SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
Anyone know much about the Metallica album and ticket bundle promo going on at the moment? Seems to count towards album sales chart and given them a massive boost the last two weeks. Just wondering from the viewpoint of a possible new delivery method for U2 and SOE, and whether they would ever consider anything like this.

Sorry for the slight off topic, but tis pretty quiet and all.....

Anyone know much about the Metallica album and ticket bundle promo going on at the moment? Seems to count towards album sales chart and given them a massive boost the last two weeks. Just wondering from the viewpoint of a possible new delivery method for U2 and SOE, and whether they would ever consider anything like this.

Sorry for the slight off topic, but tis pretty quiet and all.....

Yeah, this trick has been being used for a while now. Tom Petty got his first number one album because of it. And Madonna did it as well as was mentioned.

I'm not sure that its a method that U2 want to use, since they haven't done it yet, but I had made a comment about a month ago, that it would have been cool for U2 to give everyone who bought a JT tour ticket, a promo code to get the new album for a discounted price, plus they could use the code to stream the album a week before anyone else on iTunes or something.

They are pulling in fans that have been stagnant for a while, and this would give them 2 million or so people with high motivation to get the new album.

Not sure they would do this, especially how transparently desperate a move that is.

The SOI release was the opposite: gave the album away knowing they would be sacrificing another #1 debut. The cynical might argue they were worried they would miss #1 and that's why they made the move.

But clearly they just wanted everyone to hear it.

Not sure they would do this, especially how transparently desperate a move that is.

The SOI release was the opposite: gave the album away knowing they would be sacrificing another #1 debut. The cynical might argue they were worried they would miss #1 and that's why they made the move.

But clearly they just wanted everyone to hear it.

Yeah, i think the easiest and most straight-forward way would be to just give a limited time low price through iTunes for the first week, like lots of other artists do. That skips all the hoops and still gives those that got renewed interest from the band a reason to grab it.

I actually think Guy O was the one that came up with the "album with ticket" scheme.

So during the 'walk in the park' sighting of the band near Electric Lady, they were with Helena Christensen (her Instagram post) and she tagged Nicole Mackinlay Hahn (nachole) who is the director/filmmaker that produced the short Invisible (video here) and SOI (video here) 'making of' videos to accompany those releases.

I'm taking it as a good sign that they really are in the final stages and perhaps really were doing this for some content to accompany the releases!

https://twitter.com/RyanTedder/status/842841815355154436
Working with these guys in studio...on St. Patrick's day....in NYC...hard to beat. Sláinte dudes @U2
C7JgIU5VwAAUVFv.jpg:large

So now Tedder surfaces again in the studio on top of Lillywhite and Jacknife. Christ guys you just can't help over cooking!!!

Last edited:
So now Tedder surfaces again in the studio on top of Lillywhite and Jacknife. Christ guys you just can't help over cooking!!!

I would guess Lillywhite is the producer while Jacknife and Tedder are mixing ?

If SOE is anything like SOI bring it on.

Back
Top Bottom