SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it did leave room for raucous fuck off rocker "Song For Someone" to make the cut, so we have that going for us.

Two things I didn't understand from the RS interview.

How is TLTTGYA a "fuck off" song and how is the new arrangement for RHMT "magical"?

Can anyone who speaks Bongolese translate?

They should put out EPs or digital singles. Treating every album like an event is what's giving them cold feet.

A couple of points in here that I found interesting. First, I had no idea that Eeny, meeny, miny, moe was racist. Interesting that a lot of children's rhymes are either racist or violent when you really look at the words as an adult.

I heard about that after the Walking Dead episode and there were articles about how offended some people were about it.

I only ever heard and was taught the version with "grab a tiger by the toe".

To this day, I still have no issue with saying that phrase because there is nothing wrong with it(the version I know) what so ever....unless you are a Tiger and then I would understand.

Aaaaactually, the earliest attested versions of the rhyme weren't racist. They were comprised entirely of nonsense words. Both the "tiger" and N-word versions are of more recent origin.

And for the record, I grew up in country New Zealand in the nineties and the only version we knew was the offensive one. None of us had a fucking clue what it meant!

why are we entertaining the thought that JT30 goes into 2018?

Are they renaming it JT31? It's a fucking anniversary show, that ends 31 December.

You know, it's not entirely inappropriate if they do the JT Tour down here in early 2018. The One Tree Hill single came out in March 1988.

Two things I didn't understand from the RS interview.

How is TLTTGYA a "fuck off" song and how is the new arrangement for RHMT "magical"?

Can anyone who speaks Bongolese translate?

I'm enjoying all the Americans being confused by Bono's use of "fuck off" here. He's not describing a vitriolic song or something particularly rockin'. He's suggesting that it's an actual song of substance and significance, in the same way as "Port Adelaide flogged Hawthorn in the first half, it was a proper fuck-off drubbing" or "yeah, this bakery does a proper fuck-off croissant, not like that shit you get at the supermarket".

I'm enjoying all the Americans being confused by Bono's use of "fuck off" here. He's not describing a vitriolic song or something particularly rockin'. He's suggesting that it's an actual song of substance and significance, in the same way as "Port Adelaide flogged Hawthorn in the first half, it was a proper fuck-off drubbing" or "yeah, this bakery does a proper fuck-off croissant, not like that shit you get at the supermarket".

Didn't think of it from this perspective, now that makes sense.

In fairness, it is a rare (almost non-existent) use of that term here in the US to mean something "good".....at least where I am from (North East).

I still think it comes out mid to late Sept, with a single release in late July/early August. They could ultimately take the JT tour to Australia/NZ AND play an I+E show the next night. Depends how serious they are about it- I personally only see them doing one kind of show there, logistically, but who knows.

Suppose it makes sense now,I have just had a big "fuck off" cream cake!

giphy.gif

Was it yummy?

That's very late in the year. It's usually imperative to have your album available before Black Friday.

Really? I don't know if that's "imperative" for a band like U2. It's actually a decent spot to grab some post-Thanksgiving pre-Christmas attention.

Guess we'll see.

That's very late in the year. It's usually imperative to have your album available before Black Friday.

You are correct. typically artists will want to release the week(s) right before Thanksgiving or during that week.

With that said, a week past it wouldn't be too crazy and you would still pick up the bulk of the shopping season....assuming sales numbers are important to the band (which we know they are).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I sure as hell hope this is true! Just having a 2017 release date instead of 2018 would just make me feel better.

You are correct. typically artists will want to release the week(s) right before Thanksgiving or during that week.

With that said, a week past it wouldn't be too crazy and you would still pick up the bulk of the shopping season....assuming sales numbers are important to the band (which we know they are).

It just seems odd to set that specific date back here in June. Unless there is some other big release on Black Friday they don't want to compete with.

Besides, Bono was just interviewed after the first couple shows of this tour and said it wasn't done yet. They likely haven't worked on it since then, so this seems like a fan-made image/rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom