SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
Made me laugh

oDBS2NZh.jpg

Needless to say, this is an exciting and intriguing development. If it is a real feature, this is such an out-of-the box move for them. By collaborating with Kendrick, they can be "relevant" without selling out.

On the other hand, there are times in Hip Hop when a heavily sampled artist gets a feat. credit (see: "Otis" from Watch the Throne, where Otis Redding is listed as a featured artist when he is only sampled). We'll just have to wait and see what happens Friday, but the fact they are listed as one of only two featured artists on the album is huge.

Let's hope it's just as good as their collaboration with Wyclef!!!

Damn

I'm all for this. There's already tons of buzz (good and bad) about this collab but Kendrick is on top of his game right now so I'm sure it's not a dud. I'm pretty damn excited to hear it.

Brazilian media reports that U2 will play at Sao Paulo (October 2017). Bono said TJTT won't be extended. So will we have the album sooner than expected? Or is it "fake news"?

São Paulo assina contrato, e Morumbi vai receber dois shows do U2 em outubro | futebol / times / são paulo | Globoesporte

I remember a month or two ago a fan site posted a rumour that I&E tour dates would be announced sooner than expected - that could tie in to this. I guess in theory they could promote a lead single in may/throughout the JT tour, drop the album in August, promote in september, tour from october onwards...

... But these are just rumours, after all. I think the safest bet is we don't get anything from SoE until the JT tour is completely done.

I remember a month or two ago a fan site posted a rumour that I&E tour dates would be announced sooner than expected - that could tie in to this. I guess in theory they could promote a lead single in may/throughout the JT tour, drop the album in August, promote in september, tour from october onwards...

... But these are just rumours, after all. I think the safest bet is we don't get anything from SoE until the JT tour is completely done.
U2 and 'sooner than expected'???[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Some of these tweets about this collaboration inciting u2 hate are so tiresome to read.

They haven't made being a fan very easy to the general public over the last few years.

Last edited:
It isn't pretty right?

I had some people tell me they refuse to to go Bonaroo because U2 is playing. They have gone every year since the beginning, but having Bono there.....that crossed a line.

It isn't pretty right?

I had some people tell me they refuse to to go Bonaroo because U2 is playing. They have gone every year since the beginning, but having Bono there.....that crossed a line.

If there were one headliner I despised and multiple killer acts that I really wanted to see, then it would be so absurd for me to avoid that festival just to prove a point to absolutely nobody. I hate people.

Brazilian media reports that U2 will play at Sao Paulo (October 2017). Bono said TJTT won't be extended. So will we have the album sooner than expected? Or is it "fake news"?

São Paulo assina contrato, e Morumbi vai receber dois shows do U2 em outubro | futebol / times / são paulo | Globoesporte

We've heard from a few different sauces that they'll be playing South America in October, and then Australia in November/December.

We've also heard Bono himself say there will be no more TJT 2017 shows.

If these shows happen, my guess is that they'll probably be in stadiums. Perhaps they will somehow use the bones of the JT 2017 stadium stage and modify it for the I&E Tour.

They could've hung the screen from the mouth of a volcano.

Back
Top Bottom