SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
I bet it's sample of the intro of SBS.

also, im excited that BADBADNOTGOOD is also credited on Kendrick's new album

Last edited:
I know SBS is seemingly sampled a lot. DJ Shadow has sampled that thing as well. Though that DJ Shadow song isn't in the albums but in his "best of" album

Bono's also featured at the beginning of a new Chainsmokers song ("Honest") from their album released today. It starts with a spoken recording of him sharing some advice with them and then it goes into the song (which I don't think he's part of at all).

Well they're posting on Instagram from around the world so hopefully this means SOE is done and they're taking a break before tour rehearsals.

We think that every time they go on vacation.

I think it's more they are always on vacation :)

Well they're posting on Instagram from around the world so hopefully this means SOE is done and they're taking a break before tour rehearsals.

Glad to see Bono back to aviator glasses. I hope someone "accidentally" smashed those little round ones of his.

So, it's Kendrick Lamar featuring U2. u2songs | U2 to Feature on Kendrick Lamar Album, "Damn." |

C9H8_PAUwAEMxzR.jpg:small

We're not just talking sample :hyper:

EDIT: Note there's only 1 other featured artist beside U2: Rihanna. Not your typical guest-filled hip hop album.

Last edited:
Dang. This should be cool. I'm kinda hoping it's Kendrick rapping over a U2 instrumental and there's no trace of Bono trying too hard to fit in. KL is amazing, so I'll be listening to this album regardless, but the addition of U2 is exciting.

I'll also be really interested to read about how this came about. I wonder if it came about during the whole Kygo/DJ Khaleed/Chainsmokers phase? Not that Kendrick is anywhere close to any of those DJs, but they could have just been going around recording grooves for a bunch of different artists.

Back
Top Bottom