SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still here for the one who wants to hear it !

But yeah, definitely a good sign, pretty confident we'll hear TBT during the summer! But who knows...

While I still think it would be wise for U2 to release a more mature, adult song as the first single such as Little Things, as opposed to a poppy sounding song like The Best Thing... I do give best thing this, I listened to maybe half the song this morning for the first time in months and the chorus has been stuck in my head ever since.

While I still think it would be wise for U2 to release a more mature, adult song as the first single such as Little Things, as opposed to a poppy sounding song like The Best Thing... I do give best thing this, I listened to maybe half the song this morning for the first time in months and the chorus has been stuck in my head ever since.
Agreed. It would be really cool if they released the Kygo remix as the single.

I think The Best Thing would be an embarrassing first single, especially from an album titled Songs of Experience. The structure and instrumentation of the Kygo version is generic. U2 aren't going to garner attention by releasing a stereotypical dance song in the mainstream EDM style of 2010...

Now's the time to experiment, mainstream music listeners are more open to it than ever and though the alternative/indie scene has been severely watered down by pop influences, it's become huge.

U2 can still go for a catchy dance song, but at least make it interesting! They are such a unique band, why not embrace it?

Maybe they should release American Soul, if it's the song that Kendrick pulled from. The "cool" listening audience already knows part of it and they could get some good PR from the news.

I think The Best Thing would be an embarrassing first single, especially from an album titled Songs of Experience. The structure and instrumentation of the Kygo version is generic. U2 aren't going to garner attention by releasing a stereotypical dance song in the mainstream EDM style of 2010...

Now's the time to experiment, mainstream music listeners are more open to it than ever and though the alternative/indie scene has been severely watered down by pop influences, it's become huge.

U2 can still go for a catchy dance song, but at least make it interesting! They are such a unique band, why not embrace it?

The Kyro mix is not going to be the single.

DCjxkZiWAAIj_Sk.jpg

https://twitter.com/u2songs/status/876215968204193792

!!!

So, first Euro show is London on July 8.

Singles typically come out on Fridays (i think?)

Only one Friday in July before that show - so, single July 7?

I'm kind of amazed they posted that much specific detail.. All their fault if this falls through :wink:

So, first Euro show is London on July 8.

Singles typically come out on Fridays (i think?)

Only one Friday in July before that show - so, single July 7?
July single sounds just great, doesn't it?
Then, plenty of time for another in Sept or so!

I love the song the best thing -- I remember playing it over and over on my iPhone and remember all the hope I felt. Then the election happened, album got pushed and life has been shit.

so yeah, let's hope for a new U2 album so we can start turning this shit around. Thank you, more please.

July single sounds just great, doesn't it?
Then, plenty of time for another in Sept or so!

Absolutely, especially if it is indeed The Best Thing we get! Such a perfect summer song.

If this is indeed the way it goes down, I think a second single around September is inevitable... And I doubt it'll be The Little Things - but that may just be my personal opinion shining through.

Plus, it is a reiteration of the December 1 rumor they posted a few weeks back.

Best Thing in July would be great... such a solid summer song. They would also probably bring it into the setlist for Europe, too.

Also notable that they removed The Best Thing videos from YouTube as others have pointed out. Could be gearing up to push it out.

Last edited:
Wonderful if true! Yes this year has been utter shit for the most part not only because of the elections but personal things too, so an album would be a nice gift to ease my pains lol. But I am hoping U2 release a huge wtf song! What I mean by wtf, is something along the same style as when the fly was released where everyone was like wtf is this??? I don't want another the fly "although one of my favorite u2 songs" I just want U2 to surprise us with something totally new but kickarse! But that might not happen! So I'll just be happy with The Best Thing. And I do like that song btw it's quite catchy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom