So what did Bono say in The Late Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

Just wondering if you guys know what Bono said last night on the Late Show.....You see, I dont have satellite TV here in London so Im a bit curious to know what he said last night and was the performance as good as everybody says?

cheers my dears! btw just wanna say hiiiiiyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa to MAD1! Hope you are well.......

dougal

Hi!

They played Stuck and New York. Then Only BOno sat down for a chat with Dave. They talked about the"Whats Going on" release. They also talked about the MSG 3 performance when the FDNY guys came on stage.. It was pretty cool!

They sounded REALLY good! Bono seemed like a caged animal, though. I think he was desperate to run a few laps around the studio during New York...

Originally posted by Shygirl:
Hi!

They played Stuck and New York. Then Only BOno sat down for a chat with Dave. They talked about the"Whats Going on" release. They also talked about the MSG 3 performance when the FDNY guys came on stage.. It was pretty cool!

They sounded REALLY good! Bono seemed like a caged animal, though. I think he was desperate to run a few laps around the studio during New York...

And what did Adam wear?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

If I Didn't Have My Spoons, I'd Go Insane!

Originally posted by CatDubh:

And what did Adam wear?
biggrin.gif

How would we know? The camera never showed him!!! It was a Bono marathon, featuring The Edge!

Not that I'm complaining...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
How would we know? The camera never showed him!!! It was a Bono marathon, featuring The Edge!

Not that I'm complaining...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thats true! They didn't really show Larry or Adam!

Bono said "shit" and they blanked it out.

He talked about the What's Goin' On benefit tracks, about the fact the NYPD and FDNY reps in the crowd rushed the stage on Sat night and looked too familiar, "like guys I went to school with." He said one of the guys got on the stage at the end and said he'd lost his brother who'd always wanted to be in a band and be on the Garden stage..."this is for you brother!!!" Bono was very touched.

Upon review of my tape, I also think that they did show Larry and Adam as much as any performance filmed. They're not usually that interesting too watch anyways, especially compared to the lovable ham and his sweatered friend (very nice physique Mr. Edge).

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

But dude, really, what was with the sweater? I was like "what the hell is that?" It was cute and all but I still say the numbered shirts from the first leg have a hold of my heart.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

They all seemed a bit cold. Edge looked so cute with his sweater...and Larry didn't have those revealing shirts, he had on a nice (really nice!!) black sweater.

------------------
In an interview with BP Fallon:
BP: What do you do if you have the blues?
LARRY: Sing.
BP: What gives you the blues?
LARRY: Singing.

-April
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

i cant beleve you guys missed bono say.
bono says to dave, if you tune tomorrow on mtv you will get to see britney spears blind folded(bono had a smile and a smug on his face very funny, also bono became the statue of liberty during new york(by puting his hand behind his head and holding the mic as a torch very cool.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

i accidentally peed on his #'d shirts so he's been wearing different ones lately

------------------
My time amongst you is almost at an end

Originally posted by CatDubh:

And what did Adam wear?
biggrin.gif

Clothes. And glasses.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

letterman likes to keep his studio really cold.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Well HIIIIIIIIII DOUGGIE!!!!!!!!!! psst, did ya ever see my piccie yet?

biggrin.gif

if not I can tell ye where it tis!!!!!

anyway, hun hope ur doing fine as well, and that ur NOT working as hard as u should be....
wink.gif

anyway, I can tell ye what Mr B said!:

he said 'Ya know I miss maddie a lot, and when Im home her and I are gonna have a 24hr sex marathon in the wounded heart wooden bed!!!!!!!'

biggrin.gif

see?

Yo, MADDIE!

Its great to see you post here!

Nope, I havent seen your famous face yet.......I must have missed it.....is it in PLEBA by any chance?

A sex marathon with Bono? Well, I can just picture you on the floor exhausted after you reached ecstasy by drooling at the sight of Bono!
biggrin.gif

darn it I havent got round to getting the piccie here but it'll happen quite soon....

cheers my dear!

dougal x

OMG!

I have found it! You have a cute face! I loved the hilarious look on your face in the second photo! lol! I know the photos were taken ages ago but even then you looked great and I hope you still look great but still madder than before.......
biggrin.gif

I promise I will post a piccie soon once I have seen a mate of mine (who has a scanner at home) first......

dougal x

Originally posted by mad1:
Yup, quite the little fiesty vixon, owner of a fiesty little Corsa with a fiesty little No Fear on the back!!!!!!!!!!!
icon36.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Hmmm, maddie! a little fiesty vixen, huh? definitely sounds like someone Id like to meet!
biggrin.gif
Dunno about the No Fear thing though.....it should be "No Sanity!" cos you are plain MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

dougal x

Back
Top Bottom