SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
And clearly Larry wanted nothing to do with it since he was on his phone most of the time. Even Adam didn't seem to care much. Edge did have some funny lines

Spinal Tap and air horn for the win ! Larry had the best moments.

Bus stop "fans" Edge moment and Bono getting in the back of his own car were funny.

Chris Martin is an even bigger twat than i imagined...

they should have said "three chords and the truth, wanker!"

And clearly Larry wanted nothing to do with it since he was on his phone most of the time. Even Adam didn't seem to care much. Edge did have some funny lines

shitty.

unless he was following the #asku2 hashtag?

large.jpg

I looked through the digital versions of all the 30th anniversary deluxe editions. Track listings are all there. However, all the tracks are listed as "album only".

So don't expect to be buying individual tracks.

I dont fucking want to pay for the unwanted remixes. seriously why do they need to do this? I rather want a deluxe box set of POP i'm gonna fucking buy that shit without thinking about the price tag and shit

Agree with Bono's new shades. They need to go. He looks like a cross between John Lennon, Yoko, and Elton John.

Not really a group of people you would want to be spawned out of. Musical talent aside of course....

Still trying to decide if it's worth getting a ticket to a JT show. Guess will wait and see how the first shows look, and then decide. Might be cool if they throw in some rarities, or MAYBE a new song.

But not sure I want to bother to see JT, and then Elevation, Vertigo, Miracle, IALW

Still trying to decide if it's worth getting a ticket to a JT show. Guess will wait and see how the first shows look, and then decide. Might be cool if they throw in some rarities, or MAYBE a new song.

Playing all the album tracks off of TJT is a good start though...

I dont fucking want to pay for the unwanted remixes. seriously why do they need to do this? I rather want a deluxe box set of POP i'm gonna fucking buy that shit without thinking about the price tag and shit

So you won't buy this because of "unwanted remixes", but you're already willing to pay any price for another one that will more than likely just be remixes?

You just keep being you Mack :up:

I looked through the digital versions of all the 30th anniversary deluxe editions. Track listings are all there. However, all the tracks are listed as "album only".

So don't expect to be buying individual tracks.

All presale albums have the songs default listing as "album only" on iTunes.
So there is no way of knowing for sure how they will sell it. My guess is it will either all be sold separately or worst case only a few selected tracks as "album only"

Soooooooo don't buy it?

Pretty much this.

Listen, I love remixes and alternate versions of U2 songs. They are never (Even) better than the real thing but they are fun and I enjoy hearing a fresh take on a song that I heard 1000x. Case in point...ASOH the Lanos mix. I enjoy it, don't like it more then the original but I like it.

I also LOVE that they are officially releasing a live show. I really liked the Paris show and I feel that the audio/sound on U2 "official" releases is always better than any bootleg. Yes there are some songs left out...so what.

In the end, are 4 CDs of songs worth $169....to me, no, but I don't think this is a "garbage" cash grab and they are offering some cool things (from my perspective).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pretty much this.

Listen, I love remixes and alternate versions of U2 songs. They are never (Even) better than the real thing but they are fun and I enjoy hearing a fresh take on a song that I heard 1000x. Case in point...ASOH the Lanos mix. I enjoy it, don't like it more then the original but I like it.

I also LOVE that they are officially releasing a live show. I really liked the Paris show and I feel that the audio/sound on U2 "official" releases is always better than any bootleg. Yes there are some songs left out...so what.

In the end, are 4 CDs of songs worth $169....to me, no, but I don't think this is a "garbage" cash grab and they are offering some cool things (from my perspective).

:up:

I just came away from reading another band's message board and FB page, where they recently released on a 4-song digital EP of remixes. Some of the comments dealt with how the song was terrible anyway, how the remixes weren't very good, or why they didn't bother to release a physical product for the fans and how they were terrible for that.

So I guess in the past few days, I learned a band can be terrible to its fans for releasing no physical product in the first place... or for re-releasing an older album altogether... or for releasing one that falls somewhere above $50. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom