So What are they going to do when they cash in their 401k's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
Since so many people feel U2 are pretty much done... what do you think each of them will do when they are retired?

Whats Bono going to do? Still save Africa?

What about Edge? Open a guitar school for the gifted?

Larry? Sell veggie burgers on the streets of Dublin?

Adam? What about living in Amsterdam smoking splifs all day?

What do you thing they will do besides start their osteoperosis medications?

Adam will become a travel guide for one of those BBC channels. He has a good narrating voice and his "tour" of the underworld of the Vertigo stage was quite nice.

Bono will continue his work.

Edge will enroll in MIT, become a professor of some sort.

Larry will become a sports commentator for Irish sports.

;)

thrillme said:
Adam will become a travel guide for one of those BBC channels. He has a good narrating voice and his "tour" of the underworld of the Vertigo stage was quite nice.

Bono will continue his work.

Edge will enroll in MIT, become a professor of some sort.

Larry will become a sports commentator for Irish sports.

;)

I could see Edge doing some hardcore science work

What's the Irish equivalent of a 401(k)? I know the Candian version is called an RRSP. :hmm:

Of if they're actually on the Universal payroll, is Universal a US corporation?

I just hope they're investing wisely and have varied portfolios.

I remember reading somewhere that Bono's a partner in a $2 billion investment firm (Time magazine, I think?) Something tells me he'll do fine. :wink: Hell, the Vertigo tour grossed nearly half a billion dollars; I don't think these guys could run out of money if they tried.

As for what they'll be doing when they finally put up the instruments -- I'd imagine Larry and Adam seeming to disappear off the face of the earth, doin' the Family Man thing quietly at home. Bono will still be nagging politicians about Africa when he's 80 years old, I think, and probably will have a Nobel Peace Prize sitting on a shelf somewhere. Sure, he won't get it now when he's still in "rock star" mode, but once U2 does finally hang it up (with any luck, a looooooong time from now), he'll graduate to Elder Statesman status and thus be a more "acceptable" candidate for the prize. Stupid, I know.

As for Edge -- I don't know much about the guy personally, but I'd imagine he'd still be doing some charity work of his own after seeing how much effort he's put into Music Rising. I could also see him working with Les Paul or Fender or whomever and inventing all sorts of cool effects/pedals/guitar technology that I will never understand.

Then, 20 years after they last played together, U2 will open the Grammy awards.

Allanah said:
Then, 20 years after they last played together, U2 will open the Grammy awards.

They'll have to change the name to the Grampy awards. ;)

Bono: will do what Bob Geldof's been doing already, but with more sunglasses.

Edge: will open a beanie shop in New Orleans.

Adam: will settle down and surprise everyone by becoming a monk.

Larry: will hop on a Harley and ride into the great blue yonder, never to be heard from again.

When they quit, Bono will be doing what he's doing now.

Edge will be a studio musician.

Adam will settle down with a family.

Larry will enjoy his privacy even more than he is now.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
They'll all create alters and troll around in here...

They've done that already. Larry was jick. I'm Edge.

Edge will open a music academy in New Orleans, and promote research into childhood diseases. Eventually, he will give up the beanie, revealing that he looks much younger without it.

Bono will become the UNHCR representative. Refuges everywhere will get free (Red) t-shirts and U2 iPods with their care packages.

Adam and Susie will have a lovely wedding and settle down in London. Wearing a perfectly tailored morning coat, he will be spotted in the crowd when William is crowned king.

Larry will take the picture out of the attic and he will turn out to look like John Mellencamp.

Back
Top Bottom