So, what U2 is on iTunes that I don't already have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you got all the B-Sides and early singles? I found i-tunes useful for completing my B-Sides collection. Having said covers by U2 of other peoples' work isn't necessarily available on i_tunes 'cos (I assume ) of copyrighting issues. For example the U2 covers of the Stones' 'Paint it Black' and Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son' aren't there.

As far as I remember you can't actually buy the live stuff without paying for the whole package - but then again to be honest any of the live stuff on i-Tunes can be downloaded for free on fan sites.

I bought some b-sides I didn't have yet, like "Holy Joe." I also was able to get their cover of "Jesus Christ" without paying for the entire digital box set. They have a function where you can search by both artist and song title at the same time, so it isn't too difficult to find things.

financeguy said:
Having said covers by U2 of other peoples' work isn't necessarily available on i_tunes 'cos (I assume ) of copyrighting issues. For example the U2 covers of the Stones' 'Paint it Black' and Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son' aren't there.

There there, just not in the main "complete u2" package. Takes some looking though.

iTunes has Brooklyn Bridge which is nice, some good singles with live versions of songs, and the box set has alot of nice stuff although you can get live stuff here, leagaly and free.

financeguy said:
Have you got all the B-Sides and early singles? I found i-tunes useful for completing my B-Sides collection. Having said covers by U2 of other peoples' work isn't necessarily available on i_tunes 'cos (I assume ) of copyrighting issues. For example the U2 covers of the Stones' 'Paint it Black' and Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Fortunate Son' aren't there.

As far as I remember you can't actually buy the live stuff without paying for the whole package - but then again to be honest any of the live stuff on i-Tunes can be downloaded for free on fan sites.

where can I find the cover of "fortunate son"?

namkcuR said:
So Cruel(DM Deep Extended Club Mix) 8:17

Is this a joke or does such a remix actually exist?

I ask because I've found remixes of U2 songs that I never knew existed. Some are fan made, some are legit, but were only played once in a club or on the radio (like the remixes for "Daddy's Gonna Pay..." and "Miracles Drug"). So if there is a remix for "So Cruel", I have some "hunting" to do. ;)

doctorwho said:

Is this a joke or does such a remix actually exist?

I ask because I've found remixes of U2 songs that I never knew existed. Some are fan made, some are legit, but were only played once in a club or on the radio (like the remixes for "Daddy's Gonna Pay..." and "Miracles Drug"). So if there is a remix for "So Cruel", I have some "hunting" to do. ;)

It's a joke :wink:

'DM Deep Extended Club Mix' is the name of one of the Discotheque remixes...the length I put there was totally pulled out of my ass though.

thetitans2k said:

where can I find the cover of "fortunate son"?

If you want it on iTunes, it can be found on the "Who is going to Ride Your Wild Horses" single, though I dont think it is very well done.

Back
Top Bottom