so we got slane out.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
why dont we try get Zoo Tv Sydney and Popmart Mexico out on dvd by starting a pettion again?

just a thought that i just got, and i havent thought about it properley....but anyway i think it would be great to have those shows on dvd and some earler ones

from nick,
i could not agree with you more, i am thrilled as
can be to get slane, but why oh why won' they
release zoo tv and popmart on dvd, i mean
what is the hold up, it can't cost that much,
i would gladly sign a petition, i have to have
these on dvd,

With the UF video being added onto the Slane DVD I'm thinking that maybe in the future U2 will do that type of bundling with its older videos. Like maybe they'd come out with a combo Red Rocks and the first Best of video collection, something like that. I would LOVE for them to release ZooTV on DVD, though, my VHS met with an unfortunate fate.

I don't understand why it's not out already.

I'd like them to re-release Red Rocks on DVD ... just the whole concert instead of what we got on the video. That would be incredible. Not about to happen, but it would be incredible.

Let's start a petition now and maybe we'll have something by next Christmas! :hyper: I've never seen Red Rocks, Sydney, or PopMart and I'm not about to waste my money on a VHS tape.

ZOO TV AND POPMART WOULD BE GREAT. RED ROCKS WOULD BE COOL IF IT WAS THE ENTIRE SHOW. WHAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IS TO GET SOME REALLY OLD U2 VIDEOS. I HAVE GOTTEN SOME OFF HUBS AND THE QUALITY IS AMAZING.

I'm sure that Zoo TV will someday be available in DVD format. That video was very successful saleswise, and it even won a grammy. However, Popmart wasn't very successful, not just the tour but the Mexico video. I would be surprised if this was released in DVD.

I think our petition should be for the ENTIRE red rocks show. I think that is the next most petition-worthy thing to try for. For those who don't know, the following songs were played at the concert but never released on the video/album.

Out of Control (This song actually opened the show. The opener was not Surrender, as the video suggests)
Twilight
An Cat Dubh
Into the heart
I fall down
Two hearts beat as one

Also, it looks like there was backstage/setup footage filmed, judging from the beginning scenes. Maybe we could get some of that in there as a special feature.

PS- I was watching the Coldplay DVD, and the documentary has footage of them at Red Rocks, and he says that they played there 20 years to the day after U2 did, and it was also rainy for Coldplay's show. Very interesting indeed.

i was thinking about this, shouldn't the name be u2 goes home instead of u2 go home? spanish is my main language that's why i'm asking.

Last edited:
Either way, I guess. It depends on whether you consider "U2" singular or plural. For example "my mom goes home" because it's only ONE person, but "my mom and dad go home" because MORE than one person is involved. Make sense?

I think "U2 Go Home" sounds better. :shrug:

i'm not sure if there's a uniformly accepted practise on whether bands are singular or plural.. they/it can be either as far as I know.

I think the whole title is sort of annoying to begin with though.

I agree also, I want my Zoo TV and Popmart DVD with lots of bonus stuff.
They could add the Achtung Baby videos and add love is blindness for the numb video, which they nicely left off the best of 90.

They should also start moving the best of 80 to DVD.

I wonder what the hold up is.

The_acrobat said:
the Coldplay DVD, and the documentary has footage of them at Red Rocks, and he says that they played there 20 years to the day after U2 did, and it was also rainy for Coldplay's show. Very interesting indeed.

I love Coldplay and bought the DVD last week, but did anyone else notice how they tried to pull off Yellow as their "Streets." With the background music, long intro that slowly builds up, and the yellow lights....i thought it was kinda obvious that they were trying to make yellow the "Streets" of their live show.....for some reason, as much as i love coldplay, it really annoys me when they try to be like U2. anyway, the slane dvd blows the coldplay one away

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Either way, I guess. It depends on whether you consider "U2" singular or plural. For example "my mom goes home" because it's only ONE person, but "my mom and dad go home" because MORE than one person is involved. Make sense?

I think "U2 Go Home" sounds better. :shrug:

Yeah what you've said is true. "U2" I would regards as plural as it is a group of more than one. "U2 go home" definitly does sound more natural though.

U2One said:

I love Coldplay and bought the DVD last week, but did anyone else notice how they tried to pull off Yellow as their "Streets." With the background music, long intro that slowly builds up, and the yellow lights....i thought it was kinda obvious that they were trying to make yellow the "Streets" of their live show.....for some reason, as much as i love coldplay, it really annoys me when they try to be like U2. anyway, the slane dvd blows the coldplay one away

wasn't there also a bit about their song Clocks that someone suggested was an Unforgettable Fire copy?..... I might be wrong about this..... but it's definitely sad but not surprising that they're trying to make a name for themselves as a good live band.

sorry to get off-topic..... but yes, just watched the Slane DVD and it was amazing.... Wake-up Dead man is definitely the most emotional part of the show... and as for the title of the DVD .... as soon as my sister saw it.... She said "they really should pack their bags and go home!"

Back
Top Bottom