So, What do we have to do to Make Origional of the Species #1???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
...And who's willing to do it??

Call/email radio stations?

e-mail request to much more music???

who's in?

Frankly, I think the only thing anybody can do to get this song to number one (at least in America) is to somehow go back in time and convince the band to rewrite, rename, and rerecord the song from scratch...otherwise, it's just not goin' down.

I've got nothing huge against the song, but it's just not possible in the country I despondently dwell in. The song just screams "NEVER EVER EVER PLAY ME!!!!! I'M UNCOOL!!!!!"

It sucks, but it's true. :(

I think a more realistic objective in the US would be to try to get it into the Top 100.

its an ok song for u2 fans!!

it not going to go to no1!!

i dont even think the radio stations in the us are playing it!!
its just an average song in a sea of brilliant songs floating around and im sorry but u2 dont have a chance!!

now if this was "ONE":drool:

I think it would be very ambitious for OOTS to even get into the top fifty. U2 just don't play what the radio wants these days. And I don't want them to play what the radio wants either. :| I'll kill myself the day Bono starts wearing overly expensive jewellery and starts rapping about the Dublin "hoods."

You all are wasting your time. It's not a song by a rap artist, crappy R&B outfit or pop diva, so it will never, ever, ever be #1 in the U.S.

I think we should do something? Why do we must campaing for U2 when U2 don´t even listen to us?

I mean, 99% of fans here agree that Vertigo Tour should change, be more exciting, with a variety of setlists, etc. Just check fans dreamed setlists... far away from what U2 are playing every night. And those setlists aren´t impossible to play, just a little changes, less ballads, more rockers, surprises, etc

What happened with Acrobat and Dirty Day petitions started here? :sad: it´s clear that the band won´t perform those songs :(

They should show more interest for fans feelings and petitions first :yes: and all we would be happier with the band, so any "campaing" for U2 could be more honest and friendly.

Peace

:wave:

Ponkine, I hear what you're saying, but I'd much rather have U2 do what THEY want, rather than have them do what other people tell them to do ... the last thing I'd want is a band that's bored with what they're doing.

Even if they lose me along the way as a fan, I'd still rather have them do what they want.

Frankly, I think the only thing anybody can do to get this song to number one (at least in America) is to somehow go back in time and convince the band to rewrite, rename, and rerecord the song from scratch...otherwise, it's just not goin' down.

I've got nothing huge against the song, but it's just not possible in the country I despondently dwell in. The song just screams "NEVER EVER EVER PLAY ME!!!!! I'M UNCOOL!!!!!"

:laugh:

this is all true, sadly.

get the stations that actually might play the crap out of it... i.e. adult alternative, adult contemporary and adult cheesy pop stations to stop playing 24 hours of christmas music every day from now until christmas and maybe you could crack the top 25.

other than that, your only hope is that it gets a lot of play on rock stations and teeny pop stations.

good luck with that.

if we all infiltrate a radio station in our local area, destroy all promo Cd and digital data of all the rap and hip hop and rb out there, and all the scott stapp and other shit rock music out there so that they can only play original, then we have it done.

i can take out every connecticut station.... whos with me?

for the record i think original is an amazing song, but U2 is never going to go to #1 with the society / musical tastes in the USA>

I've actually heard it getting more airplay here than I have with any of the other singles (excluding Vertigo). :hmm:

Oooh good post.

We should do what we did with "Beautiful Day" -- we all targeted one radio station, in Los Angeles, that has a nightly top 5 most requested. We made it number one for months. L.A. is the center of the music industry, and there's no doubt that we made an impact.

Anyone remember which station that was? What's their contact info?

i haven't heard it on the radio at all yet. sooo i don't have high hopes for it being anywhere close to cracking the top twenty.

shaun vox said:
its an ok song for u2 fans!!

it not going to go to no1!!

i dont even think the radio stations in the us are playing it!!
its just an average song in a sea of brilliant songs floating around and im sorry but u2 dont have a chance!!

now if this was "ONE":drool:

I agree..."LANDMINE! HAS TAKEN MY SIGHT! TAKEN MY SPEECH! TAKEN MY HEARING! TAKEN MY ARMS! TAKEN MY LEGS! TAKEN MY SOUL! LEFT ME WITH LIFE IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL!!!":rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

^ Ugh, I honestly have to put up with my roommate playing that stuff enough. I admit though, they were cool back when I was younger and have a fun live show.

So We want to make OOTS go to Number one?...well its very simple....you just have to make a few lyrical changes to make it "chart friendly"

Biatch slow down
I'm trying to make up a song on the spot
And Heres how it goes from the start

I'll give you my humps if you want
Except the humps that you want
You'll get to see my humps, if your kind

And you feelz like no-one before
You steal other peeoplze humps before
I kneel 'cos the radio dont like U2 no more
We have to put up with this junk
Buy an iPod if you want

Everywherezz ya goz ya shoudt dit
Y'Mumma Dont Havz ta be shize bout dit

Somefings ya shoudant get 2 good dat
Like smoking , or singing about your humps on MTV
Some people got way too much humpz babyz babyz

I'll give you my humps if you want
Except the humps that you want
You'll get to see my humps, if your kind

And you feelz like no-one before
You steal other peeoplze humps before
I kneel 'cos the radio dont like U2 no more
We have to put up with this junk
Buy an iPod if you want

no, oh no no no

my humps, my humps, my humps, my humps,my humps,my humps, my humps, my humps,my humps , my humps , my humps ,my humps
Biatch C'mon
Come on now show ya humps
Ya've beenz keeping youze humps under control

Oh my humps

And It sounds like somethin' before
You steal from slim shady b4
I kneel cause the radio dont like U2 no more
So we'll have to listen to Fergie some more

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no

i haven't heard it on the radio yet either... then again, i rarely listen to the radio.

the problem with a u2 song like this is that there isn't a station for it to make a dent on... it's not a real rock song, so it's not gonna get played on the mainstream rock stations that played the crap out of vertigo. bono doesn't have boobs, so it's not gonna be played on top 40 pop stations. and adult stations who might play it are playing jingle bells 50,000 times.

where's it gonna get played?

Back
Top Bottom