So what did you ask U2 via Hotpress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's find out what what everyone asked U2 via the Hotpress email: I asked "What happened to Mother Records?" Maybe an interferencer will get published. What did you ask?

I was just curious if anyone asked them serious questions. My guess is that most people did, but Hotpress will only print the really stupid questions like: "What kind of toothpaste do you use?" or "What color socks do you wear on thursdays?"
But thanks Bonochick for throwing a bone to a rare poster (one who's posts have been greatly reduced for some reason)

I asked something reasonably stupid, but something I'd really like to know. I bake, and I'm good at it, so I aked what the band preferred: cakes, cookies, or pies, and what kinds of each. Lame, but if I get an answer, I'll be prepared. For what, I don't know.:) I sure hope they don't say pies; I kick ass at cakes, and I hear tell I'm pretty good at cookies. Pies, jeez; I'm still learning those.:ohmy:

Martha,
I don't think that's stupid. That's something you like to do and you just want to find out what their preferences are. That's the kind of question Edge would probably respond to. I wouldn't be surprised if we see that one published. It's also a hard question for me because it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
Cookies if there's soymilk; Cake if there's soylicious; Pies after dinner. (I'm allergic to real milk).

[color=royal blue]I think I asked to Bono something about writing......and a general question of the best and worst parts of fame.

I was not creative that day...
[/color]

bearded morrison said:
Let's find out what what everyone asked U2 via the Hotpress email: I asked "What happened to Mother Records?" Maybe an interferencer will get published. What did you ask?

Patience young padawan apprentice. People will respond... :D

Actually, I already know what happened to Mother Records. U2 suffered a $1.6M loss in the label and pulled out. I guess the artists they were signing simply weren't selling at all. There's only so many losses one can take before calling it quits. Still, it's too bad U2 didn't stick that one out a bit longer.

I didn't ask any questions though. But I am curious to see what others asked.

Well.. Okay. I asked what they missed most about the Elevation Tour. My friend asked (at least I hope she emailed them in time b/c its a damn good question) how they see their influences on rock and roll, being the band they are for so long. I hope they ask hers, since U2 do not often talk about themselves in the sense of boosting themselves up. Plus they are very smart about music, so it'd be interesting to see what they think they have influenced in the art.

Thanks Dr. Who. But I thought the idea of Mother Records was to get a band one album release (by Mother) then let them go or give them the opportunity to be let go to pursue a larger record deal with a larger company. I could be wrong but I beleive that's what I read in Flannagan's book.
Oliveu2, that is a good question. I wonder if there are a lot of bands in Ireland that we never hear that have that U2 sound. Cause I sure don't hear alot of bands in the U.S. that have it. (Thank goodness).

Back
Top Bottom