SOE 14: The Morning after Meltdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, desire was pretty awesome. The rest nothing outstanding, all the crowd seemed to dig pride and one. Didn't watch elevation or ebw.

Question: Did they say at any time that the new album would be out this year?

I remember saying that the only way I would feel a little disappointed in them is if they didn't release an album this year. But now, post-meltdown I am looking back with a bit of doubt at what I led myself to believe as opposed to what information is actually out there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Is there one with new album talk? I'm just curious what they said, how they said it, and what their inflections were!

I just watched the entire show on youtube (except Every Breaking Wave, which I can't seem to locate). I feel better after seeing it. They did a pretty decent job, it was probably much better to see it in person. It's not like anybody expected them to bust out "Dirty Day" or "I threw a brick" for this thing. But I was hoping for a new single, like everyone else. There will be more little trinkets of information over the next few months. Keep in mind they have a gig at Dreamforce coming up in a couple week. While that will also just be a greatest hits setlist, maybe we'll have more information at that point.

For me, I'm fine with waiting until 2017. We'll at least have the single in less than 4 months (HOPEFULLY!!!). From the sounds of it, they want it to be early 2017. Probably a single in January, album Feb/March, then from what Joe O said tour in April.

I admittedly did a cursory search and stumbled upon this. Will post if I find it.

Just playing devils avocado... would debuting a new song at a festival where your performance wasn't even televised and at a really late start time on the west coast really be a good idea? It wouldn't hurt.... But I'm sure once the time comes U2's brute force promotion will kick in and not debuting anything last night won't even matter.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Exactly.

Yeah...I like the idea that the entire world would somehow be taking about U2's new song today, had they played it. No, most likely just we would. And exactly when were we promised a new song anyway ?

As for vocals, good first two songs, weak for BD/Elevation, a little better for Pride (indeed, let King sing) and back to good for One and EBW and SHFWILF.

Any more pro shot stuff?

Some audience shot videos of all songs except EBW earlier in this thread, don't think any pro shot is out there. I just stumbled across Desire ending.

Hope some of this rediscovered zest for political commentary makes its way onto the album. Don't mean it in the tepid way of crumbs, more like bullet, sbs, rbw.

Hope some of this rediscovered zest for political commentary makes its way onto the album. Don't mean it in the tepid way of crumbs, more like bullet, sbs, rbw.

Trump is the catalyst for a new classic U2 album!

I can understand why a lot of non u2 people despise Bono. I would be bloody pissed off as well if a foreigner comes into my country and tells me who I should vote for. Stick to the music Bono and enough with the preaching - most of us are over it.

I can understand why a lot of non u2 people despise Bono. I would be bloody pissed off as well if a foreigner comes into my country and tells me who I should vote for. Stick to the music Bono and enough with the preaching - most of us are over it.

Yeah how dare somebody have an opinion on politics if they aren't born within a specific area. Nobody should have opinions on anything beyond their own patch of ground. Broad engagement and awareness should be condemned!

I don't like Bono's politics but this post is hilarious.

Clearly half of America is retarded though. At some point, you all need to step into the room of mirrors and realise that this whole thing was one big fucking joke, and now the rest of us are shit scared by this stupidity.

Imagine people coming to America and doing that. The guy who sits in the oval office has nothing at all to do with the wider world beyond the border (walls), right?

Clearly half of America is retarded though. At some point, you all need to step into the room of mirrors and realise that this whole thing was one big fucking joke, and now the rest of us are shit scared by this stupidity.

I don't think he will come to power, fingers stitched cross. But even without that, the base of one of the two major parties nominating someone who has said and done the things trump has will take some living down

I don't think he will come to power, fingers stitched cross. But even without that, the base of one of the two major parties nominating someone who has said and done the things trump has will take some living down

It won't be lived down. It is unacceptable.

I don't think there will be a new album, and therefore no tour.

They are aware of their tendency to over cook songs and I think that's the conclusion they'll come to.

I think SOE will become a brand new idea/album for 2018/2019

Just my thought. By 2017 it'll have been two years since they last toured. Doesn't make much sense to continue on a tour the general public has long forgotten

Think everyone deserves a say on the whole Trump farce seeing as the American presidential race effects the whole world and is the most important job going.

God help us if you americans vote trump in. Hate with hate = war!

I don't think there will be a new album, and therefore no tour.

They are aware of their tendency to over cook songs and I think that's the conclusion they'll come to.

I think SOE will become a brand new idea/album for 2018/2019

Just my thought. By 2017 it'll have been two years since they last toured. Doesn't make much sense to continue on a tour the general public has long forgotten

This. I'm betting that we'll receive a "We've written new songs and we want to see where they'll take us" probably around next March when everyone is wondering where the heck the album is.

Guessing late 2018/early 2019 and the album is titled something completely different.

This. I'm betting that we'll receive a "We've written new songs and we want to see where they'll take us" probably around next March when everyone is wondering where the heck the album is.

Guessing late 2018/early 2019 and the album is titled something completely different.

OMG, I can just hear Bono saying those exact words. It's completely possible. 3 days ago, half the people on this board were certain we'd be listening to a new single right now. There is no reason to fully believe we'll get an album next year either. I know, I know, "But Bono said there will be an album/tour in 2017!" He also said that, but BONO LIES!!!

Seriously, people. This is a band that has blazed right through deadlines and release dates for 20 years now... it's seriously part of what they do. I think the only album that has come out when it was intended for in the last 20 years is ATYCLB. Literally all the others (including POP) were pushed back from their original intended release dates.

So how long will it be (if ever) until they announce the I+E tour as we know it has wrapped up?

Still pretty confident we will get an album next year, it's not just bono who has said it

So how long will it be (if ever) until they announce the I+E tour as we know it has wrapped up?

They'll never actually admit to that. They'll just disappear for a while and act like nothing happened.

But hey! At least we'll get a lot of Instagram pics of the band on vacation! [emoji1]

They'll never actually admit to that. They'll just disappear for a while and act like nothing happened.

But hey! At least we'll get a lot of Instagram pics of the band on vacation! [emoji1]

So much negativity and depression around lately

Edge to release solo concept album Music to Watch County Fairs To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom