So who actually played it first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm no expert but the Croatia station had the 1st recording available to download from U2 fans.

Then a very super cool fan was fortunate enough to let all of us know about the pristine file on U2 Valencia. TY, I'm sorry I don't know your identity but that made my month!!!!!!!!

I think that a station in Belgium was the first to actually play it ...

The edge 102.1 here in toronto started playing clips of it THURSDAY afternoon From roughly 1-3pm. Apperently, because of the edge "threatening" to play a crappy mp3 of the song on the air ( probably a mp3 ripped from the fanning show) universal released the song to them at 4:30pm. By 4:40 pm, they stopped whatever song was playing and put it on the air, making them the FIRST in NOrth america.

mike

first playing of Vertigo that was (announced before) available on the net (this forum, of course) was the version from the Croatian "Otvoreni" radio.
Don't know how many times played before, but no one does...:huh:

For the record it was on the air in Boston by 5pm. 101.7 FNX, 104.1 WBCN and 95.5 BRU from Providence all had it on by Thursday evening.

if anyone still hasnt heard it go here and listen to today show - they were the first to play it on english radio i believe (may be wrong) , but anyway - its here if u want to listen

bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/runningorder/index.shtml

go there (www dot first) and click on listen to today show - then click on fast foward till about 1hour 20mins, and sit back and relax

what a tune!!!!

who played it first ?

apparently "the Mix" in Phoenix played it twice on MONDAY (!) i dont know how everyone missed it ... so they truly had the worldwide premiere

now theres an idea.
i could call up for the competiton from here in australia.
win the ipod
sell it on ebay to make up for phone costs heheh.

i was hoping someone would do that here in australia...did they?

withnailandi said:
if anyone still hasnt heard it go here and listen to today show - they were the first to play it on english radio i believe (may be wrong) , but anyway - its here if u want to listen

bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/runningorder/index.shtml

go there (www dot first) and click on listen to today show - then click on fast foward till about 1hour 20mins, and sit back and relax

what a tune!!!!

Dave Fanning had it on 2FM before BBC had it.

MunkyMan said:
The edge 102.1 here in toronto started playing clips of it THURSDAY afternoon From roughly 1-3pm. Apperently, because of the edge "threatening" to play a crappy mp3 of the song on the air ( probably a mp3 ripped from the fanning show) universal released the song to them at 4:30pm. By 4:40 pm, they stopped whatever song was playing and put it on the air, making them the FIRST in NOrth america.

mike

That's actually incorrect, although the Edge is feeding this BS today.

I was in my car, stuck on the Gardiner when the song premiered at 4:30 on the Mix 99.9. When it ended, The Edge was still at the point of loading the song on their network and they played it at 4:38.

So I was thinking I would have to wait till Friday to hear Vertigo, nope! Thursday here in Orlando O-Rock 105.9 played it. Then right after they played it they were like what the hell we can do whatever we want and played it 4 more times in a row. Next time you hear it on the radio turn it up as loud as you can cause it sounds real nice like that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom