SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard about that after the Walking Dead episode and there were articles about how offended some people were about it.

I only ever heard and was taught the version with "grab a tiger by the toe".

To this day, I still have no issue with saying that phrase because there is nothing wrong with it(the version I know) what so ever....unless you are a Tiger and then I would understand.

tiger_woods

I thought it was the highlight of IE

no way. in terms of energy, it brought the concert to a grinding halt each time it was played when I saw it.

it needed Larry and Adam to come in halfway through like they played it on the promo tour.

An Australian music reporter said on Triple M radio today that U2 will be doing NZ/Aus first quarter of 2018. And doing JT. Sounds like he may have just got that from the NZ newspaper articles though...

https://www.facebook.com/U2australiaU2/

Most recent post

Makes sense. Since they're clearly not ready with SOE, add more dates to nostalgia tour. And it would fit with "stadiums" talk given I/E was indoors.

I love the piano version. I still play the single mix in my car a lot. With that said, yeah, I agree that it did halt the energy a little bit. But I still enjoyed it.

why are we entertaining the thought that JT30 goes into 2018?

Are they renaming it JT31? It's a fucking anniversary show, that ends 31 December.

Are they renaming it JT31? It's a fucking anniversary show, that ends 31 December.

Well , they probably don't extend it into 2018. I see a possible scenario where they extend the tour (SA) because band is unable to finish that new LP. Don't forget that sources for AUS and NZ are extremely weak.

Actually the Joshua Tree was released in March 1987, so it's still 30 years old until next March! Lol, I'm just being silly, I agree with you, that'd be a very stupid idea.

Then again, I kinda think this whole tour is a stupid idea, and a shameless money grab.

I'm an avid Arcade Fire fan. Watched them tease and announce the new album today online and release the single. (the song is masterful by the way).

Wish U2 could just release the new album.

I'm an avid Arcade Fire fan. Watched them tease and announce the new album today online and release the single. (the song is masterful by the way).

Watched a couple of interviews a few days ago of Dave Fanning being interviewed by @U2. They were from late last year and Dave was very critical of u2 trying to be relevant etc. Probably the most honest and insightful set of interviews on the band from someone who is very close to them. A must watch for any u2 fan. Check them out if you haven't already.

Last edited:

listening to it now.. thanks for the heads up.

The new War on Drugs song is also damn good. I hope new U2 can get me as excited for good music as this song does

Last edited:
I still love the band, but their constant (it seems) second guessing themselves, being unsure and insecure, having to be relevant is a drag. I don't know of any other band that acts like this..
That said, I'll probably be one of the first to rush out and buy SOE whenever it's released. :lol:

I still love the band, but their constant (it seems) second guessing themselves, being unsure and insecure, having to be relevant is a drag. I don't know of any other band that acts like this..
That said, I'll probably be one of the first to rush out and buy SOE whenever it's released. :lol:

Yeah, I'm with you. They rushed Pop and got burned. They over-cooked NLOTH and got burned. They forced SOI on the masses and got burned. When you think of it, 3 of their past 5 albums have been personified by failure. I don't blame them for being careful, but come on now- take a swing. This is a band that released "The Fly" as a single, gave us Passengers, and was known for risk taking. If anything, the fatal backing away from experimentation and instincts on NLOTH should have taught them that pushing the envelope, vice playing it safe, will endear you to both critics and your core.

Last edited:
That said, I'll probably be one of the first to rush out and buy SOE whenever it's released. [emoji38]
That's almost every band to some extent. They're just not on the same public platform as this one, doing interviews and such that we can over think the smallest details on. Almost every musician second guesses their work or re-records things. Some might do so more than others, but again, it's not an uncommon thing. If someone is never critical of their own work, they're not going to be a creative type in the first place.

A traditional release is the best method for them. Or if they slowly release songs each month like other bands.

But they should absolutely stay away from some gimmicky style release method.

They are getting great reviews for this tour. People seem to have moved on from SOI release, so it's their best interest to get the album out to build off the momentum.

Have a good commercial. A strong lead single. A strong tour to back it up.

Let the rest fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom