SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should rephrase, I'm surprised more people aren't in a panic over the fact that U2 is going to potentially sit on the album until Q4, which in my opinion, only enhances the risk of them 2nd guessing and tweaking it to where they eventually back out.

Because I'm 43 years old and I don't have the mental bandwidth or energy to panic about these chuckleheads anymore.

Do what you're gonna do, U2 gents. I'll take whatever you throw at us, but I'm over trying to analyze and guess your actions (or lack thereof).

Because I'm 43 years old and I don't have the mental bandwidth or energy to panic about these chuckleheads anymore.

Do what you're gonna do, U2 gents. I'll take whatever you throw at us, but I'm over trying to analyze and guess your actions (or lack thereof).

This

Just to recap, because this is so ... unbelievable: A few months back we had a beach clip of a potential new song called "The Best Thing". Then an upcoming young DJ called Kygo plays a remix of this very song. Then we hear rumours about SOE songs being rehearsed for the iHeart performance.

Now... January 2017: We talk about a Best-Of / Joshua Tree Anniversary Mini-Tour.

SOE won't come soon I guess. Between US/EU leg at the earliest... rather Sept. 2017.

But hey... we get a remix of a 30 year old song..... what is going on with U2?

Not that I wouldn't enjoy a good TJT Show, but still...

Fair enough. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using U2 Interference mobile app

Just to recap, because this is so ... unbelievable: A few months back we had a beach clip of a potential new song called "The Best Thing". Then an upcoming young DJ called Kygo plays a remix of this very song. Then we hear rumours about SOE songs being rehearsed for the iHeart performance.

Now... January 2017: We talk about a Best-Of / Joshua Tree Anniversary Mini-Tour.

SOE won't come soon I guess. Between US/EU leg at the earliest... rather Sept. 2017.

But hey... we get a remix of a 30 year old song..... what is going on with U2?

Not that I wouldn't enjoy a good TJT Show, but still...
Hopefully we get some idea soon...

Someone mentioned "the best thing" can anyone share a link to listen? It's been awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hope a lot of these rumors are not true. I can live with a few 'special' JT shows, but this looks like the band might be moving squarely into milking the hits heritage act territory - maybe out of pressure from Live Nation, maybe lack of confidence in their new songs, maybe something else - but regardless I thought they had more pride than that.

If nothing else I thought Larry would stop them.

Really hoping this is an SOE tour with a few JT shows thrown in in major markets.

Maybe I should rephrase, I'm surprised more people aren't in a panic over the fact that U2 is going to potentially sit on the album until Q4, which in my opinion, only enhances the risk of them 2nd guessing and tweaking it to where they eventually back out.

2nd guessing? I'd guess they are past 2nd guessing SOE. Probably up to 10th guessing by now. And still counting.

Seriously... play the JT shows, release SOE and then quit. Please.

I do, however, reserve the right to start giving a shit again at any time. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Love people complaining about "heritage acts". Yeah how dare U2 play good songs they feel strongly about! What fan wants to hear that?

I'm still a bit perplexed as to the fact that they're still going with the idea of Innocence and Experience tour when the innocence part has been over for so long now..too much of a gap.

Do you get perplexed when you have to wait that long between movie sequels?

Do you get perplexed when you have to wait that long between movie sequels?

No I dont. If bands take a break mid-tour, and plan to continue the same tour, their break isn't several years.

How can they be in the same mental space regarding songs, theme, and stage with such a long break?

Sure, take a multi year break, but don't say it's the same tour. It just feels odd and disjointed. IMHO.

No I dont. If bands take a break mid-tour, and plan to continue the same tour, their break isn't several years.

How can they be in the same mental space regarding songs, theme, and stage with such a long break?

Sure, take a multi year break, but don't say it's the same tour. It just feels odd and disjointed. IMHO.

Because it's a sequel. It's the second part of the mental space. There's Innocence and Experience. I find it bizarre people are getting so hung up on this.

Because it's a sequel. It's the second part of the mental space. There's Innocence and Experience. I find it bizarre people are getting so hung up on this.

Lol but then you have the JT thing which pollutes the timeline.

Unless somehow the JT thing and SOE will be interlinked. But that seems unlikely given the rumours.

Even if the I&E tour doesn't resume until 2018, literally nobody will think anything of the 2.5-3 year gap between shows, except for a small few on the message boards. Most people will either not notice, or not care.

Other than the screen, the I&E stage is pretty generic. Just a stage, walkway and a b stage. They could have that same arena setup for the rest of their career and nobody would care, just dress it up a little differently here and there.

The 4 men who in 1991 were bold enough to liken their new sound to chopping it down now hang Christmas ornaments on it. I don't know what I'm feeling at this point. I'll attend for certain but it's kinda over isn't it? Prove me wrong U2!

So dramatic lol! Those 4 men in 1991 were 25 years younger than now! It was a totally different era and time. You have to accept that u2 is much older now and will not achieve those things ever again! When you can accept that, you will enjoy u2 more at this stage of their career!

So dramatic lol! Those 4 men in 1991 were 25 years younger than now! It was a totally different era and time. You have to accept that u2 is much older now and will not achieve those things ever again! When you can accept that, you will enjoy u2 more at this stage of their career!

The SOI shows I saw in 2015 were some of the best I've seen! I'm going all the way back to TUF...I've just always enjoyed the forward looking band that takes a few chances.

Even if the I&E tour doesn't resume until 2018, literally nobody will think anything of the 2.5-3 year gap between shows, except for a small few on the message boards. Most people will either not notice, or not care.

Other than the screen, the I&E stage is pretty generic. Just a stage, walkway and a b stage. They could have that same arena setup for the rest of their career and nobody would care, just dress it up a little differently here and there.

While it seems a little ridiculous to me to take a 2+ year gap between legs of a tour, you're probably right. Frankly, U2 could pull out the stage from 360 or Vertigo or Elevation even and nobody would notice other than people who will buy tickets anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom