So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So looks like we still have another 4 weeks before we hear anything. Unless U2.com releases more clips (which it has been pretty silent for a while now). Would seem it would make sense for them to keep releasing stuff to build up the hype.

I'm bored and need something new from them :)

I think you're almost right! I remember also to have a mp3 that started with a spanish DJ talking through it (and also at the end I believe)! :ohmy:

But that mp3 became available on september 23...

YES! THAT was the song!

I'm confused now, because I emailed one of my buddies who is Mr. U2 uber-fan and he's not sure if I'm totally right. He also had the song with the Spanish DJ's, but he thinks we got it maybe a day or two BEFORE it was on the radio as opposed to a WEEK or two. He did say that the song was BEFORE the first radio play in America, but mentioned that it may have come from a Spanish station who played it first before anyone else.

Now I'm really confused. Either way, it was great to be able to have something in advance of the public. I remember playing it like 30 times.

I torn on whether or not I'll let myself hear this FIRST single off of the new album if it comes out early.

He also had the song with the Spanish DJ's, but he thinks we got it maybe a day or two BEFORE it was on the radio as opposed to a WEEK or two. He did say that the song was BEFORE the first radio play in America, but mentioned that it may have come from a Spanish station who played it first before anyone else.

That's also how I remember it.

Now I'm really confused. Either way, it was great to be able to have something in advance of the public. I remember playing it like 30 times.

I searched the archives of several websites, I now recall exactly how it went down.

The simple truth was that it was neither played nor leaked until September 23rd. It was first played and leaked on the same day.

The Spanish DJ version was from U2Valencia, which was the first full version leaked however, it was not the first time it was played, it was merely the first time somebody had recorded it.

Who played it first? Belgian, German and Spanish radio all had reports before both Dave Fanning and Triple J.

After reading all that, I remember it happening exactly that way.

There was however one 30 second promo clip from Australian radio on the 21st. I still have that version and the U2Valencia version.

I searched the archives of several websites, I now recall exactly how it went down.

The simple truth was that it was neither played nor leaked until September 23rd. It was first played and leaked on the same day.

The Spanish DJ version was from U2Valencia, which was the first full version leaked however, it was not the first time it was played, it was merely the first time somebody had recorded it.

Who played it first? Belgian, German and Spanish radio all had reports before both Dave Fanning and Triple J.

After reading all that, I remember it happening exactly that way.

There was however one 30 second promo clip from Australian radio on the 21st. I still have that version and the U2Valencia version.

I just emailed my buddy your post....he emailed back "BINGO!"

LOL!

My memory is failing me in my old age. :sad:

I was wrong too, I thought Dave Fanning played it first.

It was strange how that thing got leaked out but I think the deal was, all those radio stations had the song and were told to hold it and obviously some of them jumped the gun.

The first Beautiful Day leak was posted here onm Interference, I remember it was on the front page.

Back then, there were no 'threats' to take it down or anything.
Funny how times have changed.

Could we please keep this thread only for posting new information and have the discussions about leaking the songs o n the other threads??? It sucks going through all this discussion when you just want to find the most up to date info on the album.

Well, linking it all back to the present then: if 23 september was the date of the first air play of Vertigo, and guessing that U2 Inc. will follow a similar marketing and promotion schedule, we are just a month away from airplay for the first single!

Which could mean that an official announcement is just days away...!

You would think we'd be hearing something this week. At least the name of the single or something. It is good that we're hearing stories about video shoots.

Just so tired of waiting :)

You would think we'd be hearing something this week. At least the name of the single or something. It is good that we're hearing stories about video shoots.

Just so tired of waiting :)

I was just thinking that. Wonder what the holdup is. I have to be honest...I haven't really followed any other bands this closely lately and don't know what "par for the course" is when talking about appropriate timeframes from when rumors and clips become public and actual official releases occur. To me, this sounds a bit odd. Like you mentioned....you'd think we'd be hearing something this week indeed.

i really can't listen to the beach clips this time...
i am waiting for clear audio, how unique!!
although i have listened to Larry on the snare drum about 80 times...

one thing to ponder...
radio and tv ratings are all centered around thursday as the start of a calendar week-
i know it's a stretch but...maybe 9/28 will be a good 'news' day!:up:

i really can't listen to the beach clips this time...
i am waiting for clear audio, how unique!!
although i have listened to Larry on the snare drum about 80 times...

I try to restrain myself from listening to the clips, unfortunately my willpower isn't strong enough. :doh: :up:

Although I still enjoy the clips even with all those "oh oh ohs" in there. :wink:

Simplified List
Okay so these are 10 known songs to expect.

1. Ben's clip1-Lanois trailer/Choral chant
2. Ben's clip2-Walk Out Into the Streets, Sing Your Heart Out*
3. Ben's clip3-Get On Your Boots
4. Ben's clip4-Love-of some kind
5. The piano song? clip5
6. No Line On the Horizon-one leak, might have been two songs playing at once
7. Moment of Surrender-8 minutes long
8. Cedars of Lebanon-Hendrix drumming
9. Breathe-might or might not be Ben's clip2
10. For Your Love- May 18 clip

plus
402-"I Believe" (2006)
"All My life" (2006)

Mercy
North Star
Treason
Love is All We Have Left
One Bird
If I Could Live My Life Again
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go
You Can't Give Your Heart Away

2091? You're crazy. 2095. Trust me.

Really though, we only have 6 confirmed titles.

You know how they change quite often.
One of these could be one of those and so on...

Especially these:
"I Believe"- fan title
"All My life"-fan title
Mercy-may not even be considered
North Star-who knows?
Treason-probably didn't work
Love is All We Have Left-who knows?
One Bird-surely a working title
If I Could Live My Life Again-old
Lead Me In The Way I Should Go-old
You Can't Give Your Heart Away-old

Do we really though? :hmm:

I'm just saying...because it seems like most of the stuff I've read (even from so called "credible sources") is just alot of heresay and speculation that stems from sites like this one.

It seems like U2 have been so tight lipped about this project that news sources are so hungry for even a snippet of potential news that they'll print anything. I'm not sure if its been like this before, because I don't remember it being this bad.

Because someone is bound to ask for this eventually. I edited this list, taking out the known songs. Some of the songs in the ATYCLB list are carry over from Zooropa and POP, I believe.

The Unforgettable Fire Songs
· White City
· Celtic Trap
· Bird Whistle
· Return of Sting Ray Guitar
· 3 Minutes to Midnight
· Percussion #1 and #2
· French Song
· Slow Drive
(“Refer to ‘Wire’ dream section for ideal bass sound -Adam”)

All That You Can’t Leave Behind Songs
· Love Is All Around
· Good Morning
· Sun, Moon and Stars
Helicopter
· Once Upon A Time (“...when I look at the world—with Indian singing intro”
· Never Say Goodbye (“...love will never...”
· Most Beautiful Girl
· Could Have Fooled Me!
· Baby’s Got No Home
· Higher Than Love
· Frog Rock with synth part (“...Wanting to believe”)
· If I Had You To Myself
· Cowboy Miracle
· Zubu House (“with ‘tears’ guitar”)
· Density Trap
· Come On (E. Nord riff) (“We are all on/off the ground in this town...”)
· High Life House
· Jam Man (track 6)
· Lightening To Monday
· Velvet Voice (Beach Boys feel)
· Taffy Apple (with orphan riff)
· Young Blood
· Peru
· With My Body Thee Worship
· Last Week Of My Life
· Yet Another (“roy”-?)
· Don’t Steel My Heart
· Frontier Of The Skin
· Not Supposed To Be This Way
· Fallen Angel
· Guardian Angel
· Sweat Of The Sun
· Bulldozer (“complex chords, but it works)
· Roll The Rocking Chair
· The Discovery
· Walk Through The Circle (“...caught in a moment, caught in a time that doesn’t change...”)
· Gum Tree
· Big Jesus About Town
· But The Tears Will Come Soon
· Rock My Soul
· Identity Crisis
· Love Will Never Say Goodbye

Because someone is bound to ask for this eventually. I edited this list, taking out the known songs. Some of the songs in the ATYCLB list are carry over from Zooropa and POP, I believe.

The Unforgettable Fire Songs
· White City
· Celtic Trap
· Bird Whistle
· Return of Sting Ray Guitar
· 3 Minutes to Midnight
· Percussion #1 and #2
· French Song
· Slow Drive
(“Refer to ‘Wire’ dream section for ideal bass sound -Adam”)

All That You Can’t Leave Behind Songs
· Love Is All Around
· Good Morning
· Sun, Moon and Stars
Helicopter
· Once Upon A Time (“...when I look at the world—with Indian singing intro”
· Never Say Goodbye (“...love will never...”
· Most Beautiful Girl
· Could Have Fooled Me!
· Baby’s Got No Home
· Higher Than Love
· Frog Rock with synth part (“...Wanting to believe”)
· If I Had You To Myself
· Cowboy Miracle
· Zubu House (“with ‘tears’ guitar”)
· Density Trap
· Come On (E. Nord riff) (“We are all on/off the ground in this town...”)
· High Life House
· Jam Man (track 6)
· Lightening To Monday
· Velvet Voice (Beach Boys feel)
· Taffy Apple (with orphan riff)
· Young Blood
· Peru
· With My Body Thee Worship
· Last Week Of My Life
· Yet Another (“roy”-?)
· Don’t Steel My Heart
· Frontier Of The Skin
· Not Supposed To Be This Way
· Fallen Angel
· Guardian Angel
· Sweat Of The Sun
· Bulldozer (“complex chords, but it works)
· Roll The Rocking Chair
· The Discovery
· Walk Through The Circle (“...caught in a moment, caught in a time that doesn’t change...”)
· Gum Tree
· Big Jesus About Town
· But The Tears Will Come Soon
· Rock My Soul
· Identity Crisis
· Love Will Never Say Goodbye

:up::up::up: This is great, thanks!
(Not to get too off-topic, but what's your source for all these?)

Do we really though? :hmm:

I'm just saying...because it seems like most of the stuff I've read (even from so called "credible sources") is just alot of heresay and speculation that stems from sites like this one.

It seems like U2 have been so tight lipped about this project that news sources are so hungry for even a snippet of potential news that they'll print anything. I'm not sure if its been like this before, because I don't remember it being this bad.

I don't know...I never saw the title "Cedars Of Lebanon" anywhere on interference before it was confirmed. Same goes for "Moment Of Surrender", and all the others. There have been instances where speculation on interference has been considered fact by certain news websites, but only for "Sexy Boots" in regards to titles.

Plus, you can't get much more reliable of a source than the band themselves at this point.

I don't know...I never saw the title "Cedars Of Lebanon" anywhere on interference before it was confirmed. Same goes for "Moment Of Surrender", and all the others. There have been instances where speculation on interference has been considered fact by certain news websites, but only for "Sexy Boots" in regards to titles.

Plus, you can't get much more reliable of a source than the band themselves at this point.

Hopefully, we'll get something concrete from U2.com soon. I'm getting a but tired of all of the speculation. I need something solid to lean my overblown hopes on.

Does anyone know if beach clip 409 is U2? :hmm:
i've been told its not, :sad:
it sounds great tho, anybody know who it is?
or if it is U2? sounds alot like Bono to me :scratch:.

Does anyone know if beach clip 409 is U2? :hmm:
i've been told its not, :sad:
it sounds great tho, anybody know who it is?
or if it is U2? sounds alot like Bono to me :scratch:.

The song is "In Transit" from Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr's first solo album, with Bono singing over the top.

Back
Top Bottom