SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these shows are going to take place in may/June, they'll need announced soon. Next Monday seems like a highly logical time for it, so I hope these rumors are true about Jan 9.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If they reuse the '87 stage setup does that mean Bono is going to dress like a pirate again?

If there was an announcement on monday, when would the presale begin? I don't remember what the typical timing is...

If they reuse the '87 stage setup does that mean Bono is going to dress like a pirate again?

They used the joshua tree tour stage on the innocence and experience tour

Shame shows won't be until May. Seems strange to wait 4-5 months if they are keen to get the album out and start touring it as well. Edge may have been given (and agreed to) a tinkering deadline that would let them achieve everything

dont get your hopes up for imminent new album yet, amigos

but I think there's a special promo single at some point in the next month or two. Nothing "new" - but if what I'm hearing is true, something cool nonetheless.

remember the "new mix" arrangements of Gone, Numb, etc? That's our precedent here

A Declan Gaffney rethink of Streets, and/or WOWY would be awesome

dont get your hopes up for imminent new album yet, amigos

but I think there's a special promo single at some point in the next month or two. Nothing "new" - but if what I'm hearing is true, something cool nonetheless.

remember the "new mix" arrangements of Gone, Numb, etc? That's our precedent here

By nothing "new", perhaps you are alluding to TBT...in its remixed form.:hmm:

By nothing "new", perhaps you are alluding to TBT...in its remixed form.:hmm:

I think the last para rules that out. Seems like a rework or remix of a JT song. I'm on board for a Fish Out of Water style alt take on a classic

If that was to happen, I'd bet on Bullet because Trump, or Streets because well known.

Will we get Harlem choir with Kermit voice Still Haven't Found... or the tired sing along version?

A remix of Bullet would be badass. I don't think the first 3 tracks can be touched but I'd love to be wrong.

Bono was asked if he could pick the first single for AB in 2011 his answer was Real Thing and we got a remix out of it. If asked now for TJT what do you think his answer would be?

it's looking more and more like just Joshua Tree to start the year, and (hopefully) SOE to end the year.

I'll allow it. Better than nothing... at least we get to see them live this year. Will be interesting to see what the dates and locations are.

Betting on just US and Europe again... The rest of us are starving...

Does anyone think the DJs they were meeting with have something to do with TJT instead of SOE?

I'm imagining a presale code debacle with TJT tour. IF tickets go on sale in January for a Joshua Tree show and then tickets go on sale later in the year for the resumption of the I&E tour will U2.com members get 2 presale code opportunities (one for each tour) or if only 1 code is given and you use it for TJT, are you shit out of luck for I&E?

I'm imagining a presale code debacle with TJT tour. IF tickets go on sale in January for a Joshua Tree show and then tickets go on sale later in the year for the resumption of the I&E tour will U2.com members get 2 presale code opportunities (one for each tour) or if only 1 code is given and you use it for TJT, are you shit out of luck for I&E?

I'm thinking that if there's a SOE tour coming up it may be early next year and going on sale NEXT January, hence no issues with codes?

What the flap was the Kermit voice all about anyway? Was it Bono's own creation or a result of someone telling him to sing that way (a voice coach or some such)?

Either way, I doubt he could sing this way today. So sadly the JT shows will sound nothing like they did back in 1987. I actually shudder a little at how crappy some of these songs will sound with his current day voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom