So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P.S.

the Eno keyboard clip is Eno accompanying a piece with M$H's "Dancing Shoes" by Lanois played on top in order to make it impossible to decipher.

now, babies, you're so cruel...

HIWI#1 (2:28-3:34) Pentaonic bluesy riff over 6/8 rhythm pattern including Lanois on telecaster
HIWI#2 (3:34-4:01) Bono singing next to Lanois and strumming along to Eno's clapping
HIWI#3 (4:01-4:26) Powerfull group singing over a 6 bar long harmonic pattern lanois on Pedal Steel
OOPS :doh: i accidently deleted the last music thing covered...
about>
HIWI#4 4:26 - 4:45 approx-- spacey music + bonoonn guitar & lanois on steel pedle

hey, Polar...*thanks* for this effort!

I don'y t have acess to the web at home. Nor do I own (yet) an MP3 player (all low $$ issues).
SO I missed all the excitement in 2004 as pieces of HutDUb were floating around on the web- but NOW with.....

....this NEW *Embedded Video* Feature??!? W00T!! Elvis & new "CEO" :) it makes my keeping up with the buzz, rattle & hum at least much more available to someone like me!:love:
While it does take time for me to make time from here where I'm doing 'puter art to jump into Interland...I saw these Mon but no chance till mnow to take a listen!

I noticed that the music contnues on PAST 4:45.

the same spcey part goes on till about 5:03 there IS a ? 3 second difference bewteen the innermost clock in the film AND the clock on the video clip screen (faster)

SO using the innermost clock -- suddenly the thing SHIFTS again at about 5:03 ~~
seem to go back to a simlilar powerful group singing and bono soloing along with some great Powerful and much louder instrumental underneigth! It sounds *wonderful*!!!

what do you all think..........
I apologize IF anyone has ALREADY has pointed this out!

I've only had time to read this initial post and the last vides on pg2 since I just spent most of my curent time on listening to these 2 vids for the first timeso far. :reject: :)

Well' I'm sorry to disappoint, but what you're refering to isn't U2 but a Danny Lanois song called "Here Is What Is", after which the movie and album are named, you can buy it from his website at Red Floor Records, but to make things clear, as soon as the color comes back at around 4:50 (Lanois playing on a red floor) it's already Lanois and not U2.

Thanks, Polar, for starting this what is the beginnings albeit very exciting beginnings of a new tour album etc with your details of sights and sounds! Keep the info coming, all! :applaud:

Well' I'm sorry to disappoint, but what you're refering to isn't U2 but a Danny Lanois song called "Here Is What Is", after which the movie and album are named, you can buy it from his website at Red Floor Records, but to make things clear, as soon as the color comes back at around 4:50 (Lanois playing on a red floor) it's already Lanois and not U2.

oooh, phooo :madspit:

but thanks for correcting my misconception! :yes:

Let's take stock here.

By my guesstimations, there are about 8 fragments of songs floating around.

You have the original 400 series beach clips. Of which I can't remember the exact numbering besides 402.

1-All My Life
2-402
3-The other one? What am I forgetting?

I'm not counting Window In The Skies or the Strokes dude's song that was just playing and happen to be recorded. Also, Thank You For the Day might be #3 in this list but I think Lanois already recorded it but left it off his album. So that one is in limbo. My guess=if it's not good enough to make a Lanois album, and considering the direction they seem to be taking, I don't know why it would end up on U2's album.

Then you have 3 more from 2008
1. "Walk Into the Streets" or whatever you want to call it
2. "Coming to the Surface of Your Love"/"Alive"
3. NLOTH (nearly inaudible)

then you have at least two different songs from U2.com, right?
This I am unsure of, as I am not a member and have only heard a few youtube clips.

Any others I'm forgetting?

Last edited:
Let's take stock here.

By my guesstimations, there are about 8 fragments of songs floating around.

You have the original 400 series beach clips. Of which I can't remember the exact numbering besides 402.

1-All My Life
2-402
3-The other one? What am I forgetting?

I'm not counting Window In The Skies or the Strokes dude's song that was just playing and happen to be recorded. Also, Thank You For the Day might be #3 in this list but I think Lanois already recorded it but left it off his album. So that one is in limbo. My guess=if it's not good enough to make a Lanois album, and considering the direction they seem to be taking, I don't know why it would end up on U2's album.

Then you have 3 more from 2008
1. "Walk Into the Streets" or whatever you want to call it
2. "Coming to the Surface of Your Love"/"Alive"
3. NLOTH (nearly inaudible)

then you have at least two different songs from U2.com, right?
This I am unsure of, as I am not a member and have only heard a few youtube clips.

Any others I'm forgetting?

What is Coming to the Surface of your Love????

I still don't trust these clips....although what if the album is called In Bloom ? :lol:

anyway, the only clip that I've actually enjoyed is clip 3 I believe, with that very abstract surreal guitar sound....

It sounds like they're drunk or high on drugs. The sound quality is not good enough to tell. It did make me laugh though. If it's U2 it's not finished U2.

oh....I didn't see Peter's suggestion that perhaps in the chorus they're dragging out the word "Lebanon" - :hmm:

that really has me wondering, cause it sorta sounds like it....dammit, I still don't trust these clips or the source, but it still frustrates me cause I'm not 100% certain that this is not U2, and I want to know if what we're getting is real or not! :waiting:

But, I have a question: How will we ever find out if these clips are real or not? Will this go down as one giant mystery in the future? :hmm: If the youtube account isn't answering, I don't see how we'll figure this out....except if we directly contacted the band somehow, but I don't see that happening...

actually the only way I see is if we clearly saw a direct correlation between the actual song on the album and these clips....Hopefully we'll get an official clip from Adam soon enough :)

This could very well be Bono singing. It sounds a big ... psychodelic, kind of heavily distorted. Actually, I liked the beginning.

lol. you guys really think that's bono around the 39 second mark? it sounds like somebody is strangling their dog.

I don't think muffled recordings of Achtung Baby or Zooropa would have sounded like u2 either.

there is no way this can be real, unless the guy snuck into the recording studio and recorded it from inside his jacket coat whilst standing totally still.

there is NO peripheral noise, nothing other than the music, so he cant be outside, or there would be some wind or movement noise

Back
Top Bottom