SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?
In it's original sequence 70 67.31%
Reversed to build up to Streets 8 7.69%
Shuffled/scattered among the setlist 26 25.00%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
New video for U2.com subscribers is the rest of the Q&A that originally appeared on Facebook.

At the end Bono talks about how it "sucks" that they won't bring the Joshua Tree tour to other parts of the world, but that they will visit those parts on the Songs of Experience tour, which they're currently in studio finishing.

So there's that.
Good stuff!

Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #212
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:58 AM
Quote:
New video for U2.com subscribers is the rest of the Q&A that originally appeared on Facebook.

At the end Bono talks about how it "sucks" that they won't bring the Joshua Tree tour to other parts of the world, but that they will visit those parts on the Songs of Experience tour, which they're currently in studio finishing.

So there's that.

So basically u2 Facebook hates u2 fans. Lives could have been saved if they had just not edited the video.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #213
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:58 AM
No offense to those in the countries not getting this show, but this news is a relief if you care anything about the band's future as artists.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:58 AM
I always hoped the rumours of an Australian tour this year was I+e and not TJT.

I think TJT would be amazing so see, and I'm sad I won't see it, but I am also keenly aware that U2 in Australia tends to be a make up for the shows we miss (Elevation tour mini set on Vertigo), and I expect that an I+e tour would leverage the songs they thought did really well on the TJT tour anyway.

That and it means new music (logically)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 03-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:58 AM
You'll def get JT songs.

Tracks 1-4
Old 03-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopop View Post
U2 will begin Joshua Tree Tour
-Public will be very receptive. Best tour in years. U2 is back

U2 will talk about SOE & maybe even play a new song at the shows
-Public will enjoy the song because it wasn't shoved in their faces like SOI

U2 will release SOE this fall because the public is interested in U2 again thanks to the JT Tour and the new song is pretty damn good.
I think this will turn out to be pretty accurate.

It's promising that they've set aside a good chunk of time to get their heads down in the studio (and hopefully wrap up the album) then focus on rehearsing again, instead of getting bogged down trying to do both at the same time.
If there are IE shows later this year for the rest of the world, the album will need to be (very close to) finished before the JT shows start, surely?

After pushing back SOE/the next IE leg so much, they probably know (and for all we know, could have been warned by LiveNation) that saying "oh we'll just finish it on the road, it'll be fine" isn't going to wash.

Silver lining of this not so amazing joshua tree boxset is its out in June, tour's wrapped up by August, leaving the autum cleared for SOE. Fingers crossed that's the plan.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #217
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
You'll def get JT songs.

Tracks 1-4

Of course!

I think RHMT, Exit, OTH, RTSS may be e stage possibilities to rotate around if the tour picks up in markets that did it get the JT tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #218
Refugee

Quote:

So there's that.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Non-paywall video

Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:58 AM
thanks for posting!

"I've never sung the Joshua Tree in sequence. It's quite a ride for me." good sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Of course!

I think RHMT, Exit, OTH, RTSS may be e stage possibilities to rotate around if the tour picks up in markets that did it get the JT tour.
I can see it now, I'll go on nights 3+4 in some city and know that I won't hear Exit because it's only played on night 1 haha
Old 03-23-2017, 02:50 AM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Great video, thanks for sharing. It reminds me of just how funny they can be, love seeing them like this.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #222
War Child

Here's the quote... So maybe the SOE album and tour (starting somewhere other than the US or Europe) will land sooner than expected after all.

"I can't wait for these shows. I wish there were more of them. Originally there were going to be 10, then it was 20 because we had to go to Europe. But there are so many places in the world we didn't get to and that sucks. But, we will get to you when Songs Of Experience is out, which won't be too long."
Old 03-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

With the rumors of gigs in Australia and South America I think it's fairly certain that the plan is to release Songs of Experience in late summer/early fall, tour the lesser played areas of the world first, and then return to Europe and NA next year, likely in arenas, hitting the markets they missed this time (the southwest) + the major markets (NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, Toronto, Seattle/Vancouver)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #224
War Child

Local Time: 06:58 PM
Quote:
With the rumors of gigs in Australia and South America I think it's fairly certain that the plan is to release Songs of Experience in late summer/early fall, tour the lesser played areas of the world first, and then return to Europe and NA next year, likely in arenas, hitting the markets they missed this time (the southwest) + the major markets (NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, Toronto, Seattle/Vancouver)

So ... I could basically see a 1987 focused U2-Show AND a 2017 focused U2-Show in the same year (if I go to a TJT gig in Europe and to .. say .. a South America SOE gig in fall)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #225
Refugee

Not that I'm complaining, but that's a busy schedule - after August, we'd be looking at releasing an album, promoting it, and doing a leg or two of the I&E tour. I suppose it's possible, but it makes me wonder if they might release a lead single (or even the album) during the JT tour.

The trend (and rumours for SoE's release last year) is to have a lead single a good 2 or 3 months before the album drops.

So, say they released a single in July, album in September, promotion in October, and tour November and December.. Does that sound feasible/likely?