SOE 18: New Tour, New Despair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2songs are so good, they certainly know their stuff, found myself visiting them a lot more this past year or so.
nice little interview with someone from the brass band on RHMT here too.

that Joshua Tree article is really great, I'd never heard those short clips you mentioned (and forgot about "Move Out", still sounds pretty cool)

you did, however, get me pretty excited at first. given the date on that video I thought these were newly unearthed snippets, like preview clips you get on iTunes, that had been leaked from some upcoming reissue! :lol: didn't realise they were from a guy trying to sell the tapes in 1996!

whoop! sorry mate. didnt mean to be misleading :wink:

Its all very confusing, as if it wasn't bad enough. Knowing how they work, if the album is pretty much done, they get in the studio and record versions of the songs they like, can you see them squirrelling the music away until later in the year and then just releasing it without more tinkering?

Generally I agree. But good songwriting is what wins out in the end. For example Depeche Mode are an incredible live band and yet they stand there mostly playing keyboards.

Ahem. Live drummer, one "keyboard" guy playing guitar live and mostly, a good frontman make all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom