were critically panned, and stuff.

Not sure what EPs you're talking about. Do you mean the trilogy of studio albums they released in 3 months, Uno, Dos, and Tre?

I've always said that NLOTH should have separated out the middle 3 into an EP. It would have been an awful EP, but at least it wouldn't have ruined the album.

Yeah, that was one case where the band probably released everything they recorded around that time. 37 songs or so.

I've always said that NLOTH should have separated out the middle 3 into an EP. It would have been an awful EP, but at least it wouldn't have ruined the album.

i say screw EPs. The crappy 3 on NLOTH would have been fine B-side material to the singles that should have been - NLOTH, Magnificent, and Fez...

If they talk about a quick follow up album to SOE I think no one is going to believe it for a second!
Good to have further confirmation of the SOE timeline though.

Hahaha oh god as if the "quick follow-up" isn't enough of a meme already. But perhaps that quote will make the "this is the last tour" people calm down.

How do you pronounce "theories"?

Cray-zee thee-or-ees, 5 syllables.

It's funny because a lot of people are saying that U2 are being secretive, but I'd say this is probably the most transparent they've been in the last few albums cycles. They and their buddies have basically been telling us that an album is coming out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom