SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be cool if "Red Flag Day" was a politically charged tune that was always considered as a single and drops on Inauguration Day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If it is U2, and I'm going to say nah to that... but if it is, and they pull one of these "announce Thursday, tickets on sale Friday" garbage things, I'm gonna be pissed.

But it's not them. Probably Billy Joel.
Yeah, I have a feeling it's Billy as well. Bonnaroo will most likely be the very first announcement.

what's the typical Bonaroo lineup? just wondering
bonnaroo-2016-poster-billboard-620.jpg

Another rumor to chew on. Single at the end of this month, album in March, US and Europe tour, South America February and March of 2018. They've reported this kind of thing before last year. I think their information was correct, but plans got skewed when SOE wasn't finished and the tour was delayed.

Rumor: Anuncio del tour 2017 en enero - U2Chile.net

It's not lost on me that one of the recommended articles on u2chile at the bottom of that article claims that 'Sirens' is the name of the 2014 album

It's not lost on me that one of the recommended articles on u2chile at the bottom of that article claims that 'Sirens' is the name of the 2014 album

I think it was U2valencia who actually started the rumours/teasing about 'Siren' and 'volcano' (both of which ended up being true), so I'd guess U2Chile just reported it (unless I'm remembering things wrong).

Anyway, interesting rumour. I feel like it could make perfect sense if the album is apparently done, but then again... it could be that summer 2016 'Tightrope' single rumour all over again :shrug:

Yeah - I just have niggling doubts over it, because if the supposed 'issues' with it were minor enough that they could be fixed in a month, why did they go on holidays for a month before rehearsing for iHeart and lose that as a massive platform for the release? It was a good marketing plan that they completely lost.

I also find it hard to believe Bono hasn't written a song about Trump that he just HAS to squeeze into the album

Yeah - I just have niggling doubts over it, because if the supposed 'issues' with it were minor enough that they could be fixed in a month, why did they go on holidays for a month before rehearsing for iHeart and lose that as a massive platform for the release? It was a good marketing plan that they completely lost.

I also find it hard to believe Bono hasn't written a song about Trump that he just HAS to squeeze into the album

That's a good point, it does seem a little too good to be true for them to finish already, given that context.

But we know how fickle the band is. We got (unconfirmed) reports that all but one member signed off on a release for autumn 2016 - maybe they decided at the last possible second they weren't satisfied, and maybe they really were happy to pass up a good marketing opportunity to do that tiny bit of extra work.

After all, no matter how good a publicity opportunity is, it's still pointless if they're not happy with the final product. If they can choose between debuting a 'Boots'-quality single at the super Bowl, or releasing a 'Beautiful Day' 2 months later, they'll surely choose the latter.

I could definitely imagine a Trump song, or at least one aimed at his general way of thinking...but we know they've added songs at the last second before, like 'Volcano'.

Anyway, this is a completely random rumour, right now I think it's more interesting than exciting. Especially because I'm really worried about SoE being pushed back to accommodate JT shows, so I'm not too convinced about early 2017 album rumours.

Yeah. I really hope they get the album out before the JT shows. Not being in the US or Europe means new music always trumps shows for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom