SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks everyone. Guess the band saw everyone leaving to beat the California traffic and they took it as not liking the song.

They will now rewrite it, along with the 45 other songs they have ready to go.

Actually it is curious as to why they dropped it? Larry not in board ? They're pissed at Bono for saying "new album"??

They were tired ?

Well, maybe they just wanted to play it a few times live and leave it at that. The band may introduce another new song to us soon. Who knows.

U2 have to get over this self doubt (if that's what it is). I'm not at all convinced by TLTTGYA but it's getting ridiculous now. Just release the album and so be whatever we get. This delaying and anxiety will destroy them eventually.

I have listened to The Little Things quite a few times now. It beats any song on SOI and NLOTH. I just hope the band don't over produce the studio version. I'm quite excited as the two songs we have heard thus far from SOE are lyrically brilliant and both have catchy melodies so this bodes well for the new album.

I like it a lot too but we can't make judgement without hearing the album mix. It's safe to say (assuming they don't rewrite it now) that the lyrics are the same and they are very good.

I imagine they will add several layers of production to the song, which can be good or bad but I think it will make it a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like it a lot too but we can't make judgement without hearing the album mix. It's safe to say (assuming they don't rewrite it now) that the lyrics are the same and they are very good.

I imagine they will add several layers of production to the song, which can be good or bad but I think it will make it a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
The middle lift of the song just doesn't sound right or fit. It's like 2 different songs glued together and the guitar solo is Edge by numbers. As a whole song together, it's OK and I quite like it but its nowhere near any of their best stuff and it'll make zero impact with the public if released (not that that's should be an issue anymore).

U2 have to get over this self doubt (if that's what it is). I'm not at all convinced by TLTTGYA but it's getting ridiculous now. Just release the album and so be whatever we get. This delaying and anxiety will destroy them eventually.

"Tool should just release an album instead of teasing fans for more than 10 years"

Of note from Pasadena 2:

- Little Things returned.
- Bono introduced it by saying "SOE would be out if it wasn't for Edge"
- The album cover image was not shown for the first time.

Of note from Pasadena 2:

Interesting about the last point. Hm.

Of note from Pasadena 2:

There was a picture shown at the end, is there another one?

I really like that new song, the recent Santa Clara recording is pretty damn good. I do prefer the final stages of it and really want to hear a recorded version - although I guess as others have pointed out, their record company want this all to be about the remastered JT sets, so they ain't going to be able to release new music until later in the year.

I still think its a strange choice to play in the gigs though and its place in the set-list is weird too although there's probably not much choice given the structure of it. Its great there's new music but the vids i've seen online seem to suggest its going down exactly like I thought it would - lots of standing around chatting while they play it or people listening intently but a bit of a downer in terms of atmosphere and response. Although having said that, sounds like Miss Sarajevo has already killed the wave of energy and the buzz going on.

Of note from Pasadena 2:

When did he comment about the album cover? I just watchec a video of Little things and heard the spoken intro where he made the comment about SOE +Edge, but nothing about album cover

Still liking Little Things. I have to say that both Little Things and The Best Thing both left me humming them the next couple days after hearing them. I think they could get some decent play on Contemporary and Adult Alternative radio with these. Just will depend on the way they are released.
Hoping we know more after Kimmel...

When did he comment about the album cover? I just watchec a video of Little things and heard the spoken intro where he made the comment about SOE +Edge, but nothing about album cover

I think people just made the assumption that the picture was the album cover, since it was displayed during or after the song. Nothing concrete from the band's mouth yet, unless I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom