so whats happened this summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

europop2005

Refugee
Seeing that ive been nearly completely void of a computer for the last 100 days or so...can some one fill me in on all the U2ness thats gone on this summer?

What, you haven't bought the new U2 album that came out some weeks ago? And what about the tour tickets, I guess you missed these, too?

:shocked:

well i know theres no new album because if there was the board would flood with threads discussing how much it sucks and its nowhere as "genius as the last one" :wink:

Seeing that ive been nearly completely void of a computer for the last 100 days or so...can some one fill me in on all the U2ness thats gone on this summer?

Check out the Where The Album Has No Name sub-forum. It might take a while to sift through everything but we've received a little bit of info on the new album.

The closest we have to anything are the (somewhat) confirmed song titles - Cedars of Lebanon, No Line on the Horizon, and Moment of Surrender.

Also Bono is telling everyone within earshot that it's the best album since sliced bread.

But that's just the new album...you might be concerned with other kinds of U2ness and hopefully someone else will fill you in.

Oh yeah...Boy, October, and War were remastered and re-released a couple of weeks ago. There were a few never-before-heard tracks that accompanied the releases. I didn't listen to them.

well i know theres no new album because if there was the board would flood with threads discussing how much it sucks and its nowhere as "genius as the last one" :wink:

Of course I was just joking. :wink:

Check out the album forum, there has been some stuff going on, but not really much.

At the moment, at least Bono and Edge are in Eze, there are pictures in PLEBA, they are obviously having a good time.

Nothing has happened this Summer except U2 has released the remastered versions of Boy, October and War with all sorts of fun extras thrown in.

There have been some "rumored" album and songs titles thrown around, but nothing has been confirmed.

We're all at least in agreement that a new album will be out this Fall.

So, I think once September rolls around that that is when business will be picking up so to speak.

Daniel Lanois has become the new album's spokesperson, probably to curb Bono's usual bravado... which is coming through the pipeline anyway. People here are excited about the album, and have also been being typically ornery when it comes to most aspects having to do with it.

Also, Paul McGuiness doesn't like file-trading, and U2's new tower has been approved, but still come under scrutiny. And while Brian Eno has an album coming out with David Byrne (?) soon, he isn't going to tour with him, so maybe he'll tour with U2. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom