So When are U2 Going to Put out a NEW album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
I know, I know, Bomb just came out yesterday, but I have had it for a few weeks now and I was thinking.

My hope is that U2 will be inspired by the tour and put out another album quickly. But, if they do it will probably sound a lot like this one. Not bad in my mind, but I would like to see U2 do something more in the line of UF & Zooropa again as far as the atmospherics go.

What do you think? Will it be another 4 year wait?

no, honestly maybe 2005/06 i can see an 11 track lp full of weird yet wonderful stuff

I'd like to think it will be less than 4 years this time ... but these guys don't seem to be getting prolific as they age:

Zooropa ---> POP = almost 4 years
POP ----> ATYCLB = 3.5 years
ATYCLB ---> HTDAAB = over 4 years

It'll be a while. That's just how it is. But we always seem to get some new songs one way or the other in the meantime.

Remember that Bono has been busy with his world peace campaign, making the album itself has taken, what, a year?
I don't think they've worked on the album for four years.

2007 is my guess...
:(

strannix said:
I'd like to think it will be less than 4 years this time ... but these guys don't seem to be getting prolific as they age:

Zooropa ---> POP = almost 4 years
POP ----> ATYCLB = 3.5 years
ATYCLB ---> HTDAAB = over 4 years

It'll be a while. That's just how it is. But we always seem to get some new songs one way or the other in the meantime.

No offense but as you age (like me) the years fly by.
I still remember the day ATYCLB came out like yesterday's news....:|

If you hadn't pointed out that it's been 4 yrs since then...I'd think it was 2 yrs calendar be damned.

A Zooropa will never happen again the band hasn't that fire in them like they had then, nor creativity also. I know that I would like to hear the album they were going to put out a year ago with out Lilywhites overproduction, now that would be interesting to hear.

i'll actually guess early 2007. i think it may actually hit the band that they don't have all that much time left, and they'll try to work faster. hopefully they don't rush it out though.

for Zooropa they were reaching a new audience with ZooTV and that audience only liked the techno side so to keep them tuned they wernt gonna wait 4 years and throw out a Joshua Tree, so Zooropa came out and it has good songs, but in my opinion was rushed, but if they want to rush another album to get it out 2006 then ok im all up for it

I think U2 has safely re-established itself with the last 2 records and we could expect something more on the experimental side in the future. I think the thing U2 has to watch out for now is doing experimental stuff for the sake of doing experimental stuff. I can see critics really bashing U2 if they try to do too much trickery as they will say they are a bunch of old geasers trying to stay relevant. Hell you even see some of the reviews bashing our boys for sounding too much like U2. I really think they are in a no win situation at this point in their career. I still find it amazing though that U2 could make such a great record like HTDAAB 25 years after their start.

HTDAAB truely is an amazing thing, just considering how long this band has been together. I hope that the band might put out like an 8-song EP suring the tour of just balls-to-the-walls rock and roll songs. I don't care if they are too repetitive or dont have much depth, some rock n' roll during the tour woudl kick ass!

by the way, Vertigo, LAPOE and All Because of You are awsome, and give give this album just the right amount of rocking-ness to make it perfect. Crumbs and COBL are also pretty rocking, but in a more JT type way.

Well, don't forget Passengers came out between Zooropa and Pop, so really they had albums in

1991 AB
1993 Zoo
1995 Pass
1997 POP
2000 All That
2004 BOMB

I really hope we get an EP or something next year. What kind of Best-Of 2000-2010 will they have if there are only 3 albums?

rjhbonovox said:
A Zooropa will never happen again the band hasn't that fire in them like they had then, nor creativity also. I know that I would like to hear the album they were going to put out a year ago with out Lilywhites overproduction, now that would be interesting to hear.

Hi Jick-Part 2! How's it going! Always so cheerful reading your posts. :yes:

While you have a point, I also think you're being too harsh.

"Zooropa" was fun and U2 had the songs. I think they have the songs now as well (as evidenced by the rare tracks on the digital box set) and they could have, in theory, used those songs as a spin-off album.

The trouble is, when a group is as big as U2, it's tough to just do a little one-off album. Something quick and fun would be a blast, yet based on the reaction to HTDAAB and the new rare songs in the box set, there's just no pleasing people. Hence, I think U2 are forced - due to their success - to not release quickly. It's a shame, but that's the price of fame.

kawai17 said:
I'm actually waiting for the album AFTER the next album...2011 is going to rock!!!!

:laugh: Your right U2 is going to blow us away in 2011. I hope they play Mofo.

doctorwho said:

Hi Jick-Part 2! How's it going! Always so cheerful reading your posts. :yes:

While you have a point, I also think you're being too harsh.

"Zooropa" was fun and U2 had the songs. I think they have the songs now as well (as evidenced by the rare tracks on the digital box set) and they could have, in theory, used those songs as a spin-off album.

The trouble is, when a group is as big as U2, it's tough to just do a little one-off album. Something quick and fun would be a blast, yet based on the reaction to HTDAAB and the new rare songs in the box set, there's just no pleasing people. Hence, I think U2 are forced - due to their success - to not release quickly. It's a shame, but that's the price of fame.

I don't see why? How is it they could do this 11 years ago but are now too big to do it now. Are U2 in the pockets of record company execs now?

rjhbonovox said:

I don't see why? How is it they could do this 11 years ago but are now too big to do it now. Are U2 in the pockets of record company execs now?

lol

there is no way this kid is a day older than 14 ..... oh shit ..... I just hat a thought as I was writting that.

What if he is retarded. Then I would be making fun of a retarded kid on the internet.

Can you go to hell for that?

Dalton said:

lol

there is no way this kid is a day older than 14 ..... oh shit ..... I just hat a thought as I was writting that.

What if he is retarded. Then I would be making fun of a retarded kid on the internet.

Can you go to hell for that?

Ha! post of the year!

honestly, a little criticism here and there is ok, but when it gets to the point where the guy can't say anything nice about the band, then i don't see the point of giving him the right to post here.

mikal said:

Ha! post of the year!

honestly, a little criticism here and there is ok, but when it gets to the point where the guy can't say anything nice about the band, then i don't see the point of giving him the right to post here.

Hey if you don't like the band. Fine. If you don't like this album. Fine (I don't like ATYCLB much). But don't try to church it up in rhetoric that you can't back up. "The Edge is not doing anything innovative on this album....", "U2 care only about selling records not art.....". For the love of God, he sounds like my little sister talking about middle school.

Sorry Bono, clearly reason isn't on ALL of our sides.....

I really hope they'll release a Live cd of this next tour. I know they did 2 dvd's from Elevation (do that again please!) but I just wanted a live cd too.
I mean, Bootlegs aside, what Official Live cd's have they done?

UABRS
WAIA (Only 2 Live songs)
Rattle And Hum (Only half Live)
Popheart EP
Popmart - Live in Mexico (Fan Club Only)

Have I forgotten anything? Id've loved that Slane gig to have been released on CD aswell as DVD...
:sad:

I would love to see U2 do something risky musically without the posturing and swagger we saw in the early 90's, don't get me wrong, I loved U2 in the ZooTV era but it would be real great to see them do something more innovative than ATYCLB and HTDAAB while not having any over the top antics (think Popmart era stage costumes) that would look rediculous on middle aged men. Like the flag waving in the mid-80's all these antics worked wonderfully at the time, but in 2006 I would love for these guys to get serious about being innovative again without all the window dressing we had the first time around.

Hola amigos:wave:

Well, things aren´t good for U2, to be honest. Fans are very polarized and all reviews shows mixed feeling of this album :shocked:
I don´t know, many fans disliked ( including me ) ATYCLB, but given the album sold 11 million copies worldwide, U2 could rest for 4 years. If this album reach 8 or 9 million copies they´ll take another loooooooong rest :sad: but if the album sell no more than 5 or 6 million copies ( half from what U2 wanted ) they can´t allow a 4-year break. Only time will tell. I really hope something NEW, I mean, NEW !!! by 2006 :yes:

:wave:

ponkine said:
Hola amigos:wave:

Well, things aren´t good for U2, to be honest. Fans are very polarized and all reviews shows mixed feeling of this album :shocked:
I don´t know, many fans disliked ( including me ) ATYCLB, but given the album sold 11 million copies worldwide, U2 could rest for 4 years. If this album reach 8 or 9 million copies they´ll take another loooooooong rest :sad: but if the album sell no more than 5 or 6 million copies ( half from what U2 wanted ) they can´t allow a 4-year break. Only time will tell. I really hope something NEW, I mean, NEW !!! by 2006 :yes:

:wave:

:|

how are things not good for U2? that is the most rediculous statement i've read in a while!

Back
Top Bottom