SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pussy Riot...
But seriously, the last two times they toured NZ they had Kanye, 2006, then Jay Z in 2010. Get that young crowd in...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Wolf Alice is a great suggestion.

yeah Savages seem to be very fitting. or Preoccupations, weirdly

Oh god I cannot even begin to imagine how much the average U2 audience would hate Preoccupations.

All is quiet... on new year's day

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Tickets for this JT30 tour and/or SOE tour are going to be harder to get than the last few tours. In the last two days I've had three people asking to keep an eye out for tickets for them. None of them have been to a show in the last three tours. This is all on the back of the JT element of any said tour.

I was just thinking...if U2 doesn't sell a few "special shows" based on JT30* alone and need a supporting act, they have bigger issues than just finishing albums.

*I think this is U2's idea because the I/E tour won't go on this year but 2018 (but we will get SOE sometime in 2017) - consider the recent Larry comment on Facebook.

We'll know about Bonaroo within 10 days as that's when the festival announces their lineup.

Imagine well also know more about the bands plans by then too

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

T-10 days till endless Bonoroo headlines in news articles

I have a couple friends who;
A) Have attended every Bonnaroo festival since 2004 or so that will probably attend this year, and they also;
B) Hate U2 with a passion!

I'm gonna be genuinely entertained by their reactions! I've been occasionally browsing a Bonnaroo message board, and the reaction to U2 headlining is mostly positive. Lots of "I'd like to see them, but would never go to a U2 concert" type of comments.

I have a couple friends who;

A) Have attended every Bonnaroo festival since 2004 or so that will probably attend this year, and they also;

B) Hate U2 with a passion!

I'm gonna be genuinely entertained by their reactions! I've been occasionally browsing a Bonnaroo message board, and the reaction to U2 headlining is mostly positive. Lots of "I'd like to see them, but would never go to a U2 concert" type of comments.

Have similar experience. My ex and her friends have been going to the festival either since beginning or last few years, and they've become less and less enthusiastic about it because of what they feel is a "corporate" feel to what once was more of a inclusive feel.

They hate U2 with a passion so if they are headlining I've heard they may even consider not going.

I told them once their Ecstasy (or what is really bath salts sold as MDMA haha) kick in, they won't fucking care.

People need to get over their U2phobia. Haters secretly have 2-3 songs they love, they just can't stand Bono's self-aware douchery.

Yeah. It sounds like it's post 00-era Bono singing over a preexisting instrumental track.
My guess is they added the poem lyrics and vocal in 2004 to the track called Beautiful Ghost.

B recorded his vocals in 92 - talked during an interview then about how he had just laid down the vocals.

I was just thinking...if U2 doesn't sell a few "special shows" based on JT30* alone and need a supporting act, they have bigger issues than just finishing albums.

*I think this is U2's idea because the I/E tour won't go on this year but 2018 (but we will get SOE sometime in 2017) - consider the recent Larry comment on Facebook.

What did Larry say on Facebook?

He's been salty ever since the facial recognition stopped working for him.

U2's Larry Mullen Posts On Facebook... What Happens Next Will Shock You!
(Then click and get bombarded with ads)

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom