So with NO Propaganda, how to get early tix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Wristband policy?

Sometimes when tickets go on sale if there is more than a certain amount of people in line, the store will hand out numbered wristbands and then draw a number. Whatever number they pick becomes number one so it is possible for the first person in line not to get tickets and the last person in line to be first. It kind of sucks but it's supposed to somehow prevent scalping and keep people from spending the night outside a store in advance of an on sale.

Yes, I think alot of us will miss Propaganda next tour. I have purchased tickets through them for every tour since Joshua Tree and I have had some great seats and tickets. But Prop had a limit typically and I was never able to get all the tickets I wanted through Prop for every tour. So I had to take my chances with Ticketmaster and/or try to find tickets from other fans. I found that things always worked out. If U2 plays stadiums getting tickets wont be a huge problem, if they do arenas only things could get difficult in the major markets. But we had a pretty good ticket exchange working here and a few other tour sites last time. I would imagine things will be similiar. I guess we will have to deal with just being happy to get tickets next time out and only getting GREAT seats for a couple shows rather than all of them. That is unless you are completely loaded and can go to scalpers for most of your ticket needs.

Personally I'am taking the approach someone else mentioned on this thread. I have been up front for U2 so many times over the years I'am just going for being in the building this time out. If great seats result, so be it, if not, no problem, as long as I have a ticket.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
Sometimes when tickets go on sale if there is more than a certain amount of people in line, the store will hand out numbered wristbands and then draw a number. Whatever number they pick becomes number one so it is possible for the first person in line not to get tickets and the last person in line to be first. It kind of sucks but it's supposed to somehow prevent scalping and keep people from spending the night outside a store in advance of an on sale.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Hmm, I don't think I'm keen on that policy. Anyone have any idea how hard it is to get tickets in Australia, what the situation will be like here? I was also thinking of going to the US for a show or two, but maybe not at this rate ...

Hmm...well, I think we still have one Propaganda issue to go right? They haven't totally folded have they? If I were them, I would do what they did before with the Prop pre-sale and send order forms to people who had subscriptions as of Dec. 31 or whatever. Also, I would be willing to pay $15 a year for premium access to show info, special web stuff, etc. if it also meant I got access to ticket sales before the Ticketmaster pre-sale. Bowie does this and had a fans only show in NYC last year with ticket buyers coming from the group of people who paid for access to the site. Most scalpers aren't willing to pay for access.

I don't know -- I've just had too many times with Coldplay, etc. when the fans only pre-sale was a nightmare.

Also, for one of the shows during Elevation, I was able to get tickets the day of in the cancellation line. I was 30 in line and got some decent seats. People who got in line at 2pm got GA seats. So its definitely possible to get tickets the day of. Legal scalpers usually toss them back to the venue the day of the show since they can't sell them.

sharky said:
Hmm...well, I think we still have one Propaganda issue to go right? They haven't totally folded have they? If I were them, I would do what they did before with the Prop pre-sale and send order forms to people who had subscriptions as of Dec. 31 or whatever.

Prop hasn't been accepting new subscribers for nearly a year. It's not set in stone but I'm putting my money on the Prop book being the last issue of the magazine.

sharky said:
Hmm...well, I think we still have one Propaganda issue to go right? They haven't totally folded have they? If I were them, I would do what they did before with the Prop pre-sale and send order forms to people who had subscriptions as of Dec. 31 or whatever.

Right, but they haven't been accepting new subscriptions. I've been trying to subscribe for maybe two years now, specifically because of a situation like this where there's the possibility that subscribers would still have an advantage during the next tour, but never had any chance. So if they're going to send order forms to subscribers, then they should give everyone the chance to subscribe.

Since there doesn't seem to be an effective strategy, I think I'll just send money the way of my more concert-experienced friends and hope they can come out on top.

senrab said:

LOL....from a fellow Buffalonian.

Hey senrab, so you know what I'm saying. We know we are going to get tix!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only fan in the area. Pleased tameetcha!

I think the best thing to do, would be to have General Admission again.I bought 2 GA tickets online through ticket master for the Tampa 12/1 show and didn't have any problems.I ended up being right in front of the stage.I think this way gives everyone a chance to be up front.

I have a question though.I live in los angeles now, and wanted to know how Ticketmaster works for buying tickets in larger cities that have multiple shows. Like,by the time you buy your tickets for the first night, arn't all of the good tickets for the second night gone? I know that probably sounds stupid.

One more thing, is there a U2 ticket trading forum? For Springsteen it's backstreets.com

TiaraGurl said:
clearly i need to travel to buffalo

:wave: come on over tiaragirl, join all the other out-of-towners that know where to get tix to a U2 concert. we'll meet before the show and share a few pops

Axver said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Hmm, I don't think I'm keen on that policy. Anyone have any idea how hard it is to get tickets in Australia, what the situation will be like here? I was also thinking of going to the US for a show or two, but maybe not at this rate ...

tickets will be extremely hard...and sell out VERY quickley, thats just a guess.....but its likeley
i'm going to stay home from school on the day ;), assuming tickets go on sale for aussie shows (if any) late this year
best thing is to get them online....and make sure you have broadband (so i dont know what i'm going to do) then if you miss out head straight to ebay....or check the local papers

since i've finally got a job i'm planning on going to see them in Melbourne, Sydney, Adeliade and Brisbane...perth is a little to far out for me....but i still will get 4-6 shows
i'm getting my tickets off the intnernet as my first try, it will be diffrent for some places....i know in melbourne it will propberbley be TicketMaster, and for NSW i think its ticketek...but we will have to wait till later this year

If I were a Buffalo resident, I wouldn't get so comfortable. :wink:

If U2 should shortchange Southern Ontario (all 6+ million of us), expect a load of us to come over. A couple of hours from Toronto? I'm in.

bono_man2002 said:
i'm going to stay home from school on the day ;), assuming tickets go on sale for aussie shows (if any) late this year
best thing is to get them online....and make sure you have broadband (so i dont know what i'm going to do) then if you miss out head straight to ebay....or check the local papers

Yeah, well the current strategy I've devised is I'll go line up - with my mobile phone - my Mum'll be on the landline back here, and I'll get my friend with cable Internet to try as well. Or he can use my ADSL so that everyone's not totally split up. I don't think we can lose that way. It's just a shame the different states have different ticket agencies, though we got tickets for the AFL Grand Final through an agency up here so I should be able to get tickets to other states easily enough.

I'll definitely be at Brisbane and Melbourne, probably Sydney, and I think I might know someone who can get me really good tickets in Perth so I might go there. Adelaide would be cool, but I don't know. If they go to NZ, I'll definitely go there - good way to visit relatives but not have to spend too much time with them!

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
accomodation and airfares are what you have to work out next

Yeah, that'll be annoying, especially because my eyesight prohibits me from driving. Hopefully someone will come with me or something ... the costs really will be a pain. I'm hoping I'll be able to stay with people I know in Melbourne and Perth.

Let's just hope they don't come at the same time as a major sporting event. If they do, that'll mean money won't be our only worry ... I know how nightmarish it was to get accommodation during AFL Grand Final time down in Melbourne.

Back
Top Bottom