SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the U2start source confirming it was cancelled:

Alright guys, no joke, just got this text - Bono bailed.

Through a few industry connections, I'd caught wind that a contract was signed for Bono to perform The Best Thing with Kygo tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. I let the crew know about this roughly 2 weeks or so ago and shared a few teasers here to amp up suspicion / hype / etc. I checked with my source before I posted, and he confirmed that everything was still on.

Well, I know a guy working the show tonight, and rehearsals and the backstage have been prepared. Bono is not on site, and through him asking around a little bit, the contract was broken and the original agreement won't be honored. He just snagged a copy of the setlist for tonight (yes, DJs still use setlists), and The Best Thing does not appear on it.

There will, however, be another special guest at the show tonight to perform a different Kygo song, in lieu of Bono. He's confirmed to be there, has rehearsed, has a dressing room, etc....but it won't be our Bono.

I want to let you guys know that I've been a faithful member of this website for almost a decade and that I would never intentionally spread misinformation - that's why I'm writing this post to you to unveil a bit (that could probably get me in a considerable amount of trouble if it got traced back to me), because I take my reputation seriously and I want to be trustworthy. I stand by the fact that everything I threw into the rumor mill, at the time it was stated, was true.

Apologies for hyping everything up, but perhaps take this to mean everything is much closer than we are anticipating.

If you need further confirmation that I'm not totally pulling your legs, check out what happens tonight at Kygo's show - I hear it's supposed to be hot...hot just like an oven. (Someone around here should be smart enough to put that together)

-MG

U2start.com | The Best Thing [with Kygo]

What kind of contracts need to be signed to jump on stage for one song?

Bono past up a chance to be on stage?

Don't buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's official! Email from u2.com confirms they are heading back to the studio. And they're only a week or two late, must be a record for them. Or maybe they are actually breaking news of autumn 2008 when they were heading back to the studio to mine some more songs for no line :lol:

I'm pretty sure no one here actually expected that Kygo appearance to happen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

"I want to let you guys know that I've been a faithful member of this website for almost a decade and that I would never intentionally spread misinformation - that's why I'm writing this post to you to unveil a bit (that could probably get me in a considerable amount of trouble if it got traced back to me), because I take my reputation seriously and I want to be trustworthy. I stand by the fact that everything I threw into the rumor mill, at the time it was stated, was true."

Did his name happen to be Stand Corrected?

They did... and then went to the studio for several times. I wonder how much material from the road will survive... it's quite clear the band is fearing failures. They could have had released far more no-album tracks as ' Invisible' or 'Ordinary Love'. I would have loved a single release for 'Mercy'..... 'North Star'.... 'Boy falls from the sky'.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Original Mercy was better than tour version, to my ears.

Your version was already released in an EP, Wide Awake In Europe.

Boy Falls From The Sky has already been released, Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark soundtrack.

North Star was in the Tranformers movie.

Maybe an EP of all three? Could be cool. Original or Newly recorded 'Mercy' would be cool. All U2 version of 'Boy Falls...'? Could be good. And a full band version of 'North Star'? I'd love that.

But it seems unlikely. Those might be left for some 'eventual' box set

Is Bono actually in Hollywood atm or back in ireland?

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Bono only? If true, it makes me think that this might be a Kygo song Feat. U2.

I know we thought that what we heard in the beach clip was a non-remix version but who really knows. Either way.....blah!

That guy is just trying to cover his ass now that he made started a rom our and nothing happened! I call total bs too on what he said! Just trying to get attention by letting people think he was in the know when clearly he wasn't!

If I'm not mistaken about who he is, then he is a well known member of the fan community and doesn't need to make up a rumour to get attention. I find some of you here a bit too quick and self-assured in calling others liars...
Regarding the app: wasn't there something similar at some point in the past? In any case I don't think this is what's holding back the release of SOE.

If I'm not mistaken about who he is, then he is a well known member of the fan community and doesn't need to make up a rumour to get attention. I find some of you here a bit too quick and self-assured in calling others liars...
Regarding the app: wasn't there something similar at some point in the past? In any case I don't think this is what's holding back the release of SOE.
I'm pretty self assured that this story was a steaming pile of crap

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me about this is that the one rule about having a source is that you have to be a bit secretive about what they know and what their position is. This guy shows no care in the world. If he did have a source, I bet he doesn't anymore.

And some are too quick to believe everything they read on the internet. His lies lack basic sense.

Exactly. It seems they can't even figure out what to do with ONE song (The Best Thing) so an EP wouldn't be any different

Yes, when you believe every internet rumor and speculation, it would seem that way, yet reality is something much different.

Bono broke the contract with my heart :(

No new music this year

And I tried to sing
But I couldn’t think of anything
And that was the hardest part

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

There's a difference between saying "I think he made it up because ..." and "That's bullshit."
Without anything real to discuss the next few months are gonna be looong. I sincerely hope there's gonna be some sort of official statement but I doubt it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom