So there were 25 songs recorded for Atomic...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell they need to put out a box set of unreleased material..."The Complete U2" was a great little taster but it is time to reveal all fellas!!! Scars and all give us all the tunes!!!!!

Numb1075 said:
it would be wonderful if they can finish those extra songs somehow and get out another album in say 2 years as the tour is winding down. Zooropa part II Indeed:wink:

oh HELL yes... Mercy alone could inspire an album as far as I'm concerned. Hell, it could BE its own album... but really, Smile and Mercy fit well together, and Levitate is definately album-worthy (Bono just has to fix up some of those lyrics, y'know, the ones about bees and newborn baby's heads :wink: ). Mercy has that dark AB-ish feel and Levitate is very AB-ish as well, especially when it really kicks in... I think those three songs could be the basis for a brilliant album. Love You Like Mad could possibily fit on there too - possibly (LYLM is from the ATYCLB sessions, right?). But really, I don't wanna wait four more years for another U2 album... if they could pull off another Zooropa I'd be so, SO happy...and as far as I'm concerned they already have almost half an album's worth...

AtomicBono said:

oh HELL yes... Mercy alone could inspire an album as far as I'm concerned. Hell, it could BE its own album... but really, Smile and Mercy fit well together, and Levitate is definately album-worthy (Bono just has to fix up some of those lyrics, y'know, the ones about bees and newborn baby's heads :wink: ). Mercy has that dark AB-ish feel and Levitate is very AB-ish as well, especially when it really kicks in... I think those three songs could be the basis for a brilliant album. Love You Like Mad could possibily fit on there too - possibly (LYLM is from the ATYCLB sessions, right?). But really, I don't wanna wait four more years for another U2 album... if they could pull off another Zooropa I'd be so, SO happy...and as far as I'm concerned they already have almost half an album's worth...

I like the b-sides, but I don't think they're good enough for an album. Mercy needed more work, which was why it was dropped from HTDAAB, "Smile" just wouldn't have fit, and "Levitate" needed a lot of work IMO. I've tried to get into that song as much as I can, but I find it just cheesy for the most part.

As for your second part, U2 will never re-release these songs on an album in the spirit of Zooropa. The reason they chose these songs for "The Complete U2" is probably because they have beat them to death in the studio and were destined to never be more than b-sides. From band interviews, there are A LOT more songs from the ATYCLB and HTDAAB sessions that haven't been released. I'm sure they held onto the ones with the most potential for the future.

Back
Top Bottom