so...what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess would be a small break, spend time with their families, and then finish up or continue their recording sessions...

They seemed pretty excited about their sessions, if they took too long off I'm sure we could kiss those sessions goodbye, which could be good or bad, who knows.

They seem to really want to get back into the studio and tear things up, but it's hard to tell what their next real move will be.

Basically, I'm rambling and reflecting what BonoVox just said. :huh:

Bono going to learn how memories lyrcis better, Adam is going to try to be uncool, Larry are going home to his stereo to try to enjoy the Passanger album and Edge still don't need to be on the new like Bono need to.

well, at least they are not leading us on this time. When elevation ended there were rumors they were doing a stadium summer mini-tour that never happened. Oh... wait..... what was that rumor about next summer?

Now they actually might go back to getting a life. For Bono that could be his lastest world peace project. For Edge, that could be producing other music. Larry could drive his motorcycle and Adam could do whatever it is he does. LOL! But, I'm sure by mid 2007, they'll be back to work on that new U2 album they seem to drop hints about.

I'd imagine taking a break and enjoying the holidays. Then regrouping in the studio.

U2girl said:
I'd imagine taking a break and enjoying the holidays. Then regrouping in the studio.

pretty much sums it up. i get the feeling that they're actually aiming for a 2007 release. whether they actually get it done or not remains to be seen. but if they're happy with their sessions, then things could easily get rolling. remember, HTDAAB would have been out a lot earlier if they would have been happy with the stuff they originally had down.

They are going to shut themselfs in a house somewhere in let's say canada, get snowtrapped and produce their best work since AB.

Isn't Adam getting married soon? Guess he'll be busy getting ready for that.
And who wants to bet Bono's gonna make a trip to Africa in the coming months?
Edge might head up something with Music Rising again
And Larry's gonna fall off the face of the earth only to re-apper again with a new hair style

europop2005 said:
the tour is over...theres no recording going on...what are they up to now?
  • South of France
  • Wine
  • Maybe a big boat or two
  • Hoez
You know how we do.

They are going to read this forum and further convince everyone that constant bitching will accomplish something.

There's going to be a new UN secretary-general, Bono will have to meet him. Plus Brad and Angelina might need a godfather for their next child.

The Jazz Festival is a mere five and a half months away, Edge will have to learn whatever pieces he's playing, and deisgn the Music Rising saxophone.

Adam is getting married, as has been pointed out, but his only real duties are to show up and say something sufficiently charming during the (non-alcoholic) toasts, which is like falling off a log.

Larry can get the picture out of the attic for a few months, then he'll have to stash it back when he leaves Dublin.

Considering they just had nine months off, suggestions that they need a rest baffle me, especially as they seemed to be treating their time in Oceania as one big holiday.

I hope they take their obvious enthusiasm from the recent shows into the studio and produce something inspired.

I think I am going to start a totally unofficial blue crack podcast where I count down every week until the next album comes out. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom