SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent mentions
- American Soul
- The Little Things That Give You Away
- You're the Best Thing About Me
- The Showman
- Summer of Love
- Get Out of Your Own Way

Status Unknown
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Red Flag Day
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Light

Long delayed WIllie Nelson movie
- Where the Shadows Fall

Recent mentions
- American Soul
- The Showman
- Summer of Love

Status Unknown
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Red Flag Day
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Light

- Where the Shadows Fall

Don't really love any of the recent mention titles. Tightrope is cool, Red Flag Day isn't bad, Civilization is cool, The Light is decent, Landlady is... intriguing.

Not sure if this was mentioned but December 1st is World AIDS Day- wouldn't be a bad tie in for the band, especially if part of the album proceeds go to RED. Plus during this JT30 tour Bono has been stating during the shows before One that everyone in the audience has been a supporter of AIDS research. It's still very important to them. Just saying if there's some real meaning behind Experience and what's near and dear to their hearts that it's a perfect date to release a new album.

Last edited:
American Soul, lol.

MV5BMTUwNzE2ODY4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjExNzU2._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Recent mentions
- American Soul
- The Showman
- Summer of Love

Status Unknown
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Red Flag Day
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Light

- Where the Shadows Fall

I believe 'Red Flag Day' was mentioned in the same article where we learned about 'Summer of Love' (I think both are about the refugee crisis in some way) and 'The Showman', plus Edge posted that video when they were in NYC with Lillywhite titled 'Red Flag', so that one is probably still on SoE too!

Considering it's Edge who is still working on this thing, he better have some much more better guitar work

Where is the Dec 1st rumor coming from?

Also, heard on a Sirius/XM channel (one of the classic channels) yesterday that U2 played 4 new songs for the press/media in Pittsburgh last week. DJ said how cool that was and he was looking forward to SOE.

Also, heard on a Sirius/XM channel (one of the classic channels) yesterday that U2 played 4 new songs for the press/media in Pittsburgh last week. DJ said how cool that was and he was looking forward to SOE.

From u2songs:

https://twitter.com/u2songs?lang=en-gb

Also, re: playing new songs: Wow, that sounds like quite a big deal. I can only imagine they're playing new songs for the press if a release is fairly imminent. Plus, I remember them doing the same thing for NLOTH a month or two before it was released. Shit might be getting real.

I'd get excited, but didn't they play the U Talkin' U2 2 Me guys some new/SOE songs when they visited? And that was, like, 18 years ago.

I believe 'Red Flag Day' was mentioned in the same article where we learned about 'Summer of Love' (I think both are about the refugee crisis in some way) and 'The Showman', plus Edge posted that video when they were in NYC with Lillywhite titled 'Red Flag', so that one is probably still on SoE too!

ah that's right! good catch! I also forgot Love is All We Have Left, courtesy Morleigh.. So...

Recent mentions
- American Soul
- The Showman
- Summer of Love
- Red Flag Day

Status Unknown
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Light
- Love is All We Have Left

- Where the Shadows Fall

Not sure if this was mentioned but December 1st is World AIDS Day- wouldn't be a bad tie in for the band, especially if part of the album proceeds go to RED. Plus during this JT30 tour Bono has been stating during the shows before One that everyone in the audience has been a supporter of AIDS research. It's still very important to them. Just saying if there's some real meaning behind Experience and what's near and dear to their hearts that it's a perfect date to release a new album.

:hmm:

He's trying to recapture the Song For Someone magic for all 12 tracks.

Would destroy my world. I don't think Edge has had a good solo since the extended version of Kite.

Otherwise it's been pretty standard SFS riff for him lately.

Surprised if they've played songs to the press, there hasn't been more talk about it. What we need U2 to do is play songs for James Comey, cause we know he'd leak that shit to the media so fast.....

With the Europe dates coming up and then fall date announcement I think they'll release a Aug/Sept single (ala Beautiful Day). If it is 'The Best Thing..' I can see it being played live too. Especially in the fall. Could be a cool new encore opener. Hell, 2-3 SOE songs could be played in the encore.

U2 has alot of momentum right now. It seems the press has gotten over the sour taste of SOI and giving U2 props for who they are now. They need to ride this wave and announce SOE.

Recent mentions
- American Soul
- The Showman
- Summer of Love

Status Unknown
- Landlady
- Tightrope
- Much More Better
- Red Flag Day
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Light

- Where the Shadows Fall

The Light is quite an old mention. I believe it became Song For Someone.

I want to hear all of them, regardless of the title. It's like judging a book by its cover. Sure some titles may not be as appealing as others but I can't judge a song based on its tittle without listening to it. Which I find kindof funny many are already complaining about titles.

I love that they can sit in interviews and say, with a straight face, that the album would be released if only Edge would stop tinkering with it. Are they 12 year old kids who just can't get their $hit together?!

And I take it the whole "we're not releasing the album until we tour the US and see how that influences the songs" thing has been forgotten now?

I just find the whole thing really, really strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom