SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Our heroes find themselves back in 2017, realising to their horror they are in fact in an alternate timeline where they can't finish records and Donald Trump is all-powerful and corrupt. Their only solution is to go back to where their adventure began, and in front of a paying audience. But can they save their future...without destroying the past?

Where we're at

• Songs Of Experience possibly released late 2017/IE tour restarting in 2018?
  • U2 rehearsing Songs Of Experience material to rerecord some songs live in the studio next month with Steve Lillywhite.
  • New Lillywhite mix of Red Hill Mining Town, featuring new vocals by Bono, due this month.
  • Joshua Tree tour rehearsals already underway.
  • Tweet by U2songs suggests U2 might announce late 2017 dates soon, though nothing concrete. South America/Australia/New Zealand supposedly in the pipeline.

Have included a poll for the hell of it.

How does Donald Trump being corrupt fit into the 'alternate timeline' theory?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

[*]Tweet by U2songs suggests U2 might announce late 2017 dates soon, though nothing concrete. South America/Australia/New Zealand supposedly in the pipeline.

Though U2Songs made no mention of possible locations.

[tweet]836577494102851585[/tweet]

Donald Trump's attempts to provide the lyrics for a song backfired when the only book he had for inspiration was a sports almanac.

Where we're at

• Songs Of Experience possibly released late 2017/IE tour restarting in 2018?
  • U2 rehearsing Songs Of Experience material to rerecord some songs live in the studio next month with Steve Lillywhite.
  • New Lillywhite mix of Red Hill Mining Town, featuring new vocals by Bono, due this month.
  • Joshua Tree tour rehearsals already underway.
  • Tweet by U2songs suggests U2 might announce late 2017 dates soon, though nothing concrete. South America/Australia/New Zealand supposedly in the pipeline.

Also worth mentioning - recent mention of these new songs

The Showman
Summer of Love
Red Flag Day
The Best Thing about You is Me (sic?)
The Little Things that Give You Away

Also worth mentioning - recent mention of these new songs

The Showman
Summer of Love
Red Flag Day
The Best Thing about You is Me (sic?)
The Little Things that Give You Away

I'm pretty sure that The Best Thing About You is Me is the remix that Kygo showed back in August.

I thought it was just U2's trend of making song titles longer and more clunky.

I havent seen a song with parentheses inside of parentheses yet. Maybe that will come on SOE!

Is there a poll option for "all 11 JT songs are played in a row, but out of album sequence to create a better concert flow"?

Donald Trump's attempts to provide the lyrics for a song backfired when the only book he had for inspiration was a sports almanac.

Is that Back to the Future II joke I see? I read somewhere they did that whole alternate 1985 sequence based on what they imagined a Donald Trump presidency would look like. So... yeah.

Make like a tree and get watching BTTF immediately.

Just saw Edge posted a video on the u2 Facebook page titled 'NYC Red Flag'. It's just him filming a red plastic bag flying through the air (very 'American Beauty', I know), but what struck me is that there's a song on SoE called Red Flag Day. :hmm:

Maybe that's one of the tunes they're cutting live at Electric Lady Studios.

(Of course it could be nothing, but that title sure seems deliberate)

Last edited:
Hopefully it's not a new low budget Streets intro.

U2 should really now release the "alternative" album to JT called Two Americas.

Back
Top Bottom