SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
All they need to do is get some interesting sounds like that and its an easy winner for me. Would love to see some tracks that really contrast yet complement each there as well like something from the B:assmaster and the Boss FV30H. The FV30H might fit something like that track we heard with the cat in it from Edges wife last year???

I just want to listen to this album and hear some NEW sounds - thats when U2 are at their best, a cool riff and a cool pedal... Edge has been MIA for a while now.

I think even though they clearly crave hits and relevance, they're not willing to go as far as a band like coldplay, and work with say, the chainsmokers. I.e. Jumping on the sound of the day.

Whereas coldplay work with stargate and chainsmokers, u2 tried working with RedOne back when he was behind Lady Gaga's biggest hits, but they instead went with Danger Mouse.

So even though u2 want a hit, it seems they still want a level of artistic integrity and adventure.

Maybe they simply view a song like 'All my Life' as not good enough, or maybe not ambitious enough?

The Moog Moogerfooger has some interesting kinda modulated stoping thing going on... if thats the right term I am not a guitar player ha

The Electro Harmonix also has a heavy sound... kinda like the being born clip as well

For all we know though maybe this is what the floor looked like for SOI at one point.... and then things changed ha

Must stop looking at these clips don't wanna get my hopes up for this kinda thing too much and then get poppy synths.....

Last edited:
Do you remember the Fender Video (Edge's signature stratocaster) ?

There were a few snippets of a new song, the sound was great !
I hope they will go further in that direction !

PolyChorus is somewhat famous for being used by Kurt Cobain (In Utero era?) and the Edge has used one half of Cheese Sauce (separate pedal named Big Cheese).

Both The Killers and U2 have been working with Jacknife Lee and have seemingly used his studio for their upcoming albums. Would you guys like to see Brandon Flowers guest on a U2 track or Bono guest on a Killers song? I think it would be great. If not on either of their main albums, then on a B-side at least. What do you think?

I've heard All My Life, but I don't think I've heard anything about original SUC

there was a short clip on u2.com with Edge playing a proto verson of the riff. it sounded a little looser, funkier than the album version. Hard to make a judgement on the whole song based on it though. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like the clip is available any longer.

there was a short clip on u2.com with Edge playing a proto verson of the riff. it sounded a little looser, funkier than the album version. Hard to make a judgement on the whole song based on it though. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like the clip is available any longer.

Yeah I was looking for it this morning and couldn't find it. The verses and chorus were much "bigger", didn't suck ass like Stand Up Comedy. No clue why they went away from it. Could have been at least a mediocre single and build some credibility among the dreaded middle 3 of that album.

Yeah I was looking for it this morning and couldn't find it. The verses and chorus were much "bigger", didn't suck ass like Stand Up Comedy. No clue why they went away from it. Could have been at least a mediocre single and build some credibility among the dreaded middle 3 of that album.

looks like Adam's green tea video (early boots) and the video of him practicing Breathe are all that remains of music related stuff U2 > Video > Band Cam

There were three other really cool ones that are missing..
- The early version of SUC. The clip was called "quarter to four" or something like that
- a GORGEOUS instrumental version of the bridge in Winter (I think the clip was callas "Dallas")
- a really cool clip called "larry shoes" that is a piece of music unrelated to anything that made the album. This was probably the longest of the sneak peeks

Last edited:
Lillywhite's Instagram shows a video of him back in Jakarta, and someone on another forum saw a pic of Bono in Dublin.
Also Lillywhite put up a video on March 7 saying "beginning of week 2 of 4" so he and the band had planned an end date for the New York sessions in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom