SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we need 2017 to be mentioned specifically to know what "dress rehearsal" means ?

In fairness, the fact that it was removed does raise questions. It could have one of many meanings, or none at all. One thing this means for sure is that they plan on touring. Glad we haven't lost that... yet.

Mention of U2 tour in 2017 has been removed from the Omaze promo wording

Cx8o3FTW8AAgOX4.jpg

I'm sad. I was looking forward to next year. :sad:

It feels like Bono's appearance as Macphisto last night is totally overshadowed by people freaking out about the change of wording in that website blurb about the dress rehearsal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just got around to watching the other videos. So the way Bono describes it, it's actually not necessarily a dress rehearsal, but a private show. I guess just Bono talking like Bono does. Not necessarily fully accurate. But imagine. Actually that would probably be a bit weird.

Just got around to watching the other videos. So the way Bono describes it, it's actually not necessarily a dress rehearsal, but a private show. I guess just Bono talking like Bono does. Not necessarily fully accurate. But imagine. Actually that would probably be a bit weird.

Um, what?! Probably makes sense as to why they changed the language.

Last edited:

Sorry, that's not what I meant. He specifically talked about playing infront of two people. So "private" in that sense. But I'd say it's just Bono saying slightly inaccurate things. I wouldn't take his word on that (or anything else U2 related).

At one point be and Jimmy playfully described it as the band coming together for a private show for one (or two) because it makes the prize sound more special than "a pass to watch our soundcheck." It also skirts the issue of them mentioning a tour or show which hasn't been announced.

He really couldn't have described the prize any other way without making a future concert/tour seem imminent. The important thing is it still says "dress rehearsal" and the legal terms haven't changed from "TBD 2017."

Yeah hopefully it's a more a case of getting rid of any mention of a tour simply so they get to be the ones to announce it with all the bangs and whistles.

You'd think the band('s management) would have checked what was being put out on the website beforehand though. Unless they suddenly decided to scrap an entire album/tour in the last 48 hours.

I'm sad. I was looking forward to next year. :sad:

Chill, just a mismacth between U2 and RED. And true, our ways did not apartt like I suggested after that horrific iHeart gig. There was a silver lining to that weekend. I discovered the future of music, Twenty One Pilots. I'm so happy I stayed up that morning and vitnessed a phenomenal set on of theirs. Finally a band I can dig with my 11y daughter.

It feels like Bono's appearance as Macphisto last night is totally overshadowed by people freaking out about the change of wording in that website blurb about the dress rehearsal.

I agree. I thought there would be much more attention on Macphisto's return. I wonder if this is a one-time thing or we'll see him again on the next tour. Hopefully the latter.

I wouldn't rule out seeing more of MacPhisto, but it was most likely a one-time thing. Can you imagine him making calls on stage again? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom